Teleprompter goof causes Obama to thank himself for White House party

Little-Acorn

And the hits just keep on comin.

The Obama administration seems to be trying to set records for gaffes, clumsiness, and overall klutz factor.

A while ago I compared them to the Keystone Kops. But now it's starting to look like I insulted those comparatively professional comedians by equating them to this bunch.

Apparently the people setting up the teleprompter didn't change the speech aftre Obama gave it. And when the first guest came up and started reading, it took him a while to realize he was repeating the exact words that Obama had just read to the audience.

Obama quickly came up, took the guest's place, and started reading from the teleprompter.... not realizing that the crew had finally gotten it right and had switched back to the guest's speech. He kept reading and reading, even thanking himself for inviting everyone to the party, before someone finally straightened things out.

Back when President Gerald Ford kept falling off ladders, falling down helicopter stairs etc., it was due to an inner-ear medical condition no one could help. But President Obama has already far exceeded his record for stumblebum antics.

When will this get the derisive coverage Ford got?

BTW... who on earth uses a teleprompter at a PARTY?

---------------------------------

http://gatewaypundit.blogspot.com/2009/03/obama-thanks-himself-in-teleprompter.html

Obama Ends Up Thanking Himself In TelePrompter Stumble-Bumble

Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Oops.

President Obama graciously thanked himself for inviting everyone to the St. Patrick's Day party yesterday at the White House.

SKY News reported, via LGF:

A teleprompt blunder has led to Barack Obama thanking himself in a speech at the White House in a St Patrick's Day celebration.

Irish Prime Minister Brian Cowen was just a few paragraphs into an address in Washington when he realised it all sounded a bit too familiar.

It was. He was repeating the speech President Barack Obama had just read from the same teleprompter.

Mr Cowen stopped, turned to the president and said: "That's your speech."

A laughing Mr Obama returned to the podium to take over but it seems the script had finally been switched and the US president ended up thanking himself for inviting everyone to the party.

(Full text of the article can be read at the above URL)

Werbung:
For eight years, we kept hearing that the President was a complete boob due to his inability to speak publicly in the smooth, well-cultured manner his detractors insisted on.

And a few Presidents before that, we had one who WAS a good public speaker (they even called him The Great Communicator). But we were told for eight years that in his case, he was merely a product of slick marketing and packaging. Mostly by the same detractors.

Most of those detractors are still with us. When are they going to get around to examining the current President? And what will their conclusion be?

Obama is far more like Bush than most of us ever imagined.

Fiscal policy is the same: Cut taxes, spend, spend, spend, and bail out failing companies.

Now, we find that Obama can commit verbal gaffes as well, even if he isn't quite as good at it as Bush was.

I'm sure that the Bush supporters, if there are any left, are happy with the new president.

Fiscal policy is the same: Cut taxes, spend, spend, spend, and bail out failing companies.

Now, we find that Obama can commit verbal gaffes as well, even if he isn't quite as good at it as Bush was.

I'm sure that the Bush supporters, if there are any left, are happy with the new president.

I would rather have Bush back than what we currently have, so I guess you can call me a Bush supporter...... and I am not very happy!

I searched for a youtube of this and its not out there, just the story. Had this been bush I would not have had to look for the youtube, popeye would have posted it and at least two other unnamed would have done dupe posts of it.

Why cant we find it when its obama? It does not seem fair. When Bush pulled on a window that looked exactly like a door it was youtubed all over the place, when obama tried to go in a window at the white house it was very hard to find the video.

Why do we have to have double standards like this, its fustrating! does obama suck so much that he has to be protected this much?

ok yes I know the answer is yes but still, I hate double standards!

The only problem is, you listed all the things about Bush I didn't like. (other than cutting taxes) Which, Obama really isn't cutting taxes that much.

I searched for a youtube of this and its not out there, just the story. Had this been bush I would not have had to look for the youtube, popeye would have posted it and at least two other unnamed would have done dupe posts of it.

Why cant we find it when its obama? It does not seem fair. When Bush pulled on a window that looked exactly like a door it was youtubed all over the place, when obama tried to go in a window at the white house it was very hard to find the video.

Why do we have to have double standards like this, its fustrating! does obama suck so much that he has to be protected this much?

ok yes I know the answer is yes but still, I hate double standards!

Remember most of those youtube videos come from the press. Undoubtedly the press LOVES Obama. I wager it will be posted later, when a non-obamabot gets a clip of it.

Werbung:
Back