Suspicions confirmed

PLC1

Staff member
Democrats and Republicans Both Adept at Ignoring Facts, Study Finds

Researchers asked staunch party members from both sides to evaluate information that threatened their preferred candidate prior to the 2004 Presidential election. The subjects' brains were monitored while they pondered.

The results were announced today.

"We did not see any increased activation of the parts of the brain normally engaged during reasoning," said Drew Westen, director of clinical psychology at Emory University. "What we saw instead was a network of emotion circuits lighting up, including circuits hypothesized to be involved in regulating emotion, and circuits known to be involved in resolving conflicts."

I think we knew that already, but isn't it nice to have our suspicions confirmed?

Werbung:
I would suggest that does not make either group unique, and that anyone with a recognizable ideology, or ideological position, is equally adept at ignoring inconvenient facts.

Werbung:
I think we knew that already, but isn't it nice to have our suspicions confirmed?

Yes. It is. Said the liberal, atheist man faithfully married to his first wife...

Liberalism, atheism, male sexual exclusivity linked to IQ

(CNN) -- Political, religious and sexual behaviors may be reflections of intelligence, a new study finds.​

(since we're making sweeping statements based on single studies)

Back