That "Do Nothing" Dem-Majority?

Werbung:
Welllllllllllllll.....the politically-challenged (i.e. Freepers & Dead-O-Heads) are in for a serious-surprise!!! :p

Watch & learn, Right-Wing-Lemmings!

I do not see democrats having 60 seats in November. Possible sure, but unlikely in my opinion.

I also think the majority of the "do nothing" Congress is directed at the house, when majority rules, and Democrats do not manage to get much of anything done.

I do not see democrats having 60 seats in November. Possible sure, but unlikely in my opinion.

I also think the majority of the "do nothing" Congress is directed at the house, when majority rules, and Democrats do not manage to get much of anything done.
The Dems are gettin' a little unexpected-help .

The Dems are gettin' a little unexpected-help .

You realize that the Democrats have the majority in the House right? You also realize that majority rules in the House right?

If anyone is "blocking" legislation put forth by the Democrats, it is other Democrats, since no matter how many Republicans vote against it, all they have to do it all vote for it. Democrats also set the floor schedule and the debate schedule.

You also realize that the energy bill Pelosi jammed through was nothing but political cover. She actually said as much to a Roll Call reporter. Democrats in the Senate proclaimed it was "dead on arrival." Fact is the majority of Americans want more drilling, and are being blocked by a Democrat controlled House.

I find it laughable that you blame Republicans for preventing anything, when they do not have the actual numbers to do so, especially in the House (which is where the do-nothing Congress term is geared).

It is easy to sit back and say oh they would have passed all of these things, but the fact remains they never did pass any of these things, and the ones that they allowed to come for a vote were mostly defeated.

As for the Senate, you are trying to make it sound like only the GOP ever threatens a filibuster, which is simply ridiculous. Democrats do the exact same thing when Republicans are in the majority. It simply works to bring about more bi-partisanship in the Senate.

You realize that the Democrats have the majority in the House right? You also realize that majority rules in the House right?
<Yaaaaaaaawwwwwwwwnnnnnnnn....>

....And, then....whatever Bill goes to the Senate.....where it's dealt-with. :rolleyes:

<Yaaaaaaaawwwwwwwwnnnnnnnn....>

....And, then....whatever Bill goes to the Senate.....where it's dealt-with. :rolleyes:

So your reasoning that the House has proposed and passed one of the least amounts of substantive legislation ever, is because the Senate does not have 60 Democrats?

This has been the case before many other times, and things still got done...

I did not see the Republicans having this problem when they controlled the Senate...(with 51 seats mind you)

Werbung:
.....And, our economy shows it.....daily!!!

So let us recap:

1) You claim that Congress has gotten nothing done because Democrats do not have 60 seats.

2) I point out that a Republican congress got a lot done with a Senate majority of only 51 total seats.

3) You respond: The economy shows it daily....

This has nothing to do with your original argument...

Back