Supreme court rules Obama admin broke the law & violated the constitution. Grounds for impeachment?

steveox

Supreme Court Unanimously Finds President Obama Violated Constitution In Use Of Recess Appointments

The Supreme Court has ruled inNoel Canning v. NLRB, No. 12-1115, and found that President Obama had indeed violated the constitution in his recess appointment. The decision was unanimous. I will be discussing this and the abortion case ruling at 1pm with Wolf Blitzer on CNN.

The unanimous decision was academically gratifying because I was the lead witness in the Judiciary Committee hearing on the appointments. Roughly two years ago, Itestified in Congress that the recess appointments of President Barack Obama were unconstitutional. Those four appointments by President Obama included Richard Cordray, who had been denied confirmation to a consumer protection board in a Republican filibuster. While I liked Cordray, I testified that the appointments were in my opinion clearly unconstitutional. As someone who previously testified andwritten that the appointments were flagrantly unconstitutional, I received a great deal of push back. I was highly critical of the work of the Office of Legal Counsel in my testimony and my writings, which advised Obama that he had this authority. See Jonathan Turley, Recess Appointments in the Age of Regulation, 93 Boston University Law Review (2013) and Jonathan Turley, Constitutional Adverse Possession: Recess Appointments and the Role of Historical Practice in Constitutional Interpretation, 2103 Wisconsin Law Review (2013).It was a disappointing piece of work by an office that used to be independent and highly respected for its analysis.

http://jonathanturley.org/2014/06/2...d-constitution-in-use-of-recess-appointments/

You said it Texas Tea! You said Nixon broke the Law why he was voted to impeach by the democrats. Its a double standard don't give me that boloney crap it isn't. Obama broke the law and violated the constitution 12 times over than Richard Nixon did.

Werbung:
OK then Impeach every Republican who has passed a law about Abortion that got overturned...

making a move that in the SC has to be one the rule on, due to the unclear nature of the law, is reason enough to not cry about impeaching...You want the measure of Impeachment to be if 5 of 9 SC judges don't agree with a law you get impeached? really? SO when was Bush Impeached I must have missed it.

This is just one of many impeachable offenses from Obama. So many in fact I am sure I have lost count by this point.

But, one thing is for sure. The Marxist supporters from both the left and right side of the isle will not ever vote to impeach.

Just wait til after november. When the Republican freshmen get sworn in then the first order of business is to organize a commitiee impeach the president. the votes will come in by june and Joe Biden will become 45th president by mid july.

Just wait til after november. When the Republican freshmen get sworn in then the first order of business is to organize a commitiee impeach the president. the votes will come in by june and Joe Biden will become 45th president by mid july.
I might have to have a couple of hits of whatever you're smoking there steve to believe that.

You are assuming that the Republicans will maintain the House. You are assuming that the Republicans will win the Senate and you are assuming that not only will the Republicans win the Senate but, there will be a majority of "conservative" Republicans in the Senate to vote for impeachment.

That is a lot of assuming!

Your "assumption" that the US Constitution will prevail and protect us from this tyranny is a mirage at this point my friend.

OK then Impeach every Republican who has passed a law about Abortion that got overturned...

making a move that in the SC has to be one the rule on, due to the unclear nature of the law, is reason enough to not cry about impeaching...You want the measure of Impeachment to be if 5 of 9 SC judges don't agree with a law you get impeached? really? SO when was Bush Impeached I must have missed it.
Only the Senate can state when the Senate is in recess. Not the king ..... er, I mean Obama.

It could not be any more "clear"! That is why all 9 SJ's voted unanimously against this one of many illegal acts from this regime.

Only the Senate can state when the Senate is in recess. Not the king ..... er, I mean Obama.

It could not be any more "clear"! That is why all 9 SJ's voted unanimously against this one of many illegal acts from this regime.

It was not in sesion, they ruled that the break was not long enough and agreed that it had to be 10 days or longer...something that was not written anyplace...

It was not in sesion, they ruled that the break was not long enough and agreed that it had to be 10 days or longer...something that was not written anyplace...
Who is they?

It is irrelevant. Only the Senate can state when Senate is in recess. Are you really going to argue against an unanimous decision by the SCOTUS?

How many cases can you name that were unanimous?

Bless your uninformed whacko liberal heart .....

Another day ... another lie.

The Senate WAS in session ... it had not recessed. In fact, they were holding session every three days.

Obama tried to change the rules, got caught, and got his hand slapped ... live with it.

Oh? You want proof that you were wrong? No problem ....

The Supreme Court delivered a blow Thursday to President Obama, ruling that he went too far in making recess appointments to the National Labor Relations Board.

In a unanimous decision, the high court sided with Senate Republicans and limited the president's power to fill high-level vacancies with temporary appointments. It was the first-ever Supreme Court test involving the long-standing practice of presidents naming appointees when the Senate is on break.

In this case, Obama had argued that the Senate was on an extended holiday break when he filled slots at the NLRB in 2012. He argued the brief sessions it held every three days were a sham that was intended to prevent him from filling the seats.

The justices rejected that argument, though, declaring the Senate was not actually in a formal recess when Obama acted during that three-day window.

Justice Stephen Breyer said in his majority opinion that a congressional break has to last at least 10 days to be considered a recess under the Constitution.

"Three days is too short a time to bring a recess within the scope of the Clause. Thus we conclude that the President lacked the power to make the recess appointments here at issue," Breyer wrote.

Oh ---- by the way ----

0-13

The nine members of the Supreme Court have now unanimously smacked down the position taken by the administration of President Barack Obama over a dozen times since January 2012.

The number of total and humiliating defeats rose to 13 this particularly unlucky week after three cases went against the executive branch by a tally of 9-0, notes John Fund, writing at National Review.

Read more: http://dailycaller.com/2014/06/27/s...n-9-0-for-13th-time-since-2012/#ixzz365Qg9700

Gotta give him credit for trying ... even if he doesn't know what he's doing.

Oh ---- by the way ----
0-13

The nine members of the Supreme Court have now unanimously smacked down the position taken by the administration of President Barack Obama over a dozen times since January 2012.

The number of total and humiliating defeats rose to 13 this particularly unlucky week after three cases went against the executive branch by a tally of 9-0, notes John Fund, writing at National Review.

Read more: http://dailycaller.com/2014/06/27/s...n-9-0-for-13th-time-since-2012/#ixzz365Qg9700

0-13? Thats worse than the 1976 Tampa Bay Bucs did

Werbung:
Vladimir Lenin described these idiots as useful idiots . And, accordingly so ......

Nothing POS post is relevant! He is an American hating POS that is simply trolling this site and his demise will be the same as the useful idiots that supported Hitler and Stalin back in the day .....

F*ck him and his sick ideology .... he will get what is coming to him!

Back