Test your gun I.Q.

Little-Acorn

Test Your Gun I.Q.

Think you're savvy when it comes to the politically hot topic of gun control?

Take this simple true/false test to find out.

http://www.rinr.fsu.edu/issues/2009winter/gun/index.asp

7-10 correct: Congrats, you know your gun facts!
4-6 correct: Surprised?
3-0 correct: You're among many.

-----------------------------------------------------------

I got 7 out of 10 right.

And one of the ones I missed, was because I was stupid and mis-read the question.

Werbung:
I got 8 out of the 10. Great link .... I'm glad to see that not all areas of our universities are indoctrinated. I'm a supporter of the NRA, and you might be interested in reading up on HR 45. You may have already heard of this bill. It is completely against the 2nd amendment.

I'd say that was a relatively accurate test... as far as the way the questions were presented.

But the answers really didn't make much of a case either way... and I'm saying this as a gun owner and used to be collector.

Saying hundreds of thousands of possible self defense uses in a country of 350 million and also not factoring in the accidental shootings and cases were the claim was made of self defense... but the self alleged "victim" ends up getting convicted of felonious assault himself... is not really factoring in the whole picture.

And the whole you can buy a gun for someone else to get them around the background check... BIG MISTAKE! Should be a felony.

The bottom line to me as far as having a gun on your own property or out legally hunting... handguns, shotguns and hunting rifles should be available for adults to purchase who can pass a substantial criminal background check and are not suffering from certain mental health issues.

The concealed carry thing has it advantages & disadvantages but there are definitely places where it shouldn't be allowed. Like any place that serves alcohol comes to mind... and on college campuses. It's not hard to imagine a good number of the immature drunken fist fights that go on being escalated to a higher level if everybody at the party drunk was packin' heat.:)

I have to say some of the military type assault weapons (and I've owned a few... M1 Carbine, AR-15, Bushmaster 9mm) should probably require a stronger standard to obtain... something like the Federal Firearms permit now need for fully automatic weapons.

While it's true you can kill an innocent person with a butter knife... that does take awhile. Some of these military assault weapons with 30 or 60 round clips can mow down a lot of people a little too fast and from quite a distance.

Congratulations.
You have completed the quiz.
You answered 10 of the 10 questions correctly.

I wish it wasnt true false. Made them pretty obvious to me, but I managed %100.

As an open question to anyone else in the lower 48 who owns and shoots regularly, are there the shortages of guns down there that Alaska is experiencing? Very difficult to find cases of ammo, reloading powder/primers and many types of guns here right now.

As an open question to anyone else in the lower 48 who owns and shoots regularly, are there the shortages of guns down there that Alaska is experiencing? Very difficult to find cases of ammo, reloading powder/primers and many types of guns here right now.

Some guns are harder to find than others but guns in general, there are enough of. Ammo is harder to get and some ammo is really really really hard to get, Reloading powder/primer is almost impossible to get.

Congratulations.
You have completed the quiz.
You answered 10 of the 10 questions correctly.

Not much of a shortage of guns, but an observable tightning of amunition. A friend of mine just put together his first 1911 and went to 5 stores before he found any ammo.

I load my own and am pretty well supplied with powder, primers, etc., so I can't really say whether they are getting scarce or not.

A month or so the obama administration tried to sneak an order through to the military making it mandantory that they mutilate brass so that it could not be resold to reloaders. The supply of .45, 9mm, .223, .308, .50 dried up almost overnight. A couple of senators (who shall remain unnamed) got involved and the order was lifted within a couple of days and the supplies of brass immediately loosened up.

This administration becomes more fascist every day. Not just name calling fascist, but the genuine article; from assuming control of the means of production (firing ceo's of private corporations) to this BS with military brass and a slew of items in between.

Werbung:
Not much of a shortage of guns, but an observable tightning of amunition. A friend of mine just put together his first 1911 and went to 5 stores before he found any ammo.

I load my own and am pretty well supplied with powder, primers, etc., so I can't really say whether they are getting scarce or not.

A month or so the obama administration tried to sneak an order through to the military making it mandantory that they mutilate brass so that it could not be resold to reloaders. The supply of .45, 9mm, .223, .308, .50 dried up almost overnight. A couple of senators (who shall remain unnamed) got involved and the order was lifted within a couple of days and the supplies of brass immediately loosened up.

This administration becomes more fascist every day. Not just name calling fascist, but the genuine article; from assuming control of the means of production (firing ceo's of private corporations) to this BS with military brass and a slew of items in between.

Things have become tough in some cases in Alaska. Firstly, in Anchorage and Fairbanks, Mat-Su Valley(the largest poppulation and urban areas in Alaska) ammo has become tough to come by.
I also reload some of my own rounds(mostly various rifle rounds and .45acp and also .460 SW) But point being is that powder, primers and brass are tough to come by to say the least. Part of this comes from demand being through the roof, and supply remaining otherwise steady and possibly down. But when it comes to AK, most of our shipments come from Seattle on the barge and at the begining of the year the TSA put in restrictions that said only 100lbs of powder was allowed per container.

So right now, the most poppular propellants, IMR 4350, 4831, Varget, etc etc are tough to come by. The major outlets like Midway USA are not longer taking backorders of the product.

In Anchorage though, a shortage of ammo has hit badly, down to including
22lr ammo. I had to go to 7 different shops and mega stores to find a brick of 22lr. People are buying up, not bricks, but cases of bricks.
Personally, I think this is all hype at this point, but there are shortages being experienced here in Alaska which is the end of the supply chain.

Back