Students don't take school seriously...

I cannot possibly imagine either. How could I have gotten the idea that you were not one of those well behaved, respectful, wonderful kids that it is a pleasure to have in class. I must have pulled it out of my a$$.

I am respectful to teachers and, even though I do misbehave, they consider me absolutely charming. I do every peice of homework I get and have only recieved the hatred of one teacher and the security gaurd. If you consider anyone who asks about wether the system they live under works a hoodlum, then nearly everyone on this site is a hoodlum.

Werbung:
I am respectful to teachers and, even though I do misbehave, they consider me absolutely charming. I do every peice of homework I get and have only recieved the hatred of one teacher and the security gaurd.
Most students who are respectful do not "misbehave", or receive the hatred (such a severe word), of even one teacher or security guard. Also, one wonders how many of your teachers would say they consider you "absolutely charming", if they had the opportunity.

If you consider anyone who asks about wether the system they live under works a hoodlum, then nearly everyone on this site is a hoodlum.
What does, "works a hoodlum", mean?

Most students who are respectful do not "misbehave", or receive the hatred (such a severe word), of even one teacher or security guard. Also, one wonders how many of your teachers would say they consider you "absolutely charming", if they had the opportunity.
Go ask. And the hateful teacher hates me because I said that I did not finish a assignment when he asked me were it was 2 years ago. I said that it didnt exist, so it wasnt anywere. He just started screaming at me and now we argue whenever we see each other.

As for the security guard, he is a hateful fundementalist who thinks I am an "unbaptized limb of satan".

What does, "works a hoodlum", mean?
I obviously said "anyone who questions wether society works". Either your mind is starting to go or you have to make things up because you cannot even argue with a 13 year old...

Go ask. And the hateful teacher hates me because I said that I did not finish a assignment when he asked me were it was 2 years ago. I said that it didnt exist, so it wasnt anywere. He just started screaming at me and now we argue whenever we see each other.
Yes, you are definitely "charming".
As for the security guard, he is a hateful fundementalist who thinks I am an "unbaptized limb of satan".
Did you mean: "...unbaptized lamb of Satan..."?

I obviously said "anyone who questions wether society works". Either your mind is starting to go or you have to make things up because you cannot even argue with a 13 year old...
There is no difference between arguing with a 3 year old than there is arguing with a 13 year old.

Did you mean: "anyone who questions whether society works, is considered a hoodlum"? Your lack of writing skills results in posts that are barely decipherable, let alone "obvious".

What are you doing on an adult forum. Would you not be more comfortable on "facebook", or some other site that caters to children? What makes you think that you have anything to say that adults would want to hear?

Ofcourse I can, I should of done so in my last post but I was making it brief as I had to leave the house.

As far as categorizing children in the Universal education system into a Job area, this is slowly built up and the generalization first seen in the early years of the education system slowly begins to narrow down to a specific area of expertise that the child has decided to put their interest into which in turn leads to a Job in that area, work ethic is a strong influence in schools and i'm sure you realise that.

If I were to remove anything from the cirriculum it would be the worth ethic however please don't misunderstand me, I would not remove this because of the current world we live in, the way we live is exactly why the education system is failing, because of the fact that the economy and money makes the world go round the education system HAS to cater to this, it has no choice on the matter. This leads me to the economy, for a long time I have believed that the likes of a Resource Based Economy would be a much more efficient economy than the likes of the Monetary System governing it, there is many more ways to form a solution to take work ethic out of schools but that's what I believe to be the solution.

There is much more I don't agree with when it comes to the Universal Education System so if you'd like me to give you a few more reasons, just ask ;p

As far as categorizing children in the Universal education system into a Job area, this is slowly built up and the generalization first seen in the early years of the education system slowly begins to narrow down to a specific area of expertise that the child has decided to put their interest into which in turn leads to a Job in that area, work ethic is a strong influence in schools and i'm sure you realise that.
In some European education systems, from what I have been told by Europeans and exchange students, students are channeled into specific areas of employment. However, in the school in which I taught, there was no such selecting an area of specialization that was initiated by the school system. Some choose to take industrial arts classes, some take college prep classes. It was however, their own choice.

Can you give a specific example of how the American system (or the school system you are familiar with), where the system narrows the students choices down to a specific area?

If I were to remove anything from the curriculum it would be the worth ethic however please don't misunderstand me, I would not remove this because of the current world we live in, the way we live is exactly why the education system is failing, because of the fact that the economy and money makes the world go round the education system HAS to cater to this, it has no choice on the matter. This leads me to the economy, for a long time I have believed that the likes of a Resource Based Economy would be a much more efficient economy than the likes of the Monetary System governing it, there is many more ways to form a solution to take work ethic out of schools but that's what I believe to be the solution.
Is there a class called: "work ethic"? Or, is that just a general concept that teachers stress as important in getting, holding, and being successful in employment? Are you suggesting that American schools are purposely producing workers for businesses at the detriment of the student?

Please be more specific. What classes are geared to producing workers, if that is what you mean.

It is true that the children in European Education Systems are channeled into a specific job area far more often than seen in the states, all i'm trying to say is that the Goal of any education system lies with the student recieving a Job which I don't believe is the correct priority for an education system to have.
An example where the system I am familiar with begins to channel you into different job areas is GCSE's here in the UK however in the states I am aware that you don't really have an equivalent of this but what i'm trying to emphasize here is the underlining goal of the education system.

As far as work ethic, no it's not a class I am aware off what I'm trying to get across is that it's instilled into the majority of subjects available in the education system, I do believe to a certain extent that the UNIVERSAL's education system not just the American Education System's main goal is to successfully prepare students for the economic world.
The education system pre-university dosen't get too specific when it comes to blatently obvious classes for employment but what i'm trying to stress is that a lot of subjects provided by the education system has an incredible amount of work ethic involved. This is most certainly the case in the school I attended and the case for many others I have spoken too including teachers.

Yes, you are definitely "charming".
It is plain that I did not invoke this conflict. It is almost entirely the teacher's fault.

Did you mean: "...unbaptized lamb of Satan..."?
No, I dont.

There is no difference between arguing with a 3 year old than there is arguing with a 13 year old.
Well, 3 year olds are illiterate, and are unable to speak properly, and cannot understand anything about politics or anything that actually matters. Most of us just do not choose to understand these things.

Did you mean: "anyone who questions whether society works, is considered a hoodlum"? Your lack of writing skills results in posts that are barely decipherable, let alone "obvious".
Not having an "h" in a word like that does not create any need to decipher anything. You seem to understand everything else I am saying. And are you the same guy that keeps saying that yelling about spelling mistakes is a terrible way to argue?

What are you doing on an adult forum. Would you not be more comfortable on "facebook", or some other site that caters to children? What makes you think that you have anything to say that adults would want to hear?
Am I pointing out an obvious grammer mistake on your first sentence[look there is]? Yes, but I am not using it in my argument. I think facebook, myspace, and twitter are deseases. I only go on hotmail and political forums. What makes me think that an adult would want to hear what I have to say? They normally do, until they figure out my age. And that is because they are bigots.

It is plain that I did not invoke this conflict. It is almost entirely the teacher's fault.
No, you were responding like a wisea$$.

Well, 3 year olds are illiterate, and are unable to speak properly, and cannot understand anything about politics or anything that actually matters. Most of us just do not choose to understand these things.
You also are illiterate, and unable to speak (write) properly, cannot understand anything about politics or anything that actually matters. You are too young to have the experience, and to have the knowledge base (which takes many years), to contribute to a political forum for adults except as an observer (not contributor except to ask questions). No thirteen year-old is.

...Most of us just do not choose to understand these things...
But, here you are, on a political forum.
Not having an "h" in a word like that does not create any need to decipher anything. You seem to understand everything else I am saying.
Your writing is full of errors and uses words that indicate a poverty of vocabulary, making it difficult to decipher as to intended meaning.

And are you the same guy that keeps saying that yelling about spelling mistakes is a terrible way to argue?
No junior, that was someone else.

Am I pointing out an obvious grammer mistake on [Sic, in ]your first sentence[look there is]? Yes, but I am not using it in my argument.
I could not find that error to which you refer. Nevertheless, an error by itself is not indicative of lack of education or intelligence. However, continuous errors with no desire to learn and correct them is the mark of a dullard.

I think facebook, myspace, and twitter are deseases. I only go on hotmail and political forums. What makes me think that an adult would want to hear what I have to say? They normally do, until they figure out my age. And that is because they are bigots.
Yes, we (adults) have had extensive exposure to ill-mannered, undisciplined, over-indulged children who cannot perceive or understand the difference between an adult and a child. Go tell mommy the man is being mean to you.

It is true that the children in European Education Systems are channeled into a specific job area far more often than seen in the states, all i'm trying to say is that the Goal of any education system lies with the student recieving a Job which I don't believe is the correct priority for an education system to have.
The goal should be to cover all possible outcomes. Employment for those inclined be it industrial labor or business, college prep, entrepreneurship. Industrial arts classes relate to jobs in manufacturing. Computer classes, business classes relate to jobs in business. Advanced English (communication), science, math relate to those about to enter college. Business classes et.al. relate to those wishing to eventually start a business. There are classes in the arts, opportunities for experience in the theater, that can acquaint the student with careers in the arts. Many other classes, seek to make the student prepared for the process of living.
This is the American system in general. It seems to cover all the post-high school possibilities. The classes a student takes, other than those required by the system, are the choices of the student and/or his parents. Is there something that I have missed?

An example where the system I am familiar with begins to channel you into different job areas is GCSE's here in the UK however in the states I am aware that you don't really have an equivalent of this but what i'm trying to emphasize here is the underlining goal of the education system.
I had not realized that you were referring to the UK before reading your current post. What is: "GCSE's"?

As far as work ethic, no it's not a class I am aware off what I'm trying to get across is that it's instilled into the majority of subjects available in the education system, I do believe to a certain extent that the UNIVERSAL's education system not just the American Education System's main goal is to successfully prepare students for the economic world.
In the most part it seems to be the goal. However, the student must have the means for making a living for his benefit. The school system would fail if it graduated people who did not have the requisite skills to be employable (read, write, math).

The education system pre-university dosen't get too specific when it comes to blatently obvious classes for employment but what i'm trying to stress is that a lot of subjects provided by the education system has an incredible amount of work ethic involved. This is most certainly the case in the school I attended and the case for many others I have spoken too including teachers.
Yes, here in the U.S. it is stressed by the teachers also because potential employers state that is the most desirable characteristic looked for in a candidate for employment. There seems to be no market for persons who are not willing to work in an enthusiastic manner. Should schools convey the idea to the students that lack-luster performance is going to be acceptable to their potential employers?

No, you were responding like a wisea$$.
No I wasnt! The homework didnt exist, so how could it be anywere? I tried saying I didnt have it, but he just started screaming "WERE IS IT!??". What else did you expect me to do, take out a blank peice of paper? That would be even more wisea$$

You also are illiterate, and unable to speak (write) properly, cannot understand anything about politics or anything that actually matters. You are too young to have the experience, and to have the knowledge base (which takes many years), to contribute to a political forum for adults except as an observer (not contributor except to ask questions). No thirteen year-old is.
If I am illiterate, how am I writing responses to your posts that require me to read them? Except for two mistakes, I have been writing properly the whole time. A knowledge base just means remembering what you have read or heard. If it took you this many years to have enough knowledge to post on a political forum, then there is something incredibly wrong with you. You are no better than the user "always".[/QUOTE]

But, here you are, on a political forum.
Your writing is full of errors and uses words that indicate a poverty of vocabulary, making it difficult to decipher as to intended meaning.
At least im not a pseudo-intellectual like you.
No junior, that was someone else.
Oh, sorry old mother dahermit.

I could not find that error to which you refer. Nevertheless, an error by itself is not indicative of lack of education or intelligence. However, continuous errors with no desire to learn and correct them is the mark of a dullard.
There was supposed to be a question mark at the first sentence of the post of yours that I quoted.

Yes, we (adults) have had extensive exposure to ill-mannered, undisciplined, over-indulged children who cannot perceive or understand the difference between an adult and a child. Go tell mommy the man is being mean to you.
Yes, going to jail for pushing someone is undisciplined. Manners do not realy exist and are made up by people because thier mind got bored. They are a block to human progress.

Yes, going to jail for pushing someone is undisciplined. Manners do not realy exist and are made up by people because thier mind got bored. They are a block to human progress.

Pushing someone is undisciplined. Going to jail for doing so is punishment for assault.

Manners are the rules of polite society, so yes, they really do exist. Of course, everyone has the choice of opting out of polite society, but that choice comes with the consequence of being treated impolitely in return. No one made up manners "because their mind got bored," nor are manners a block to human progress. They are a means by which we avoid getting frustrated to the point of wanting to push someone.

For a thirteen year old, you actually write fairly well, much better than a lot of your peers. Stay in school, pay particular attention in English class, and you will one day be able to hold your own in an adult discussion. You are well on the way to being able to do so now.

Of course, you had the good fortune of being born into a society that makes education available to everyone. Had you been born in Somalia or Sierra Leone, you could be illiterate for real. You could also be sweating in the fields or in a child labor factory.

You and I are lucky to have been born in one of the fat lands of the world. I'm very thankful for that, and hope you are too.

Now quite p**** and moaning, and get that homework done! (just kidding)

There is a disconnect here, you see, if students saw adults that they knew personally who benefited from an education, then students would know that becoming educated has value. Part of the problem here is that all too many people in the public school system are incompetent and incapable of teaching, they are stretched to their limit just keeping order in a classroom.

From my own experience with the public school system, I very much agree with the bit about far too much PC and not enough room for dissent.

The "history" that is in the curriculum is a JOKE, they really don't teach HISTORY they dispense propaganda.

Where are the real TEACHERS? the ones that will incite independent thought?

A! I'm the character that was thrown out of Chemistry for being a FREE RADICAL!

what?

Pushing someone is undisciplined. Going to jail for doing so is punishment for assault.
Sure it is, but jail? Oooh, the poor, defensive child got pushed. Oooh, it would be SO unhypocritical of us to put the evil monster who did this in a bare cell and twist his arms in a painful position and lock them there with sharp metal and then fine thier parents and send him to therapy for a few years.

What a joke!

Manners are the rules of polite society, so yes, they really do exist. Of course, everyone has the choice of opting out of polite society, but that choice comes with the consequence of being treated impolitely in return. No one made up manners "because their mind got bored," nor are manners a block to human progress. They are a means by which we avoid getting frustrated to the point of wanting to push someone.
As if pushing someone is the terrible thing you make it out to be...
Just because Oprah says something does not make it true.

For a thirteen year old, you actually write fairly well, much better than a lot of your peers. Stay in school, pay particular attention in English class, and you will one day be able to hold your own in an adult discussion. You are well on the way to being able to do so now.
Why thank you, kind sir.

Of course, you had the good fortune of being born into a society that makes education available to everyone. Had you been born in Somalia or Sierra Leone, you could be illiterate for real. You could also be sweating in the fields or in a child labor factory.
Education should be mixed with some sort of productive job, but not outright hard labor.

You and I are lucky to have been born in one of the fat lands of the world. I'm very thankful for that, and hope you are too.
If I would have to go to Africa right now, I would die instantly.

Now quite p**** and moaning, and get that homework done! (just kidding)
Yes [hmmf] sir.:mad:

Werbung:
The goal should be to cover all possible outcomes. Employment for those inclined be it industrial labor or business, college prep, entrepreneurship. Industrial arts classes relate to jobs in manufacturing. Computer classes, business classes relate to jobs in business. Advanced English (communication), science, math relate to those about to enter college. Business classes et.al. relate to those wishing to eventually start a business. There are classes in the arts, opportunities for experience in the theater, that can acquaint the student with careers in the arts. Many other classes, seek to make the student prepared for the process of living.
This is the American system in general. It seems to cover all the post-high school possibilities. The classes a student takes, other than those required by the system, are the choices of the student and/or his parents. Is there something that I have missed?

I had not realized that you were referring to the UK before reading your current post. What is: "GCSE's"?

In the most part it seems to be the goal. However, the student must have the means for making a living for his benefit. The school system would fail if it graduated people who did not have the requisite skills to be employable (read, write, math).

Yes, here in the U.S. it is stressed by the teachers also because potential employers state that is the most desirable characteristic looked for in a candidate for employment. There seems to be no market for persons who are not willing to work in an enthusiastic manner. Should schools convey the idea to the students that lack-luster performance is going to be acceptable to their potential employers?

Dahermit after reading your reply I have realised you've slightly mis-understood what I meant, when I was suggesting that the Education Systems priority shouldn't be to prepare children for the economic world I meant this in a more hypothetical way. I think I stated in an earlier post this priority along with work ethic would not be removed from schools till our Economy and possibly the Monetary System change, I have been fair in my posts to schools for most of my posts as I believe they are victims to the economy and lack of government funding. As far as the Universal Education System "Failing" I meant that it's quite literally failing to educate the majority of it's pupils regardless of work ethic involved and I believe there is several underlining issues with the Universal Education System that has lead to this, lack of funding, one teaching method and teacher to a large class and so on, the list truely goes on. USA I believe is currently #10 on a list of Countries with the best Education System, I believe the main reason they're not higher is because your government for some strange reason really dosen't fund your Education System even close to enough.

Oh, almost forgot... GCSE's is exactly the definition of narrowing down your choices to more specific areas, you pick a certain number of classes to take, usually eight or nine such as Business Studies & an appropriately named "Learning for Life and Work" was also a class available to choose.

Back