Some religions must be false.

The principle is not the same.

You can demonstrate and verify the roundness of the earth.

It is supported by observable evidence and reason available to all.

These factors are all absent in the god argument.

I have said all along that God is arbitrary and people interpret it however they want. To two people the concept of "God" is totally different. Why do you care so much if someone believes in some higher power?

Werbung:
No one cares???

You did a few moments ago until your arguments were exposed for what they are.

Will it be name-clling next?

No one cares???

You did a few moments ago until your arguments were exposed for what they are.

Will it be name-clling next?

Maybe you missed the post were I said I agree the world is round, but it could be argued the way I said it on principle... appears that you did.

I care because the notion of god has been used to suppress science, to rob the poor, to exert tyranical power, to deprive children of blood transfusionsetc etc.

that enough for ya?

I care because the notion of god has been used to suppress science, to rob the poor, to exert tyranical power, to deprive children of blood transfusionsetc etc.

that enough for ya?

It has been yes, but it hardly continues to do so today. (depending on the religion)

What???

How aout the last pope telling the aids ridden millions of Africa that condoms are bad???

What about the catholic priests ****ing little boys???

What about the Church taking money from the poor and then its priest walking ropund in $10,000 robes?

What about the lobby in the US trying to stop evolution being taught???

Enough for ya?

What???

How aout the last pope telling the aids ridden millions of Africa that condoms are bad???

What about the catholic priests ****ing little boys???

What about the Church taking money from the poor and then its priest walking ropund in $10,000 robes?

What about the lobby in the US trying to stop evolution being taught???

Enough for ya?

Did anyone in Africa listen? No. The Pope offers his own religious perspective, what he says has no bearing on policy in Africa. Further, do condoms prevent most STD's? No. Even the condom maker will tell you that.

Yes Catholic priests have molested boys, so have millions of people who are not priests, in an organization so large, you will have some bad seeds.

The Church does not really do that anymore, in fact now they mostly turn around and give millions upon millions out to those most in need.

Is evolution not being taught? No. I went to Jesuit school for high school was taught evolution by a priest no less.

You are misrepresenting a huge organization based on the actions of a few bad people.

The roman catholic church is one of the richest organisations on earth.

The bulk of its believers live in poverty in Sth America.

Fact

How come the church is massively rich and they are massively poor?

I notice that the church and those TV evangelists have conveniently overlooked the bit about how hard it is for a rich man to get into heaven.

That is becasue they are all sheisters robbing the poor to enrich themsleves

How come the church is massively rich and they are massively poor?

I notice that the church and those TV evangelists have conveniently overlooked the bit about how hard it is for a rich man to get into heaven.

That is becasue they are all sheisters robbing the poor to enrich themsleves

The big TV evangelists are not really Catholic. Do you think the Church has enough money to fix the woes of an entire continent? I think not.

But I can verify the shape of the earth.

I can't verify the existence of god and nor can lots of people I know

Yep, I agree. For all practical purposes it can be and has been verified. Lot's of people have made observations that they conclude means the earth is round.

While you may not have verified the existence of God lot's of other people have. I bet if I ask..ok I will... that other people here on this very forum will verify that they have made an observation that verifies the existence of God.

[I have heard the voice of God. It was a very small still voice. Somehow it also sounded like a trumpet. It was clear and no explanation was needed for me to understand that it was God. He said: "I am."

Has anyone else here heard or seen God?]​

Ok back to the post:

So I agree that the roundness of the earth can and has been verified as evidenced by the many people who have made an observation to that effect. I have also stated that I could present evidence that many people have heard God this the existence of God can and has been verified.

So why do you accept one verification and not the other? Not that I think you will suddenly change your mind. I am just exploring with you why you believe what you believe.

Werbung:
I think we all know that the proof for the Earth being round is infinetly better than that of God, even if you want to play silly games about it.

Then I guess it is a good thing for me that I am not trying to prove to you that God exists. Just that it is incorrect for you to claim that He does not.

Back