Solution Proposals?

kobzikov

How about instead of only discussing the news and issues, we also try to come up with solutions to political, social or economic problems? Would anyone be interested in that?

Hmm, maybe this is not such a good or popular idea as I thought it to be. Does anyone have opinions on the matter?

Werbung:
How about instead of only discussing the news and issues, we also try to come up with solutions to political, social or economic problems? Would anyone be interested in that?

Hmm, maybe this is not such a good or popular idea as I thought it to be. Does anyone have opinions on the matter?

I think that's a great idea. I would definitely support a specific forum dedicated to members personal solutions to various issues.

So maybe someone throws a potential solution on the table and we all post our 2 cents on the solution? Sounds doable to me.

Man is by nature a social animal. This is a quote from a wise old man I met at Hooters. He agredd to share his wisdom with me for beer.

While i follow your logic, i don't know what good it will do. Our politicians won't even listen to our lawmakers, let alone a couple of us. Sorry to be so negative, but i am losing all faith in the system right now.

You can do that. Potential solutions become part of the dicussion if someone brings them up.

The problem that I see with bringing up solutions when a particular issue is discussed is that it changes direction of existing discussion and interrupts its natural flow. I also think that it might not be a good idea to hijack an ongoing discussion, because you or I or anyone else wants to discuss a different aspect of the issue, which is why I suggested an exclusive forum for that.

While i follow your logic, i don't know what good it will do. Our politicians won't even listen to our lawmakers, let alone a couple of us. Sorry to be so negative, but i am losing all faith in the system right now.

This is just an idea. I don’t know if it will remedy the problems in current political system. I’m just throwing it out on the table to see if we as members of a forum could come up with potential solutions for existing problems, on which most if not all of us would agree.
I don’t think this idea could be applied to fix the current political system, because there is too much outside influence from special interest groups. We on the other hand don’t have any ulterior motives, I think. I imagine that most participants would be interested purely in finding potentially good and workable proposals. It’s not as if anyone’s campaign contributions are influenced by their ability to defeat or pass a proposal on here, at least I hope not.

Thanks palerider. I’ve thought about the idea a little and I think that it would require a separate forum, because there are so many different issues there to discuss from American domestic issues such as overhauling education, health care, social security and so on to proposals for changing foreign relations with different countries including trade and diplomacy. As a side note, could you change the subject name for your proposal to something more descriptive then Solution 1, like Saving Social Security or Addressing Social Security Crisis? I think it would get more attention that way.

Debate forums always suffer from hyperthreadjack syndrom (HTJS) Making a seperate forum for contrived solutions to the debated problems would themselves suffer from debate stemming from the solution and then into other aspects of the problem the solution is meant to cure. For the political discussion forum the difficulty in avoiding threadjacking is so immense that no one ever considers it a threadjack (except in extreme cases such as when roker decides the thread discussing exports from china should also include conspiracy theories involving chemical trails behind airplanes piloted by jimmy hoffa and the real JFK, who are up there sparying us with aerosolized elephant dung mixed with thin mint icecream.) For the most part it's best that things remain on the subject of the debated item but still reserving the ability to walk outside the line of conversation at hand, otherwise we'd have to make about 100 threads per single issue at point.

Debate forums always suffer from hyperthreadjack syndrom (HTJS) Making a seperate forum for contrived solutions to the debated problems would themselves suffer from debate stemming from the solution and then into other aspects of the problem the solution is meant to cure. For the political discussion forum the difficulty in avoiding threadjacking is so immense that no one ever considers it a threadjack (except in extreme cases such as when roker decides the thread discussing exports from china should also include conspiracy theories involving chemical trails behind airplanes piloted by jimmy hoffa and the real JFK, who are up there sparying us with aerosolized elephant dung mixed with thin mint icecream.) For the most part it's best that things remain on the subject of the debated item but still reserving the ability to walk outside the line of conversation at hand, otherwise we'd have to make about 100 threads per single issue at point.

I don't like thin mint ice cream. I much prefer any of the variations of chocolate.

FUC%IN AYE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ROKER FRIGGIN ROCKS you all just cant seem to put the pipe down when it comes to ROKER i LOVE my celebrity status here this is AWSOME kkep the publicity flowing ace i love to get my sh*t Read and lil comments like these keep em comin!!!!!!

BTW F4CK YOU Robeph do you know how many cretins here hijack threads? its funny though that ROKER has so much power here

you frigging dolts dont see it though still....................

hahahahahahahahahah

ROKER IS THE KING and you all are his SERFS

I ply you all like warm clay .......youll wake up one day and BOY HOWDY IS IT GONNA PISS YOU OFF that i was able to CHUMP your azz

thanks for the publicity pal seems it got me another vote

Roker, this is why you are "villainized and ridiculed", not because you stir the pot. It's your failure to engage in intelligent discussion, as evident by your post above, that makes people ridicule you.

Werbung:
Back