Some religions must be false.

But I can verify the shape of the earth.

I can't verify the existence of god and nor can lots of people I know

How can you verify it unless you actually go into space? Could all be some conspiracy :rolleyes:

You take it on faith.

Werbung:
I don't hav ve to go into space.

There are lots of ways to verify it thatv are quite easy.

But so what if I did have to go into space.

I can't verify god by doing anything

I don't hav ve to go into space.

There are lots of ways to verify it thatv are quite easy.

But so what if I did have to go into space.

I can't verify god by doing anything

What are the other ways of verifying it? Reading a book? Taking it on faith?

You can sail around it, but maybe the boat turned somewhere during the trip, you don't really know.

I think we all know that the proof for the Earth being round is infinetly better than that of God, even if you want to play silly games about it.

I think we all know that the proof for the Earth being round is infinetly better than that of God, even if you want to play silly games about it.

Just pointing out the fallacy in your argument. You have never seen with your own eyes that the Earth is round. How do you know? You take it on faith, or you read it in a book. It is the same with God.

I have been round the world continuing in the same direction and arrived back home.

I have never seen, heard, smelled, tasted or touched god.

Nor has anyone else.

BTW, the people who discovered that the world is round did not have access to space travel.

There was quite a long gap between the two.

About 500 years roughly.

Next.

BTW, the people who discovered that the world is round did not have access to space travel.

There was quite a long gap between the two.

About 500 years roughly.

Next.

So this means you are taking the words of 500 year old people on faith? Nice.

500 years ago some very brave people could tell from experience that the world is round.

I suppose you would have been there charging them with heresy and insisting that it is flat.

500 years ago some very brave people could tell from experience that the world is round.

I suppose you would have been there charging them with heresy and insisting that it is flat.

Maybe 2000 years ago some brave people could tell from experience that there was a God.

Who are you to disprove their personal experiences? Unless God comes downs and says Hello to you, you would never be convinced about anything.

But you have no problem accepting that the Earth is round (which I agree with) based on the faith of what other people tell you.

What are the other ways of verifying it? Reading a book? Taking it on faith?

You can sail around it, but maybe the boat turned somewhere during the trip, you don't really know.
Jesus H. Christ. You claim to have a Master's degree? More like a GED.

Look at a ship through a telescope on calm water 20 Miles away. Can you see the whole ship or just the upper part? Why not the bottom part? Curvature of the Earth? Then using math, you may even determine the diameter of the Earth without going into space.

Jesus H. Christ. You claim to have a Master's degree? More like a GED.

Look at a ship through a telescope on calm water 20 Miles away. Can you see the whole ship or just the upper part? Why not the bottom part? Curvature of the Earth? Then using math, you may even determine the diameter of the Earth without going into space.

I am not saying I believe this, but in principle the idea is the same.

You could have proved the world was round 2000 years ago and you still can

Nobody proved god's existence 2000 years ago and they still can't.

The quality of arguments trying to prove the existence of god are childish as this round earth discussion is demonstrating

You could have proved the world was round 2000 years ago and you still can

Nobody proved god's existence 2000 years ago and they still can't.

The quality of arguments trying to prove the existence of god are childish as this round earth discussion is demonstrating

No one is trying to prove God to you. If you don't believe it no one cares.

Werbung:
The principle is not the same.

You can demonstrate and verify the roundness of the earth.

It is supported by observable evidence and reason available to all.

These factors are all absent in the god argument.

Back