1. Discuss politics - join our community by registering for free here! HOP - the political discussion forum

So why is Buffett selling like its going out of style ?

Discussion in 'U.S. Politics' started by dogtowner, Feb 27, 2013.

1. dogtowner

dogtowner Moderator Staff Member

and its not just him

Soros is running from the america stocks as well

come on, you've been hearing it around here for some time...

2. pocketfullofshells

pocketfullofshells Well-Known Member

land of 10,000 lakes and 2 senators again
    umm yea did he not also just buy a big company? a us company?

3. Cruella

Cruella Well-Known Member

No surprise here. The only reason the stock market looks good, is because the Feds are propping it up with QE3 and QE4. Wall Street doesn't seem to be paying attention to the fact that the economy is heading into another recession. The Feds are realizing that the other indicators, like consumer spending, are down and the economy is stagnant and that their attempts at printing billions isn't stimulating anything but Wall Streets gambling habit.

4. TheJPRD

TheJPRD Well-Known Member

Are Democrats self-serving criminals who are willing to destroy our nation for their own financial benefit, and to garner unrestricted power for themselves? Or, are they simply incompetent stooges whose brainless actions will destroy our nation? Does it really matter what the right answer is? Perhaps the answer is a bit of both? Whatever the case may be, neither criminals nor the incompetent should be holding powerful government positions! Do we sit by calmly as our nation is destroyed by voting blocks that have been bought and paid-for by the leftist-Democrat politicians for whom they blindly vote? That is perhaps a better question to ask ourselves.

Pandora and Gipper like this.
  5. Gipper

Gipper Well-Known Member

Could be a sign that the crash is just around the corner.

When it comes, how much you want to bet that Big Ears and the Ds blame Bush and the Rs, and many Americans will believe their lies, including much of the state run media.

6. Cruella

The incompetents should be fired and the self-serving criminals impeached and imprisoned.

7. cashmcall

cashmcall Well-Known Member

In mine and Warren buffets opinion.....The S&P will hit 1000 before it hits 1500. The only way we break out to new inflation adjusted highs is if we hyperinflate. Traders are not buying to hold here... in their opinion...You're better off to buy the dips and sell the rips...God I hate that phrase.

When government corruption is rampant, markets are manipulated and fiat is being furiously debased... while interest rates do not keep up with inflation people are going to figure "what the hell"... given the choices I may as well go for broke and throw the long ball with my eyes closed and hope it finds it's mark.They alway's do this..and WB knows this..remember my opinions may be worth less than your paying for them..

8. Cruella

The S&P closed at 1514. So I'm confused by what you said. ^

9. cashmcall

That's what I get for not reading my post..In my mind what i said was, a week ago we thought ...and you know the rest..I am a value investor...I DO NO TRADE ..and again I was wrong about us not hitting 1500....but I am correct on the why..

10. Johnny Tremain

Johnny Tremain Well-Known Member

Buy Gold.
    Buy Platinum.
    Buy Rhodium.
    Buy Silver.
    Perhaps--Copper.

11. pocketfullofshells

Sorry I can't hear you over the record stock market....

12. pocketfullofshells

Just think how much richer all those idiots who listen to Beck and buy gold would be ...now that the market is at a all time high ( not that they would spend that money on jobs or paying workers)

13. cashmcall

What does the stock market have to do with it?are you going to let us use it when it drops 20%..IMO it will...

14. pocketfullofshells

your right...what does the stock market have to do with the economy....if you have to ask.....

15. Cruella

The only reason the Stock Market is up, is because Bernanke is manipulating it by printing 85 billion dollars a month....but you knew that.

"we all know it's going to end badly, but in the meantime we can make some money" - "just make sure to sell ahead of everyone else",