Teachers in US hand out snacks and fruits

asur

News Alert:

In certain rural states, teachers are quietly are sending food home for children
in their classrooms. Many families have lost jobs and the teachers have taken
notice.

Families are hurting due to Obama policies and many are unwilling to take
handouts or welfare. They simply may not know how it's done in some cases.

Good bless these teachers, who have jobs and are performing a needed service that Obama and his policies will not.

Werbung:
I wonder if these are california teachers. Lots of familys lost jobs when the feds turned off the water to the farms because the delta smelt "might" be at risk. thousands of people are jobless, hundreds of crops have failed and this summer we are all going to be paying for it when the cost of fruit and veggies are out of this world.

News Alert:

In certain rural states, teachers are quietly are sending food home for children
notice.

handouts or welfare. They simply may not know how it's done in some cases

Good bless these teachers, who have jobs and are performing a needed service that Obama and his policies will not.

Despite the opportunity to snipe at our seated president {with whom the poor & needy in America can not be laid at his door step}...there are large and small areas; that currently have and will always have 'POOR' children and impoverished areas. You must be living in the closet or your selective perceptions has those biased filters that you see what you want to see!!!

In this area the 'back-pack' bag has been going on for over 15 years...extra healthy snacks, frozen cartons of milk, frozen cartons of juice go home with children each and every Friday. Most schools in this area has the wonderful PTO support group that purchases meals for poor children; breakfast & lunch programs besides the reduced lunch programs, they do this above and beyond what the government provides!!!

Become proactive and go in search of a place that you could volunteer or donate some funding into your local school...it certainly would broaden your vision and warm your heart...LOL

ASPCA - Maybe the problem has been there for some time.
But is is happening now at an alarming rate in many rural areas.
In West Virginia many children are starting to go hungry from what
I understand, and this is news to me.

The rural areas never receive benefits like big cities.
There are big disparities.

Yes this is Obama's fault, because he is in charge and he claimed it would
be different.

We have already seen more jobs lost in 4 months, than even he has
said he could replace. But what he said means nothing. It's what he has done.
So far we have lost millions of jobs. Jobs that will not come back and
this is his record so far. It will get worse even by his prediction.

If you are a business, what incentive is there to expand when it
makes you a target for higher taxes and union infiltration?
How do you sell if there are no buyers?

Had the US elected a pro business leader, there would be an economy still.

ASPCA - Maybe the problem has been there for some time.
But is is happening now at an alarming rate in many rural areas.
In West Virginia many children are starting to go hungry from what
I understand, and this is news to me.

The rural areas never receive benefits like big cities.
There are big disparities.

be different.

yea he was going to change the whole econ and fix everything in 3 months...because we all know that is what he said....get a clue . took years of work to screw it up as bad as it got, but you cry becuse he did not fix it overnight with a magic wand. More drivel and worthless crying

I wonder if these are california teachers. Lots of familys lost jobs when the feds turned off the water to the farms because the delta smelt "might" be at risk. thousands of people are jobless, hundreds of crops have failed and this summer we are all going to be paying for it when the cost of fruit and veggies are out of this world.

I wouldn't be surprised to find out that they are. We have some valley farming towns that now have over 40% unemployment, due at least in part to exactly what you just described. Another cause is below normal rainfall/snowfall in Northern California, where the farms in the west side of the valley get their water.

Some of that area has been compared with Appalachia, and not favorably, before the water problems.

I wouldn't be surprised to find out that they are. We have some valley farming towns that now have over 40% unemployment, due at least in part to exactly what you just described. Another cause is below normal rainfall/snowfall in Northern California, where the farms in the west side of the valley get their water.

Some of that area has been compared with Appalachia, and not favorably, before the water problems.

I dont know anything about the low snow count but I am sure its making things worse.

This Delta smelt being the reason to totally ruin farms and jobs makes me livid. People are truly suffering and all someone has to do to stop the suffering is turn a dial to let the water flow... and they wont. Its the same kind of crap but on a much larger scale as happens in Pendelton, OR. Its the reason I hate invironmentalists and green and tree huggers

I dont know anything about the low snow count but I am sure its making things worse.

This Delta smelt being the reason to totally ruin farms and jobs makes me livid. People are truly suffering and all someone has to do to stop the suffering is turn a dial to let the water flow... and they wont. Its the same kind of crap but on a much larger scale as happens in Pendelton, OR. Its the reason I hate invironmentalists and green and tree huggers

It is a case of an endangered species (delta smelt) that might be harmed by the pumping, as some of the smelt are sucked into the pumps and die.

Of course, pumping has been going on for years without bringing this species (a sub species really) to extinction.

Another factor is the striped bass, which was introduced from the East Coast over a hundred years ago. Striped bass haven't managed to eat all of the delta smelt in all of that time, but, nevertheless, there is a movement to reduce the numbers of stripers. The plan is to blame predation by stripers, as opposed to the pumping, for the decline of the smelt (if, indeed, there has been a decline).

You can imagine the reaction of anglers who like to catch stripers.

The reality is that there have to be multiple causes of the decline of the smelt. The other part of the reality is that no one knows really just how many smelt there were before the stripers and the pumping, so there is no proof that there has been a significant decline.

I still wouldn't paint all "environmentalists" with the same broad brush, though, just the ones who substitute emotionalism for sound science.

Farmers are, after all, very much concerned with the environment.

So are anglers.

News Alert:

notice.

handouts or welfare. They simply may not know how it's done in some cases.

You must be relatively young. Traditionally it has been Conservatives that have been against feeding the poor and mitigation of poverty through welfare programs. For instance I remember when President Reagan announced that henceforth that catsup would be considered a vegetable in regard to school lunch programs to enable a savings for the program by dropping a "two vegetable" rule (cat sup being made from tomatoes).
And, he also insisted that homeless people were homeless not because of poverty, but because they preferred to be homeless.
How soon some of you forget...or were not born yet.

be different.

What twaddle! You are demanding a miracle from Obama, one that no one has ever been able to perform. Turning around an economy--especially when it's a worldwide depression--takes more than 5 months. Hell, it took George and his cronies 8 years to drag us down to this level.

What twaddle! You are demanding a miracle from Obama, one that no one has ever been able to perform. Turning around an economy--especially when it's a worldwide depression--takes more than 5 months. Hell, it took George and his cronies 8 years to drag us down to this level.

Lovely to see we are still playing the "blame game" instead of inacting real meaningful legislation to help correct and/or voulenteering to shed a smile on disparged citizens. Does it "really" matter at this point who caused the problems behind this ressicion? and if so important to name fault for it, why are the base reasons not being changed by the current government?!?!

It seems to me that the entire " bush hating/ Obama bashing lot " should devote their energies to donating some time to a charity... Would see much more rapid change at least then waiting on the government.

Altruism aside, it's about time the majority of the U.S. population contributed a little muscle to the effort instead of allowing the government to curb our incomes for the benefit of others.

It is a case of an endangered species (delta smelt) that might be harmed by the pumping, as some of the smelt are sucked into the pumps and die.

Of course, pumping has been going on for years without bringing this species (a sub species really) to extinction.

Another factor is the striped bass, which was introduced from the East Coast over a hundred years ago. Striped bass haven't managed to eat all of the delta smelt in all of that time, but, nevertheless, there is a movement to reduce the numbers of stripers. The plan is to blame predation by stripers, as opposed to the pumping, for the decline of the smelt (if, indeed, there has been a decline).

You can imagine the reaction of anglers who like to catch stripers.

The reality is that there have to be multiple causes of the decline of the smelt. The other part of the reality is that no one knows really just how many smelt there were before the stripers and the pumping, so there is no proof that there has been a significant decline.

I still wouldn't paint all "environmentalists" with the same broad brush, though, just the ones who substitute emotionalism for sound science.

Farmers are, after all, very much concerned with the environment.

So are anglers.

Extreme environmentalists then, I hate them.

I think those sick twisted freaks are happy when they see family farms in ruin and people out of work.

We have stripers in the Umpqua River and they are eating all the sturgeon eggs.

Lovely to see we are still playing the "blame game" instead of inacting real meaningful legislation to help correct and/or voulenteering to shed a smile on disparged citizens. Does it "really" matter at this point who caused the problems behind this ressicion? and if so important to name fault for it, why are the base reasons not being changed by the current government?!?!

It seems to me that the entire " bush hating/ Obama bashing lot " should devote their energies to donating some time to a charity... Would see much more rapid change at least then waiting on the government.

Altruism aside, it's about time the majority of the U.S. population contributed a little muscle to the effort instead of allowing the government to curb our incomes for the benefit of others.

I was responding to an idiotic attack on our President, that's all. Bush is history, we are all having to deal with the effects of the last 8 years, to assume that I am doing nothing but posting on this site is perhaps a bit of an assumption on your part. I stand by what I wrote: no one can be expected to fix the damage done to the world economy in just a few months.

I think those sick twisted freaks are happy when they see family farms in ruin and people out of work.

Is there any point where we draw the line and say that the human race cannot take anymore of the ecosystem for their personal use? Is there ANYTHING that you would save even if it cost human lives? Is all life and all material on this planet acceptable to be used as fodder for human ends?

Werbung:

Yes, extreme environmentalists are hard to deal with. Anyone who simply doesn't accept established science is difficult to deal with, and the extremists are among those using emotionalism over rational thought.

I've clashed with some of them myself.

Now, get out there and catch some of those stripers out of the Umpqua. It is your duty to the sturgeon. Not only that, but catching stripers is fun, and they are tasty as well.

Back