Somebody Cue The Fat Lady

Greco

With only days to go before the general election, and consistently trailing in all the polls, John McCain needed a big night in the final debate. Only the day before, at a campaign rally McCain told his supporters, “I’m going to whip Senator Obama’s you know what”.

He was wrong about that too.

The CBS poll of uncommitted voters showed Obama the clear winner with 53%, compared to only 22% that thought McCain won. 24% saw the debate as a draw in their poll. CNN released their poll and 58% gave the win to Obama, compared to only 31% who gave McCain the edge. MSN has a live click-thru poll (you can only vote once). As of 11:25am today. 1,227,576 votes have been cast. Their poll also gives the win to Obama with 51%, compared to McCain’s 39%.

Not much of a “you know what” whuppin’ that McCain promised.

The format of the debate allowed both candidates to express their positions in detail on the major issues. The format also allowed McCain to throw in his smears against Obama. When the event ended, McCain’s policies were rejected, and his repeated smears did him no good. All the debates are now concluded, and it was a grand slam for the Democrats, who won all three of the presidential debates, and the vice presidential debate.

With only twenty days remaining before the election, John McCain’s campaign is doomed to failure. His policies have been rejected. His smears haven’t worked, and he has no other ammo in his pouch. All he can do is continue down the same path that has failed to connect in all of the debates, and all of the national polls. Perhaps the outcome would have been different if the John McCain of 2000 was the candidate, but to appease the core of his party, he sold-out his integrity and voters don’t like what he’s become.

Somebody cue the fat lady.

Werbung:
You are both a gentleman and a scholar!

Your post is spot on and I dare say even those who won't yet admit it publicly know the "fat lady" is in hair and make up on her way to the stage!;)

I really hope you are wrong. If you are right I will be so depressed for 4 years except when I am doing my patriotic dissent.

if you are wrong I am going to find every post like this and do a

hehe reply :) and listen to your patriotic dissent for the next 4 years :)

With only days to go before the general election, and consistently trailing in all the polls, John McCain needed a big night in the final debate. Only the day before, at a campaign rally McCain told his supporters, “I’m going to whip Senator Obama’s you know what”.

He was wrong about that too.
.....And, the word (on the Debate) is really gettin'-around!!!!

"Following the concluding presidential debate in New York last night Ireland's largest bookmaker, Paddy Power, has decided to pay out on Barack Obama as the forty-fourth President of the United States of America.

Paddy Power said "We declare this race well and truly over and congratulate all those who backed Obama, your winnings await you."

Looks like you're going to have plenty of spare time. McCain has self-destructed, and doesn't have a fourth quarter strategy.

As the thread title implies, the fat lady has yet to sing.

Pre-election polls can decieve. When push comes to shove on election day, republicans have traditionally had a greater percentage of their party actually show up and vote. So while democratic policies may be favored by the general population, republican policies are more often favored by the actual electorate.

This explains why the democrats are so eager to get out the vote, while republican tactics usually try to limit voter participation and denigrate democratic efforts such as ACORN under the guise of limiting voter fraud.

Pre-election polls can decieve. When push comes to shove on election day, republicans have traditionally had a greater percentage of their party actually show up and vote. So while democratic policies may be favored by the general population, republican policies are more often favored by the actual electorate.

This explains why the democrats are so eager to get out the vote, while republican tactics usually try to limit voter participation and denigrate democratic efforts such as ACORN under the guise of limiting voter fraud.
Here we go with the charge of "voter suppression" for asking that ONLY verifiable Citizens vote, and ONLY vote once.

Everyone who thinks we should let NON citizens vote, please make your case. Similarly, anyone who feels its OK to cast more than one ballot in the same election, let us know who you are and why you support such actions.

Everyone who thinks we should let NON citizens vote, please make your case. Similarly, anyone who feels its OK to cast more than one ballot in the same election, let us know who you are and why you support such actions.

Strawmen are so easy to knock down.

Strawmen are so easy to knock down.

Then go for it... Quantify, verify and substantiate your claim of voter suppression. There are already plenty of threads outlining the Voter Fraud and Voter Registration Fraud, all verifiable and substantiated, but I've yet to see even one solid case made for voter suppression - other than many of you just accept it as "Common Knowledge" AKA - Groupthink.

In the poll that represents the actual votes that elect our presidents, the Electoral College Poll shows Obama 352, McCain 171, ties 15.

I wonder how the Republicans can suppress the Electoral College votes?

http://www.electoral-vote.com/

In the poll that represents the actual votes that elect our presidents, the Electoral College Poll shows Obama 352, McCain 171, ties 15.

I wonder how the Republicans can suppress the Electoral College votes?

http://www.electoral-vote.com/

they cant

but those states you have under obama most are within 3-5 pts. I think many say they are going for obama but are not. I know many who wont say they are not voting for him but have zero intent on doing it because they get called racist. that brings the election much closer than you are posting.

This explains why the democrats are so eager to get out the vote, while republican tactics usually try to limit voter participation.....
.....One way, OR another...... :rolleyes:

Werbung:
In 2004, NO one wanted to run against Bush, as they knew his Prussians were in the woods ... so when everyone else took a sheepish step back, John Kerry was left standing as the lamb to the slaughter.

This year, NO one wanted to run against either Obama or Clinton, as they knew the house of Bush was due for a beheading ... so now it's the clay-footed John McCain who "volunteers" to return the burnt-offering favor.

The fat lady sang a long time ago.

In November we can finally turn off our I-pods.

Back