Soaring cost of healthcare sets a record

PLC1

Staff member
Healthcare spending grew to a record 17.3% of the U.S. economy last year

Reporting from Washington - In a stark reminder of growing costs, the government has released a new estimate that healthcare spending grew to a record 17.3% of the U.S. economy last year, marking the largest one-year jump in its share of the economy since the government started keeping such records half a century ago.

Regardless of how we feel about the current health care reform debate, of whether said reform would bring down costs or not, there is one thing on which we all should agree: The current system is not sustainable over the long haul.

Werbung:
Healthcare spending grew to a record 17.3% of the U.S. economy last year
Regardless of how we feel about the current health care reform debate, of whether said reform would bring down costs or not, there is one thing on which we all should agree: The current system is not sustainable over the long haul.
Just in my minuscule little area of this great big nation...I've known more elderly/struggling families that have had to file bankruptcy due to major medical bills then any time in my short life!

It's an epidemic that seems to be ignored by the 'HAVES' and are making the 'HAVE NOTS' suffer an unbearable choice of: can't afford the medical office visit/prescription drugs or food/utilities for the family...GOOD GRIEF!

The US spends over $600Bn a year on warfare/weapons.

Clearly that is more important than the health of its citizens.

Which shows how screwed up everything is.

Why aren't you campaigning to get weapons spend down?

Now, pop your uniform on and go and die for the rich

Just in my minuscule little area of this great big nation...I've known more elderly/struggling families that have had to file bankruptcy due to major medical bills then any time in my short life!

It's an epidemic that seems to be ignored by the 'HAVES' and are making the 'HAVE NOTS' suffer an unbearable choice of: can't afford the medical office visit/prescription drugs or food/utilities for the family...GOOD GRIEF!

how are the "haves" causing major medical bills to happen to these folks ?

how are the "haves" causing major medical bills to happen to these folks ?

Historically speaking: the higher the wage earner the better the perks/benefits {ie those over paid fat cats in the mortgage/banking/financial corporations} they/you don't notice the escalating cost of major medical premiums that are now priced out of our middle income America's wage bracket...ergo; we don't get the benefits/perks/not even a sick day package due to cost/cut backs...so when the imperial upper echelon don't FEEL the negative impact of costly health care you/they are oblivious to the problem! ;)

Historically speaking: the higher the wage earner the better the perks/benefits {ie those over paid fat cats in the mortgage/banking/financial corporations} they/you don't notice the escalating cost of major medical premiums that are now priced out of our middle income America's wage bracket...ergo; we don't get the benefits/perks/not even a sick day package due to cost/cut backs...so when the imperial upper echelon don't FEEL the negative impact of costly health care you/they are oblivious to the problem! ;)

So how again did they cause the medical bill ?

I "get" that you do not care for me or rich people.

By opposing free healthcare for all

There is no such thing as free health care. Someone has to pay.

While we spend 600 billion on the military, we spend 2.5 trillion on health care between the public and private sectors. That's the problem: not that we're spending too little, but that the enormous amount of money we do spend needs to be spent more efficiently.

So how again did they cause the medical bill ?

I "get" that you do not care for me or rich people.

NOT TRUE...and you know what I'm talking about...my husband and I were for many years in the upper echelon and we gave back in many ways to our community. {we've had this discussion on another thread - remember}.

I'm not an idiot...I know that there has to be the 'HAVES' and the 'HAVE NOTS'...but it shouldn't be about our health benefit issues...NO SIR - NO WAY! We all are provided with safe highways to travel on, safe standard of water to drink, safe food to eat, a safe standard for human waste removal, household trash removal...why shouldn't we be provide a universal health care that is equal for one and all!

Werbung:
NOT TRUE...and you know what I'm talking about...my husband and I were for many years in the upper echelon and we gave back in many ways to our community. {we've had this discussion on another thread - remember}.

I'm not an idiot...I know that there has to be the 'HAVES' and the 'HAVE NOTS'...but it shouldn't be about our health benefit issues...NO SIR - NO WAY! We all are provided with safe highways to travel on, safe standard of water to drink, safe food to eat, a safe standard for human waste removal, household trash removal...why shouldn't we be provide a universal health care that is equal for one and all!

It was nice that you had the freedom to "give back". wouldn't have been nicer to have more of your money to give back to the things you wished to give back to ?

We pay for those highways, they are not provided.
We pay for that water either to the utility company or for our wells.
We pay taxes to have the FDA inspect that food.
We pay for that sewer system or our septic system.

Its NOT provided. Its bought and paid for.

Back