Survival-Of-The-Richest; An American-Tradition

Yeah....what they did to the price of fuel (in this country) did wonders for our economy, Skippy. :rolleyes:

Another plain stupid comment from Shaman. You do realize our economy was doing much better in the past 4 years with much higher prices, than it is now with much lower prices.... right Skippy?

Tell you what, if speculators are the main problem, then name the country in which high prices didn't effect? (psst: you can't)

Another dumb uninformed post by a liberal.

Werbung:
...Until they were identified as the folks who were responsible for the $4.00 price-at-the-pump. I guess they all-of-a-sudden got cold-feet, then. :rolleyes:

Oil speculation can account for both low and high prices, its a trade-off. I suppose you would rather fix the price at $1.00 a gallon and then wonder what was happening as refineries all went out of business.

Yeah...I'm sure those were their exact-words.....seeing Lil' Dumbya pulling-the-pin on War....right after giving them a tax-cut: "Interesting." :rolleyes:

This does not answer the question how 1% of people paying 50% of all taxes are not "paying their share."

It seems you are a bit short on actual answers. Go figure. :rolleyes:

The Title alone is completely ignorant. Just look at other nations where there are few if any Rich. Pre-'78 China-communism. 66% of the population under the poverty line.

Yet here in America, where apparently only the rich survive, our poor people have color TVs, cars, food, clothing, micro waves.

Yeah all our poor people live in refrigerator boxes... oh wait that's Mexico. Well all our poor people only get $1 per day... oh wait that's Pre-Capitalism China. Well all our poor people free food, public housing, and complain welfare doesn't cover the full cost of Cable TV... yup, that's America where only the Rich survive. Here's an idea: Let's kick the rich out and end up like Mugabe of Zimbabwe, and wonder why there's massive starvation and 10000% inflation.

I so long for intelligent conversation sometimes.

Another plain stupid comment from Shaman. You do realize our economy was doing much better in the past 4 years with much higher prices, than it is now with much lower prices....
Yeah.....if you're a Vulture Capitalist, workin' on Wall Street. :rolleyes:

"Separate from the role energy prices play in the risk-and-reward scenario for speculating investors, the result for Americans' lives is that energy, and the mobility that it brings, is becoming crushingly expensive.

High oil "makes us poorer than we would otherwise be," says St. Louis Federal Reserve President William Poole. "There's a hit to real income. It's a drain on your purchasing power."

Yeah.....if you're a Vulture Capitalist, workin' on Wall Street. :rolleyes:

Again, Shaman, the point you did not answer for the second time is, when the oil prices were higher, our economy was doing much better. Until you explain that, your point is still just as stupid as it was before.

The Title alone is completely ignorant. Just look at other nations where there are few if any Rich. Pre-'78 China-communism. 66% of the population under the poverty line.

Yet here in America, where apparently only the rich survive, our poor people have color TVs, cars, food, clothing, micro waves.
What...you think no one notices....specifically, our Banker??? :confused:
"Given that Americans are convinced that a high level of consumption is "our way of life" and the proper thing to do, it is not surprising that they have little savings. What do they do when their current income cannot support their consumption? Borrow from the future. What to do when their domestic credit limit is hit? Borrow from abroad. As long as the U.S. can sustain its military and political supremacy and use dollars as the currency for international payment, it could care less about its foreign debt, balance of payment deficit and insufficient foreign reserves. So long as the world has not lost confidence in the U.S, the country could support its consumption by issuing bonds and printing money until it hit the turning point. One point is clear: economically, the U.S. is a feeble giant."

Everyone say "Thanks, Bush Family!"

:rolleyes:

What...you think no one notices....specifically, our Banker??? :confused:

This is about as illogical as I expect from you. So your suggestion is our "poor" having more material wealth than the vast majority of the planet, is a negative thing?

So your suggestion is that it's somehow Bush's fault that we spend money instead of save it? How many Bush thugs showed up and forced you to blow all your money on beer or whatever?

You get more nutty as times goes on.

So you say.

Show me!​

A simple outline will suffice.

Year, Economic Growth rate vs. price per barrel.

2004 / rate of 3.1% / $35 to $45 per barrel.
2005 / rate of 4.4% / $55 to $65 per barrel.
2006 / rate of 3.2% / $60 to $75 per barrel.
2007 / rate of 3.2% / $65 to $90 per barrel.
2008 / rate of 2.2% / We are now at $45 per barrel.

So can you explain that? Why hasn't this economy started booming with cheap oil, when it was booming with expensive oil?

Here's another one... in 1999 and 2000, we had a lower growth rate than we do right now, and we actually had 2 consecutive quarter with negative growth, which is a real recession, not a "let us change what recession means so we can declare it when we feel like it" type of deal.

Yet the price of oil at the end of 2000 was $25 per barrel. And was cheaper in the prior years. Why didn't our economy have explosive growth with such cheap oil?

Here's the answer, and it's basic high school economics. I'm not surprised you don't know this. When the economy is doing well, the consumers have the money to purchase commodities, such as oil. When the economy is doing poorly, as ours is, consumers do not have the money to purchase commodities, such as oil.

This change in the demand effects the price. Therefore, when correlating oil prices and the economy, the price of oil is more of an effect caused by the economy, than the economy is caused by the oil.

Yeah.....there's a big-risk of refineries goin'-outta-business....:rolleyes:

Only if you put in price caps, then yeah, there's a risk of them going out of business.

A question directed at those who know something about this topic, in this news article, it says that we subsidize the oil industry, but at the same time claims removing them would increase taxes on the industry.

I'm all for them not paying taxes. I'm for everyone not paying taxes. But subsidy means to actually give money to something. Not just give a tax break. I got a tax break in 2001. Does that mean I am "subsidized"?

I am trying to figure out if we are just giving tax breaks for energy companies (good), or if we're giving money to them from the tax payers, like Bailout Barack wants (bad). Anyone knowledgeable know?

Note: I'm asking for someone who actually knows something about the topic, not spams meaningless links to one-sided sources. Thanks.

Only if you put in price caps, then yeah, there's a risk of them going out of business.

A question directed at those who know something about this topic, in this news article, it says that we subsidize the oil industry, but at the same time claims removing them would increase taxes on the industry.

I'm all for them not paying taxes. I'm for everyone not paying taxes. But subsidy means to actually give money to something. Not just give a tax break. I got a tax break in 2001. Does that mean I am "subsidized"?

I am trying to figure out if we are just giving tax breaks for energy companies (good), or if we're giving money to them from the tax payers, like Bailout Barack wants (bad). Anyone knowledgeable know?

Note: I'm asking for someone who actually knows something about the topic, not spams meaningless links to one-sided sources. Thanks.

The article (yep! I'm linking here...) in Issues in Science & Technology Online is a bit dated per the statistical details, but provides some excellent information regarding tax breaks vs. subsidies. It's quite cumbersome, but well worth the time to read.

This article is a timely treatise on the issues of renewable energy and public policy. Also excellent.

Werbung:
This is about as illogical as I expect from you. So your suggestion is our "poor" having more material wealth than the vast majority of the planet, is a negative thing?
Lemme guess.....you're attempting to take partial-credit for the outstanding-resources available to the poor & homeless, in the U.S., right? You must be a Christian, as is evidenced by your above-average compassion. :rolleyes:

So your suggestion is that it's somehow Bush's fault that we spend money instead of save it?
You're (quite) obviously too-young to remember The Idiot Son's response to terrorism: "Go Shopping!"

Isn't there some teen-chat site you'd prefer to frequent, Skippy? :rolleyes:

Back