Tammy Faye Baker is dead

steveox

Tammy Faye Messner dies at 65

RALEIGH, N.C. - Tammy Faye Messner, who as Tammy Faye Bakker helped her husband, Jim, build a multimillion-dollar evangelism empire and then watched it collapse in disgrace, has died. She was 65.

Messner had battled colon cancer since 1996 that more recently spread to her lungs. She died peacefully Friday at her home near Kansas City, Mo., said Joe Spotts, her manager and booking agent.

A family service was held Saturday in a private cemetery, where her ashes were interred, he said.

She had frequently spoken about her medical problems, saying she hoped to be an inspiration to others. "Don't let fear rule your life," she said. "Live one day at a time, and never be afraid." But she told well-wishers in a note on her Web site in May that the doctors had stopped trying to treat the cancer.

In an interview with CNN's Larry King two months later, an emaciated Messner — still using her trademark makeup — said, "I believe when I leave this earth, because I love the Lord, I'm going straight to heaven." Asked if she had any regrets, Messner said: "I don't think about it, Larry, because it's a waste of good brain space."

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20070722/ap_on_re_us/obit_tammy_faye_messner

She went to hell i guess cause GOD Hates Divorce.

Werbung:
Steve, the question was hypothetical, and I for one don't follow the Bible, and I dont need it to tell me divorce is a bad thing.

I know she didn't kill anyone, BUT, if your wife did murder someone, would you divorce her?

If she robbed innocent people would you divorce her?

If she kept financial secrets from you so that you went bankrupt and you had no home and it was all her fault would you divorce her?

Jim Bakker didnt kill anyone. Marriage is for LIFE it says it right in the Bible

This is garbage, Steve. Sometimes I suspect that you are some sort of anti-Christian sort, out here running around, trying to make Christians look insensitive, inflexible and stupid.

Yes, the Biblical ideal is in mind when the marriage vows state "Till death do us part." However, the Bible is filled with limitations of what a spouse, male or female, is expected to take. They did not necessarily call it divorce, but usually "set aside."

Personally, I never cared much for Tammy Faye, or for her first husband Jim. I hate to see any human being suffer like she did. And overall, she exhibited great courage and grace, and a fair amount of good humor, in this personal, physical tragedy.

I cannot begin to judge her. Thankfully, that's not my job. And if you know so little, you should stop presuming to know God's mind, or a person's heart for that matter. It is written (paraphrased): Get that flamin' plank out of your eye, before you start condemning the piece of sawdust in someone else's.

Then why you think GOD create Satan and HELL for? Theres manny levels of hell i think Tammy Faye is in Level 2

Level 2

You have come to a place mute of all light, where the wind bellows as the sea does in a tempest. This is the realm where the lustful spend eternity. Here, sinners are blown around endlessly by the unforgiving winds of unquenchable desire as punishment for their transgressions. The infernal hurricane that never rests hurtles the spirits onward in its rapine, whirling them round, and smiting, it molests them. You have betrayed reason at the behest of your appetite for pleasure, and so here you are doomed to remain. Cleopatra and Helen of Troy are two that share in your fate.

To the argument of divorce;

Personally, bible aside, I don't feel divorce is problematic. Divorce is used to end a marriage. When I marry I'll marry SOMEONE I love, the abstract definition of SOMEONE refers to not only their physical institution but as well the culmination of their actions and the likely actions they'd perform in certain situations. The person I'd marry I'd love, if divorce came at some point, this would be because the PERSON I love is no more, figuratively. I would never marry a woman who would cheat on me, murder someone, and so on. If she does these things then obviously the person I married (someone who WOULDN'T do these things) is not even in existence. To me this ia valid support for the annulment / divorce in a marriage.

A person does not simply consist of their physical mass. They are made up of thought and action, to separate these two is an invalid distinction. If the wife dies, then she is gone. If it becomes apparent the personality was a farce then also she is gone.

Werbung:
Back