Spreading-The-Wealth; "conservative"-Style

Mr. Shaman

I guess....somehow....it's "different" when "conservatives" give-away tax-dollars.

"Treasury Secretary Henry Paulson said Wednesday the government would broaden the reach of the $700 billion bailout plan to support non-bank financial institutions that provide consumer credit, such as credit cards and auto loans.

Paulson also said the government is no longer planning to buy troubled mortgage assets, the original goal of the plan. And officials are continuing to examine ways to help homeowners and slow the tide of foreclosures."
:rolleyes:

Werbung:
I guess....somehow....it's "different" when "conservatives" give-away tax-dollars.

Quote:
"Treasury Secretary Henry Paulson said Wednesday the government would broaden the reach of the $700 billion bailout plan to support non-bank financial institutions that provide consumer credit, such as credit cards and auto loans.

Paulson also said the government is no longer planning to buy troubled mortgage assets, the original goal of the plan. And officials are continuing to examine ways to help homeowners and slow the tide of foreclosures."

So what?? Your complaint with this is exactly what??

So what?? Your complaint with this is exactly what??
Isn't it obvious? BUSHCO's flippin'-and-floppin' on where our $700B is being spent.

As usual....they're restating their bu$ine$$-plan. :rolleyes:

Whew!! At least there's no SEX involved! Then, they'd REALLY be in-trouble!!!!

Isn't it obvious? BUSHCO's flippin'-and-floppin' on where our $700B is being spent.

As usual....they're restating their bu$ine$$-plan. :rolleyes:

Whew!! At least there's no SEX involved! Then, they'd REALLY be in-trouble!!!!

Maybe the House Democrats could have thought of that before writing a blank check with no oversight on how they money would be used.

Maybe the House Democrats could have thought of that before writing a blank check with no oversight on how they money would be used.
Yeah.....that's what it was....the Dems sneaked it past the Repubs. :rolleyes:

So, what's that say about the borrow-and-spend Repubs? Lemme guess....the Repubs figured China would pick-up this tab, as well?

Yeah.....that's what it was....the Dems sneaked it past the Repubs. :rolleyes:

So, what's that say about the borrow-and-spend Repubs? Lemme guess....the Repubs figured China would pick-up this tab, as well?

No one "sneaked" (nice verb usage by the way) anything by anyone. In case you did miss it it was House Republicans that led the charge against the first bailout bill. A big reason was a complete lack of oversight.

Now I agree that Republicans have spent a ton of money as of late, but at least we made an attempt to get some form of oversight, which in hindsight seems like a pretty good idea right about now.

No one "sneaked" (nice verb usage by the way) anything by anyone. In case you did miss it it was House Republicans that led the charge against the first bailout bill. A big reason was a complete lack of oversight.
Yeah......all-of-a-sudden, Republicans are worried about oversight....AFTER our Treasury's been RAPED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :mad:

So are you denying that House Republicans did exactly what I just said they did?
Yeah....sure......they've all-of-a-sudden lost-their-appetite for interest-payments to China, and decided to get "fiscally-conservative"...seeing-as-how someone else is gonna be responsible for their excess!!!

"It's a mess," said Eric M. Thorson, the Treasury Department's inspector general, who has been working to oversee the bailout program until the newly created position of special inspector general is filled. "I don't think anyone understands right now how we're going to do proper oversight of this thing." <A little practice, in-the-past, might have made a difference.>

"In approving the rescue package, lawmakers trumpeted provisions in the legislation that established layers of independent scrutiny, including a special inspector general to be nominated by the White House and a congressional oversight panel to be named by lawmakers themselves.

Some lawmakers and their aides fear that political squabbling on Capitol Hill and bureaucratic logjams could delay their work for months. Meanwhile, the Congressional Budget Office, which also has some oversight responsibilities, is worried about the difficulty of hiring people who can understand the intensely complicated financial work involved."

I guess it's a little late for Lil' Dumbya to remind everyone he's got an MBA. :rolleyes:

Yeah....sure......they've all-of-a-sudden lost-their-appetite for interest-payments to China, and decided to get "fiscally-conservative"...seeing-as-how someone else is gonna be responsible for their excess!!!

I take it by this you would rather no one get "fiscally conservative" and we just spend into oblivion? That seems to be what you are advocating.

I take it by this you would rather no one get "fiscally conservative" and we just spend into oblivion? That seems to be what you are advocating.
What I'm suggesting is.....too-often (it seems), "conservatives" get all fiscally-conservative around the time their pockets are packed....and, they wanna make damned-sure no one else gets what's left-over! I guess it's one o' those Divine Rights to which they're entitled.

Trickle-down is supposed to cover everyone-else.

What I'm suggesting is.....too-often (it seems), "conservatives" get all fiscally-conservative around the time their pockets are packed....and, they wanna make damned-sure no one else gets what's left-over! I guess it's one o' those Divine Rights to which they're entitled.

Trickle-down is supposed to cover everyone-else.

This only makes sense if you completely blow off a large element of the Republican party and only focus on the President.

Werbung:
Back