Study: Evolution less accepted in US than other western countries

Popeye

Evolution less accepted in US than other western countries

More evidence of how the backwoods superstitious thinking of the religious fundies is dragging us down. Notice which countries we reside with on the bottom...and notice what counties are at the top of the chart.

This chart depicts the public acceptance of evolution theory in 34 countries in 2005. Adults were asked to respond to the statement: "Human beings, as we know them, developed from earlier species of animals." The percentage of respondents who believed this to be true is marked in blue; those who believed it to be false, in red; and those who were not sure, in yellow.

A study of several such surveys taken since 1985 has found that the United States ranks next to last in acceptance of evolution theory among nations polled. Researchers point out that the number of Americans who are uncertain about the theory's validity has increased over the past 20 years.

060810-evolution_big.jpg

http://news.nationalgeographic.com/news/bigphotos/21329204.html

Werbung:
Got that right....maybe now that we have a president who isn't trying to appease the lesser educated, we'll get a whole lot more science in our schools and compete for international jobs in 20 years.

Re: Evolution less accepted in US than other western countries

More evidence of how the backwoods superstitious thinking of the religious fundies is dragging us down. Notice which countries we reside with on the bottom...and notice what counties are at the top of the chart.

Aside from wasting forum space with things that are very obvious and largely irrelevant, what was the point of your post?

If anything, the fact we are the most prosperous nation on earth, and the least accepting of evolution, seems to indicate being religious hasn't exactly held us down.

Got that right....maybe now that we have a president who isn't trying to appease the lesser educated, we'll get a whole lot more science in our schools and compete for international jobs in 20 years.

Who isn't trying to appease the lesser educated?

These people that Obama is trying to appease, are more educated?

Evidence doesn't support your theory. In fact, most of the evidence suggests that Obama was elected by the lesser educated among us.

Aside from wasting forum space with things that are very obvious and largely irrelevant, what was the point of your post?

If anything, the fact we are the most prosperous nation on earth, and the least accepting of evolution, seems to indicate being religious hasn't exactly held us down.

We are so far into debt if China called in its mark, we'd fail.

Our jobs have gone overseas.

Our standard of living is WWWAAAAYY down compared to other western nations.

Puhleeeze...Bush pushed us so far down the ratings of other nations, we can't even call ourselves prosperous.

Who isn't trying to appease the lesser educated?

These people that Obama is trying to appease, are more educated?

Evidence doesn't support your theory. In fact, most of the evidence suggests that Obama was elected by the lesser educated among us.

ROFLMAO!!! Funny, when Bush was in office, you all called us democrats the "intellectual elite" on accounta we were per capita more educated than you...and still are.

We are so far into debt if China called in its mark, we'd fail.

And Obama's solution is to double our debt? How does this help the problem?

Our jobs have gone overseas.

Name the country to which our jobs are going that IS NOT facing a recession just like us? Further, did it ever occur to you that maybe it's our taxes and intrusive government, that makes the companies leave? Last time I found research on jobs that left the US, in nearly every case, the companies moved overseas because they faced going out of business if they didn't.

Our standard of living is WWWAAAAYY down compared to other western nations.

Really? Prove this.

Puhleeeze...Bush pushed us so far down the ratings of other nations, we can't even call ourselves prosperous.

lol. We have welfare people that complain because they can't afford cable on their publicly funded income, and you think we can't call ourselves prosperous.

I met a guy that came here from Romania, and got a job at Wendy's. His wife didn't work, and they lived in a one bed-room apartment. His children both rode second-hand bicycles to school, and he walked to work because he didn't even have a car. He told me, things were better for him here, than he ever had in Romania.

Yet you think we can't even call ourselves prosperous? Tell me, do you have a family of 4 in a one bedroom apartment? Do you walk to work, and flip burgers for 40 hours a week at Wendy's? Do your children ride second-hand bikes to school?

We are so prosperous, that we've lost sight of how prosperous we are. Maybe we need a really good great depression to take away the prosperity we have, so maybe you'll figure out how good you have it. It's pretty sad that people have to lose everything before they realize all they had.

We used to be on the cutting edge of scientific research and achievement... That's no longer true, thanks in large part to the fundies and the party that does their bidding... the GOP.

Years from now, those that deny the existence of evolution will be laughed at...just as we now laugh at those that opposed Copernicus or Galileo.

It's a basic fact, religious fundamentalism has always been the enemy of science..you would think everyone would have learned that by now.

We used to be on the cutting edge of scientific research and achievement... That's no longer true, thanks in large part to the fundies and the party that does their bidding... the GOP.

I would challenge you to actually prove any of that statement.

Years from now, those that deny the existence of evolution will be laughed at...just as we now laugh at those that opposed Copernicus or Galileo.

Actually the biggest challenges to evolution are coming from the non-religious.

It's a basic fact, religious fundamentalism has always been the enemy of science..you would think everyone would have learned that by now.

Really... explain why most of the schools of higher learning, originally were started by religious people?

ROFLMAO!!! Funny, when Bush was in office, you all called us democrats the "intellectual elite" on accounta we were per capita more educated than you...and still are.

Well, first off, I can promise you I have never, and likely will never, call a leftist an "intellectual" anything. Most leftist have nothing intellectual about them at all. Now "elitist" is different. Most leftist are very much 'elitist' who think more highly of themselves than they really are.

Honestly, any party where the president can commit felonies, and then have a grand jury testimony that includes "it depends on what your definition of 'is' is", and yet have the entire party of democrats defend him... you simply can't be considered "intellectual" after that. Liberal Idiot comes to mind, but not "intellectual".

I'd be willing to make a deal.​

Seeing as how fundies (seem to) enjoy their whole martyrdom-trip (i.e. "pursuit of happiness", without punishment, must be immoral)....I'd be willing to pay a couple-more pennies (in local sales-taxes) to provide the fundies a public venue, in which they could commit self-flagellation....if they'd leave the rest-of-us alone.

Werbung:
I'd be willing to make a deal.​

Seeing as how fundies (seem to) enjoy their whole martyrdom-trip (i.e. "pursuit of happiness", without punishment, must be immoral)....I'd be willing to pay a couple-more pennies (in local sales-taxes) to provide the fundies a public venue, in which they could commit self-flagellation....if they'd leave the rest-of-us alone.

Oh do tell how you have been so wrongly persecuted. What horrible injustices have been brought against you?

Where you locked up in prison, like Chinese believers? Were you sent to labor camps, like believers in the Soviet Union? Perhaps you were stoned by your own family, like middle east believers?

Do tell Shaman. What horrible trials do you face at the hands of the cruel "fundies"?

I'm pretty-certain the lesser-educated didn't vote for Obama.​

I refer back to the two videos. If you need more videos of supposed 'intellectual obama supporters' I know of another two showing the complete ignorance of the leftists.

Back