Terrorist Caliphate Established

GBFan

(CNN) -- The extremist group that's taken over a large swath of western and northern Iraq announced on Sunday the establishment of a "caliphate," an Islamic state stretching across the region, and said it would now be known as the Islamic State rather than the Islamic State of Iraq and Syria.

The announcement was made in a newly released audio message and written statement purportedly from the official spokesman of ISIS, Abu Mohammed al-Adnani al-Shami.

He said "Al-Baghdadi" is the emir of the caliphate, using his real name Ibrahim Awwad Ibrahim Ali al-Badri al Samarrai, but who is more commonly known as Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi.

The group said its flag flies from the Aleppo province in Syria to Diyala province in Iraq.

Werbung:
THIS is a direct result of incompetent US foreign policy ... remember that when the attack comes.

BAUCHI, Nigeria – Suspected Islamic extremists sprayed gunfire at worshippers and torched four churches Sunday in a village just miles from the town where more than 200 schoolgirls were kidnapped, witnesses said.

At least 30 bodies have been recovered but more are turning up in the bushes, where people tried to escape from Kwada village, said a member of a vigilante group that has had some successes in repelling attacks.

"They killed dozens of people and burned houses after attacking worshippers," survivor Mallam Yahi told The Associated Press by telephone from Chibok town, to which he escaped.

Some of the church buildings destroyed included the Protestant Church of Christ in Nigeria, the Pentecostal Deeper Life Bible Church and Ekklesiyar Yan'uwa, which is Hausa for Church of the Brethren in Nigeria, Yahi said. The last was started by American missionaries from Illinois in the 1920s.

Yahi said the attackers went on to neighboring Kautikari, where they gunned down villagers and burned down homes. The vigilante said they had not yet reached Kautikari so did not know what the death toll was there.

Police spokesman Gideon Jubrin said he could not confirm the attack because bad communications have kept officials from reaching the nearest security post at Chibok, though Associated Press reporters were able to make cell phone calls to the town. Chibok is the town in northeast Borno state from which more than 200 girls were abducted in April. Officials say 219 girls remain captive. Kwada is six miles and Kautikari four miles away.

Angry Chibok residents said soldiers were slow to respond to news of the attack, and the vigilantes said that once they reached Kwada, the soldiers refused to confront the extremists directly, only shooting at them from a distance outside the village. They spoke on condition of anonymity for fear of reprisals from the military.

Boko Haram extremists attacked a military camp in the neighboring local government area of Damboa last week and killed at least 51 soldiers. Survivors said they came in armored personnel carriers mounted with anti-aircraft guns and were armed with rocket launchers and submachine guns much heavier than the soldiers' AK47 assault rifles. The insurgents abducted many soldiers who remain missing, they said.

Boko Haram extremists are demanding the release of detained fighters in return for the kidnapped girls. Nigeria's President Goodluck Jonathan has been criticized for the slow reaction to the abductions and failure to swiftly rescue the girls. The United States has drones flying to help locate them and other nations have sent experts to help, but negotiations appear stalled.

Nigeria's military has said it knows where they are but fears any military campaign could get them killed.

Jonathan on Sunday condemned other recent attacks — Friday's bombing of a hotel that local reports identified as a brothel in Bauchi state, also in the northeast, and sectarian killings of sedentary farmers who are mainly Christian by alleged Fulani Muslim herders in northern Kaduna state.

"The president commiserates with all the families who lost loved ones in the heinous attacks and extends his heartfelt sympathies to all those who suffered injuries or lost their properties during the wanton assaults on Bauchi and Kaduna States," said a statement. He promised the attackers would be brought to book.

Jonathan made no mention of the near-daily attacks Boko Haram extremists have been mounting in the area around Chibok, an enclave of mainly Christian people in the majority Muslim north of the country. Bauchi and Kaduna states are governed by Jonathan's ruling People's Democratic Party while Borno is held by an opposition governor.

The world was a much safer place before President Barack Obama took office in 2009, and his decision to withdraw troops from Iraq without leaving a stay-behind force "was a mistake," Wyoming Republican Sen. John Barrasso believes.

"When we, the United States, leaves a vacuum anywhere, that emboldens others to go in when there is no sense of deterrence by the United States, that lets bad actors move in and fill the void," Barrasso told CBS "Face the Nation" host Bob Schieffer Sunday.

Barrasso agreed that the U.S. Embassy in Baghdad must be protected, and said that the militant Islamic State of Iraq and Syria [ISIS] is a direct threat to the United States.

"They have the capacity and I believe they have the intent," said Barrasso. "They have stated it in terms of their opposition of the whole western world. They are the richest, most powerful and most savage group of terrorists in the history of mankind, and they have taken over an area truly the size of Indiana bordering Syria as well as Iraq. So I think it is a direct threat to the United States.”

Hebron, West Bank (CNN) -- The bodies of three Israeli teenagers who were kidnapped this month have been found in the West Bank, a spokesman for Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu said.

"All Israel tonight is united in mourning the three teens who were brutally murdered by the Hamas terrorists," Mark Regev said Monday.

He continued: "Hamas, I think, has shown us all once again what Hamas is all about. It's a brutal terrorist organization that has no qualms whatsoever about targeting civilians, and in this case, in kidnapping and murdering children."

Netanyahu said "Hamas will pay" for the deaths.

Hamas spokesman Sami Abu Zuhri warned against escalation, saying if Netanyahu "brings a war on Gaza, the gates of hell will open to him."

Hebron, West Bank (CNN) -- The bodies of three Israeli teenagers who were kidnapped this month have been found in the West Bank, a spokesman for Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu said.

"All Israel tonight is united in mourning the three teens who were brutally murdered by the Hamas terrorists," Mark Regev said Monday.

He continued: "Hamas, I think, has shown us all once again what Hamas is all about. It's a brutal terrorist organization that has no qualms whatsoever about targeting civilians, and in this case, in kidnapping and murdering children."

Netanyahu said "Hamas will pay" for the deaths.

Hamas spokesman Sami Abu Zuhri warned against escalation, saying if Netanyahu "brings a war on Gaza, the gates of hell will open to him."
Not if they release the hounds first. Time to settle this.

This Forum seems to have unrelated items. It is true the extremist have declared the Caliphate as it was before in the past. This involves only parts of Syria and Iraq under the control of the extremists. I doubt they can make it spread further.

Attacks in Nigeria and Israel are unrelated except to show how volatile is the region.

This Forum seems to have unrelated items. It is true the extremist have declared the Caliphate as it was before in the past. This involves only parts of Syria and Iraq under the control of the extremists. I doubt they can make it spread further.

Attacks in Nigeria and Israel are unrelated except to show how volatile is the region.
Really ...... 3,000 dead Americans from 9/11 from these animals amassing and it is irrelevant ..... is that what your "four degrees" taught you ......

and the region is volatile why ? I believe there is a thread running through all of this which has the effect of creating dots to be connected. What has me wondering is who will surface as the face of this coming caliphate. Cant know when this will gel but it will and mistakes made will only hasten it.

and the region is volatile why ? I believe there is a thread running through all of this which has the effect of creating dots to be connected. What has me wondering is who will surface as the face of this coming caliphate. Cant know when this will gel but it will and mistakes made will only hasten it.
Reasoning with "four degrees" sycophants .....

Actually, this forum has a common thread ... the impact of Islamic terrorism wherever it happens.

As for spreading it, it is real easy ... watch them kill some Muslims who don't bow down to the caliphate and you'll see it spread. First, they will annex the rest of Syria, and we'll sit on our ass and watch thousands die (see: Crimea), then they will absorb Hamas in Palestine (remember, they are just a terrorist adjunct of the Syrian government). In the meantime, they will continue their absorption of the rest of Iraq (300 troops - are you kidding me?) Oh, look out, Egypt.

Open your eyes ... look at the recent history.

Not if they release the hounds first. Time to settle this.

Israel has made it real clear --- the houses of the Palestinian terrorists will come down ... the terrorists will be hunted down, and they (and their supporters) will die.

I heard, through the back door, that they have already begun deploying to make their move.

Netanyahu said it today ... "Combatants kill each other; terrorists kill children." You don't hear much about the 2-5 year old babies who were beheaded by Hamas sympathizers, do you?

I'm sorry .... I cannot understand, I can't accept, that a sane individual would support, or excuse, somebody who would do that. Frankly, I don't want to ...

When attack comes expect an Republican president to launch an Nuclear Attack on Syria and Iraq.

Last edited:
Werbung:
Back