So why is Buffett selling like its going out of style ?

dogtowner

Staff member
and its not just him

Soros is running from the america stocks as well

Despite the 6.5% stock market rally over the last three months, a handful of billionaires are quietly dumping their American stocks . . . and fast.

Warren Buffett, who has been a cheerleader for U.S. stocks for quite some time, is dumping shares at an alarming rate. He recently complained of “disappointing performance” in dyed-in-the-wool American companies like Johnson & Johnson, Procter & Gamble, and Kraft Foods.

In the latest filing for Buffett’s holding company Berkshire Hathaway, Buffett has been drastically reducing his exposure to stocks that depend on consumer purchasing habits. Berkshire sold roughly 19 million shares of Johnson & Johnson, and reduced his overall stake in “consumer product stocks” by 21%. Berkshire Hathaway also sold its entire stake in California-based computer parts supplier Intel.

With 70% of the U.S. economy dependent on consumer spending, Buffett’s apparent lack of faith in these companies’ future prospects is worrisome.

Unfortunately Buffett isn’t alone.

Fellow billionaire John Paulson, who made a fortune betting on the subprime mortgage meltdown, is clearing out of U.S. stocks too. During the second quarter of the year, Paulson’s hedge fund, Paulson & Co., dumped 14 million shares of JPMorgan Chase. The fund also dumped its entire position in discount retailer Family Dollar and consumer-goods maker Sara Lee.

Finally, billionaire George Soros recently sold nearly all of his bank stocks, including shares of JPMorgan Chase, Citigroup, and Goldman Sachs. Between the three banks, Soros sold more than a million shares.

So why are these billionaires dumping their shares of U.S. companies?

come on, you've been hearing it around here for some time...

It’s very likely that these professional investors are aware of specific research that points toward a massive market correction, as much as 90%.

One such person publishing this research is Robert Wiedemer, an esteemed economist and author of the New York Times best-selling book Aftershock.

Before you dismiss the possibility of a 90% drop in the stock market as unrealistic, consider Wiedemer’s credentials.

In 2006, Wiedemer and a team of economists accurately predicted the collapse of the U.S. housing market, equity markets, and consumer spending that almost sank the United States. They published their research in the book America’s Bubble Economy.

It starts with the reckless strategy of the Federal Reserve to print a massive amount of money out of thin air in an attempt to stimulate the economy.

Werbung:
and its not just him

No surprise here. The only reason the stock market looks good, is because the Feds are propping it up with QE3 and QE4. Wall Street doesn't seem to be paying attention to the fact that the economy is heading into another recession. The Feds are realizing that the other indicators, like consumer spending, are down and the economy is stagnant and that their attempts at printing billions isn't stimulating anything but Wall Streets gambling habit.

Are Democrats self-serving criminals who are willing to destroy our nation for their own financial benefit, and to garner unrestricted power for themselves? Or, are they simply incompetent stooges whose brainless actions will destroy our nation? Does it really matter what the right answer is? Perhaps the answer is a bit of both? Whatever the case may be, neither criminals nor the incompetent should be holding powerful government positions! Do we sit by calmly as our nation is destroyed by voting blocks that have been bought and paid-for by the leftist-Democrat politicians for whom they blindly vote? That is perhaps a better question to ask ourselves.

and its not just him

come on, you've been hearing it around here for some time...

Could be a sign that the crash is just around the corner.

When it comes, how much you want to bet that Big Ears and the Ds blame Bush and the Rs, and many Americans will believe their lies, including much of the state run media.

Are Democrats self-serving criminals who are willing to destroy our nation for their own financial benefit, and to garner unrestricted power for themselves? Or, are they simply incompetent stooges whose brainless actions will destroy our nation? Does it really matter what the right answer is?

The incompetents should be fired and the self-serving criminals impeached and imprisoned.

In mine and Warren buffets opinion.....The S&P will hit 1000 before it hits 1500. The only way we break out to new inflation adjusted highs is if we hyperinflate. Traders are not buying to hold here... in their opinion...You're better off to buy the dips and sell the rips...God I hate that phrase.

When government corruption is rampant, markets are manipulated and fiat is being furiously debased... while interest rates do not keep up with inflation people are going to figure "what the hell"... given the choices I may as well go for broke and throw the long ball with my eyes closed and hope it finds it's mark.They alway's do this..and WB knows this..remember my opinions may be worth less than your paying for them..

The S&P closed at 1514. So I'm confused by what you said. ^
That's what I get for not reading my post..In my mind what i said was, a week ago we thought ...and you know the rest..I am a value investor...I DO NO TRADE ..and again I was wrong about us not hitting 1500....but I am correct on the why..

Are Democrats self-serving criminals who are willing to destroy our nation for their own financial benefit, and to garner unrestricted power for themselves? Or, are they simply incompetent stooges whose brainless actions will destroy our nation? Does it really matter what the right answer is? Perhaps the answer is a bit of both? Whatever the case may be, neither criminals nor the incompetent should be holding powerful government positions! Do we sit by calmly as our nation is destroyed by voting blocks that have been bought and paid-for by the leftist-Democrat politicians for whom they blindly vote? That is perhaps a better question to ask ourselves.

Sorry I can't hear you over the record stock market....

Werbung:
your right...what does the stock market have to do with the economy....if you have to ask.....

The only reason the Stock Market is up, is because Bernanke is manipulating it by printing 85 billion dollars a month....but you knew that.

"we all know it's going to end badly, but in the meantime we can make some money" - "just make sure to sell ahead of everyone else",

Back