1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Discuss politics - join our community by registering for free here! HOP - the political discussion forum

The aftermath of the "B Girl" hoax

Discussion in 'U.S. Politics' started by Popeye, Oct 25, 2008.

1. Popeye

Popeye Active Member

I thought this is a great commentary as it puts a fitting postscript on what has become an embarrassing incident for all those on the right that jumped to conclusions. The backwards B should have been a dead giveaway but hate does funny things to people...like suspending logic.

http://www.ajc.com/blogs/content/sh...2008/10/24/the_aftermath_of_ashley_todds.html

2. Sihouette

Sihouette Active Member

Hey, I have a bag of baby seals that Obama just clubbed. Anyone want to buy my story? It's for sale: $3 million US.

:cool:

3. GenSeneca

GenSeneca Well-Known Member

Lets put this on file with the "KILL HIM!!!" hoax that you guys on the left went around talking about, and taking the occasion to paint with a broad brush all on the Right as Racists, which was also fabricated...

BTW Popeye... with as much hay as you made about THAT hoax... I don't remember you EVER appologizing or eating your words.... :rolleyes:

4. Popeye

Popeye Active Member

You know what I can't figure out is why, in the process of attacking me this morning on another thread, you alluded to the 'B Girl" despite the fact that it was revealed to be a hoax yesterday...not keeping up, blinded by hatred, or what?

5. Pandora

Pandora Well-Known Member

The lie about "kill him" was mean and wrong but probably not dangerous.

The girl who pretended to get attacked is dangerous. Some hot head who saw that could have went to do something very bad physically to an obama supporter before it came out that she wasnt telling the truth. it still could for some one who doesnt watch the news enough to know it wasnt true.

The girl reminded me of that one woman Susan smith who killed her own kids then blamed a black man. The b thing was far more dangerous and worse for race relations than the kill him deal, but both sucked

6. GenSeneca

GenSeneca Well-Known Member

As I remember... you continued with the KILL HIM hoax for about a week after it was proven false... That leaves me 6 more days of denile to catch up to your rot gut nonsense.

7. Pandora

welp

that I know of popeye never posted an apology in the thread about it being a hoax or ever really said hey it was not true

so...

you never have to stop gen :)

8. Frolicking Dinosaurs

Frolicking Dinosaurs New Member

My take on this may get me tarred and feathered on this forum, but I'm going to say it anyway.

The girl that did this is 20 yo and by all accounts has severe emotional problems and likely is mentally ill. She has told police she does not know how she got the black eye or the 'B' scratched on her face and concocted the story to explain injuries to her friends. The friends called the police.

If the above account is true, then this is not an incidence of race-baiting or chicanery on the part of the McCain campaign. It is the isolated action of a mentally ill girl who injured herself while in a fugue state. The kid needs to be in a hospital - not a jail cell - and everyone needs to climb off McCain's back about this.

Fox News and others who reported the incident as fact before the facts were in need to take a long, hard look at how they do their jobs.

1 person likes this.
  9. Pandora

The first time I heard it was on fox news, on bill o's show, he said he thought it was fishy and wasnt going to report anymore than the basics till he got more facts. I think he was pretty fair about it.

she might not have been race baiting, if she is really mentally ill then she probably just needs help. but all in all it is more serious than the faked "kill him" from a couple of weeks ago

10. Agnapostate

Agnapostate New Member

I wonder if she was acquainted with Brian Darling. :p

11. Pandora

who is brian darling
    and what does a black flag mean?

12. Agnapostate

Agnapostate New Member

Tarred and feathered? That's the most rational analysis of this situation I've heard so far.

13. Agnapostate

Agnapostate New Member

This is Brian Darling. A black flag is a symbol of anarchism.

14. Pandora

Thank you :)

15. Mr. Shaman

Mr. Shaman New Member

Peggy Noonan describes the (present) environment, best....