Store owner closes his door on Vice President Biden

Little-Acorn

They blew it.

They should have let Biden in, gotten all the hoopla going, started a great photo-op. And then when the cameras were all rolling, unveiled a big sign saying "Yes, Mr. President, I did build that. Nobody else made it happen."

Of course, if they had, the campaign would have simply tossed the videotape in the trash when they got back to Washington, and gone on to someplace more cooperative. So maybe this guy did handle it right after all.

I wonder how many videotapes the Obama/Biden campaign has already thrown out?

---------------------------------------------

http://nation.foxnews.com/obama-vs-...-build-small-biz-owner-shuts-store-door-biden

Furious Over ‘You Didn’t Build That,’ Small Biz Owner Shuts Store Door on Biden

By Orlando Salinas
WDBJ7 New River Valley Reporter

Would you say no to the Vice President?

One New River Valley business owner turned Vice President Joe Biden down.

This might happen more than you think from both political parties, most businesses just don't talk about it. The owner of "Crumb and Get It" - did.

Chris McMurray's bakery has been open only since May, barely three months. Wednesday morning, advance teams for Vice President Joe Biden walked in. "I approached her she said Joe Biden is coming to town today," McMurray said. "Crumb and Get It" is a mom and pop store. Literally. Chris and his wife Kelly run the place and need all the business they can get.

McMurray said the Vice President's entourage got to the point and made its pitch. "She said they have selected 'Crumb and Get It" to be his stop on his way to Blacksburg and was wondering if that was ok."

Here's the part that might make other business owners crazy. "This is an opportunity of a lifetime but essentially I said 'No offense to you or the campaign but I just decline you guys coming in here. At that time she said 'Are you sure? There's going to be a lot of press, a lot of activity,’" McMurray said.

Why in the world would a new business owner say "no" to a photo op with the Vice President of the United States?

McMurray said it was President Obama's recent remarks about small business and who built what. "Very simply, ‘you didn't build that’” McMurray said. “Speaking of small businesses and entrepreneurs all across this country and actually last night my wife was up all night. No sleep, she's worked a full 24 hours."

Werbung:
Werbung:
good for him being a man of principle

The left would say he's a racist and greedy. Another point was when Obama went to the Iowa State Fair, the secret service came in and shut down several vendors. One guy says he lost $25,000 in sales on his beer tent. Senator Grassley is demanding that Obama's campaign pay the vendors back for their losses, as this was a forced political campaign donation.

Back