Southern Man

Gipper

Americans, both white and black, are leaving the liberally diseased northern states for the southern states. They are going where the jobs are and the stinking unions and big costly government isn't.

Not surprising, but we don't want the libs to know that the electoral map will soon be stacked against them. Yippee!

What Americans, and President Obama, can learn from the Great Migration South.

According to the latest Census figures, and stories in USA Today, the Associated Press, and elsewhere, the South was the fastest growing region in America over the last decade, up 14 percent. “The center of population has moved south in the most extreme way we’ve even seen in history,” Robert Groves, director of the Census Bureau, said a few months ago.

That migration wasn’t limited to white Yankees like me. The nation’s African American population grew 1.7 million over the last decade — and 75 percent of that growth occurred in the South, according to William Frey, a demographer at the Brookings Institution. What those stories and studies failed to report were the reasons propelling that migration. The economic and cultural forces driving this migration south have been ignored by the press. And by the Obama administration

Like me, businesses around the world liked what they saw in the South, too. Companies like Boeing, Nissan, BMW, and Toyota could have chosen anywhere in the world to locate their most modern plants, but chose to locate them in the South.
Where there are plants and jobs, people move. And Americans have been moving south from the rust belt and industrial North for decades. In 1960, Detroit had a population of 1,850,000. Today, it has 720,000. Houston is now larger than Detroit, Atlanta is larger than Boston, and Dallas is larger than San Francisco.

Those numbers reflect a shift in political power. Texas picked up four seats in the House of Representatives this past year, while Ohio and New York lost two. Georgia and South Carolina picked up a seat, while New Jersey and Michigan lost one.

What caused this migration of capital — the human, industrial, and political varieties? Ask transplanted business owners and they’ll tell you they like investing in states where union bosses and trial lawyers don’t run the show, and where tax burdens are low. They also want a work force that is affordable and well-trained. And that doesn’t see them as the enemy.

In short, policy matters. So, too, does culture.
http://www.nationalreview.com/articles/278596/southern-me-lee-habeeb?page=1

Werbung:
Yeah, the problem is they bring their ideas with them and ruin the new place.

Oregon used to be a great place then a bunch of Californians moved here. For a long while in the 70s there were bumper stickers that said, californian go home!

Then by the 90's there were more californians here than native Oregonians (my family included) and the place is really bad off. The southern people should refuse to let the northern people in lest they become like em.

Yeah, the problem is they bring their ideas with them and ruin the new place.

Oregon used to be a great place then a bunch of Californians moved here. For a long while in the 70s there were bumper stickers that said, californian go home!

Then by the 90's there were more californians here than native Oregonians (my family included) and the place is really bad off. The southern people should refuse to let the northern people in lest they become like em.

very often they come to see the folly of their prior habitat. also very often they were just looking for an excuse to escape ! the rest we kill and dump in the woods. OK I made that last part up.

old people move south, republicans think its because of them...not the nice weather...typical.

Since I am one of the old people who "moved South," I can tell you first hand why!

Because the South (as so many Red State in the Bible belt) is CHEAP. . .the weather is not too bad, and housing is dirt cheap, with great golf courses, and not much traffic. . .since there are so few industries!

However, if I had known that the Southern Baptist would be everywhere, and imposing their laws on local government, I would NEVER have come. In fact, I plan on leaving this God forsaken place as soon as the housing market improves.

Werbung:
Since I am one of the old people who "moved South," I can tell you first hand why!

Because the South (as so many Red State in the Bible belt) is CHEAP. . .the weather is not too bad, and housing is dirt cheap, with great golf courses, and not much traffic. . .since there are so few industries!

However, if I had known that the Southern Baptist would be everywhere, and imposing their laws on local government, I would NEVER have come. In fact, I plan on leaving this God forsaken place as soon as the housing market improves.

Some of what you say is true, but then you revert to your bigoted uninformed ways. Why so intolerant of people different from you?

If you had read the article I posted and were at least slightly informed on the issue, you would know jobs are moving south. And people are following including black Americans who find racism is less a problem there than up North where libs reside.

This movement of jobs is a consequence of the evils of liberalism. Small and mid size businesses are the job creators and they are tired of the high lib government taxes, lib regulations, and commie unions that dominant the northern states. So, they are moving south. Many large corporations are doing this too. Texas has more Fortune 500 companies than NY.

Maybe this is why BO and his tyrannical minions stopped Boeing from moving to the right-to-work state SC.

Back