Supreme Court sides with Democrats in Ohio

Popeye

This is a big blow to GOP voter suppression efforts in Ohio. Obviously it's great news for Democrats. We remember Ken Blackwell in 2004..could this be a little karma?

The justices on Friday overruled a federal appeals court that had ordered Ohio's top elections official to do more to help counties verify voter eligibility.

Secretary of State Jennifer Brunner, a Democrat, faced a deadline of Friday to set up a system to provide local officials with names of newly registered voters whose driver's license numbers or Social Security numbers on voter registration forms don't match records in other government databases.

http://tpmmuckraker.talkingpointsmemo.com/2008/10/supreme_court_sides_with_dems.php

Werbung:
"Voter suppression efforts"?? :D Is lying in your genetic code? The issue is 200,000 "voter registrations" with discrepant social security numbers and driver's licenses, in a state worked over real good by the ACORN, the peerless voter fraud organization. The USSC didn't "side with democrats" - they didn't rule on the merits of the case, but only that the GOP had no standing in it.

"Voter suppression efforts"?? :D Is lying in your genetic code? The issue is 200,000 "voter registrations" with discrepant social security numbers and driver's licenses, in a state worked over real good by the ACORN, the peerless voter fraud organization. The USSC didn't "side with democrats" - they didn't rule on the merits of the case, but only that the GOP had no standing in it.

The ruling is good enough for me, what it does is bring to a halt the Ohio GOP's attempt to disenfranchise minorities and those of low income.

Saying they didn't "rule on the merits of the case" is just regurgitating Ohio Republican talking points. The real facts are that the justices overruled a federal appeals court and as Secretary of State Brunner so aptly put it.."We are very pleased that the court recognized that this was an illegal challenge on the part of the Republicans."

Don't worry Libs, your sorry party is full of voter suppression tricks...this won't end their efforts.

The ruling is good enough for me, what it does is bring to a halt the Ohio GOP's attempt to disenfranchise minorities and those of low income.

No actually, they want to disenfranchise "Mickey Mouse" and hundreds of "registrations" with the same person's handwriting on them.

Saying they didn't "rule on the merits of the case" is just regurgitating Ohio Republican talking points. The real facts are that the justices overruled a federal appeals court and as Secretary of State Brunner so aptly put it.."We are very pleased that the court recognized that this was an illegal challenge on the part of the Republicans."

Whaaaaaaaaa! :D No actually, it DOES mean they didn't rule on the merits of the case - the republicans should have simply gotten someone with standing to bring the case and support them. That could have been any LEGAL, REAL voter whose vote was effectively diluted by the efforts of leftwing organizations to commit massive voter fraud while the state democrat officials looked the other way.

There you go again with the Democrat talking points in support of VOTER FRAUD....

Please explain how low income people and minorities have trouble getting their names to match their social security number or Drivers license information on registration cards.

There you go again with the Democrat talking points in support of VOTER FRAUD....

Please explain how low income people and minorities have trouble getting their names to match their social security number or Drivers license information on registration cards.

Mickey Mouse, Bugs Bunny, and these others that have raised red flags are not going to be able to vote..they are dummy registrations, that's all. Perhaps you and Libs can explain to me how you think the mouse and the rabbit are going to be allowed to vote?

This is another in a long line of GOP voter suppression efforts aimed principally at minorities because they vote overwhelming Democrat..if they were reliably Republican you wouldn't have heard a peep from the Ohio GOP, you, Libs, or any other Republican which means you're all nothing but a bunch of hypocrites.

Don't worry Libs, your sorry party is full of voter suppression tricks...this won't end their efforts.

I was very glad to hear the Supreme Court sided with Brunner on this today. The fact is this was all a big strawman argument by the Republicans from the beginning (and everybody around here that actually knew the details knew it).

It was a Republican Legislature and out former Republican Governor & Secretary of State that had instituted the rules as they are. If everyone will recall the Democrats screamed "Voter Fraud" in the last 2 elections and the Republicans didn't think one single additional safeguard needed to be added or anything at all should be changed.

Now to the facts of the case:

This was not voter fraud in the first place. It was multiple or fictitious registration. That makes a huge difference because say in the case of the guy that registered 72 times... he registered all 72 times under the same correct name & address. The guy could register 1000 times and he could still only vote once.

Secondly the now famous "Mickey Mouse" type registrations were obviously not intended to create a situation where any real person was ever going to cast a vote.

This whole thing was about a very small few lazy registration gatherers that wanted to run up their own personal list of names turned in for one reason and one reason alone... it made them look good as they were being paid to get registrations.

This was not any attempt to get someone who shouldn't be voting to vote. I'll grant you it's stupid and had to be addressed... these canvassers have all been identified and fired.

The Republicans are loosing in like 5 or 6 usually Red states Ohio being just one. They are desperate to do anything to stop the tide against them & suppress the vote... but Ohio and the election continues as it should.

Gen do you think those votes that were already cast during that retarded regester and vote the same day 72 times if you want to week?

gop_squash.jpg

Mickey Mouse, Bugs Bunny, and these others that have raised red flags are not going to be able to vote..
You need to explain why removing such fictitious names from the rolls is "Vote Suppression".... If they are not going to vote, then why are you crying voter suppression when we ask for them to be removed?

If everyone will recall the Democrats screamed "Voter Fraud" in the last 2 elections and the Republicans didn't think one single additional safeguard needed to be added or anything at all should be changed.
I recall that very well... Democrats were trying to say that Republicans had rigged the election through the voting machines, not by having dead people and fake names register and vote.

Mickey Mouse, Bugs Bunny, and these others that have raised red flags are not going to be able to vote..they are dummy registrations, that's all. Perhaps you and Libs can explain to me how you think the mouse and the rabbit are going to be allowed to vote?

With the total indifference of the democrat Ohio secretary of state to hundreds of thousands of fraudulent registrations, what reason IS THERE to believe Mickey Mouse would have any problem voting?? :rolleyes:

This is another in a long line of GOP voter suppression efforts aimed principally at minorities because they vote overwhelming Democrat..if they were reliably Republican you wouldn't have heard a peep from the Ohio GOP, you, Libs, or any other Republican which means you're all nothing but a bunch of hypocrites.

You haven't proven anything about GOP efforts to suppress votes - as usual you're just running off at the mouth with defamations and no facts. Only an Obamabot could morph democrat voter fraud into republican "suppression".

This is a big blow to GOP voter suppression efforts in Ohio. Obviously it's great news for Democrats. We remember Ken Blackwell in 2004..could this be a little karma?

http://tpmmuckraker.talkingpointsmemo.com/2008/10/supreme_court_sides_with_dems.php

Don't get your hopes up too high, SCOTUS threw it out based on a lack of standing, NOT because your crooked Dems in Ohio won. Be prepared for another lawsuit, from someone WITH standing, at which point your Dem SecState in Ohio is going to end up being investigated up one side and down the other. She'll be lucky if she only gets forced out, and doesn't end up doing PRISON TIME over this.

Miss_Cleo.jpg

Be prepared for another lawsuit, from someone WITH standing, at which point your Dem SecState in Ohio is going to end up being investigated up one side and down the other. She'll be lucky if she only gets forced out, and doesn't end up doing PRISON TIME over this.

What.....you figure, if you make enough predictions....no doubt, due to your unique psychic-abilities....you're bound to get (at least) ONE right? :rolleyes:

Werbung:
GenSeneca;67821]You need to explain why removing such fictitious names from the rolls is "Vote Suppression".... If they are not going to vote, then why are you crying voter suppression when we ask for them to be removed?

I'm not saying that. But I am agreeing that it disenfranchises tens of thousands of legitimate votes and puts them in jeopardy of being pushed over to "provisional ballots" because you cannot go over all discrepancies in the time between now & the election.

Since the multiples submitted will have no bearing the election should move forward (as it now will). I think the thing that probably needs to be done is to strengthen the criminal penalties for street level registration workers so they don't let laziness override good judgment.

I recall that very well... Democrats were trying to say that Republicans had rigged the election through the voting machines, not by having dead people and fake names register and vote.

There was and still are questions about safeguards in certain electronic voting machines and the way those machine's information can be handled. Plus you even had paper ballot hanging chad issues. There have been problems and no election will come off without a hitch. But I'm hopeful this election will do better than the last couple.

Back