The Bible as Science

invest07

Then God said, “Let there be light”; and there was light.
Genesis 1:3, NKJV
The third verse of the Bible presents an accurate presentation of the first instant when our universe came into existence. Two important scientific statements are made:
  1. The beginning of our universe was instantaneous.
  2. The first thing that existed in our universe was light
There are tons of statements like this throughout the scripture.

Werbung:
here are the laws o f Hallelujah if people want t o live in peace :)

Exodus 20:2-17 NKJV
1 "I am the Lord your God, who brought you out of the land of Egypt, out of the house of bondage. You shall have no other gods before Me.
2 "You shall not make for yourself a carved image, or any likeness of anything that is in heaven above, or that is in the earth beneath, or that is in the water under the earth; you shall not bow down to them nor serve them. For I, the Lord your God, am a jealous God, visiting the iniquity of the fathers on the children to the third and fourth generations of those who hate Me, but showing mercy to thousands, to those who love Me and keep My Commandments.
3 "You shall not take the name of the Lord your God in vain, for the Lord will not hold him guiltless who takes His name in vain.
4 "Remember the Sabbath day, to keep it holy. Six days you shall labor and do all your work, but the seventh day is the Sabbath of the Lord your God. In it you shall do no work: you, nor your son, nor your daughter, nor your male servant, nor your female servant, nor your cattle, nor your stranger who is within your gates. For in six days the Lord made the heavens and the earth, the sea, and all that is in them, and rested the seventh day. Therefore the Lord blessed the Sabbath day and hallowed it.
5 "Honor your father and your mother, that your days may be long upon the land which the Lord your God is giving you.
6 "You shall not murder.
7 "You shall not commit adultery.
8 "You shall not steal.
9 "You shall not bear false witness against your neighbor.
10 "You shall not covet your neighbor's house; you shall not covet your neighbor's wife, nor his male servant, nor his female servant, nor his ox, nor his donkey, nor anything that is your neighbor's."

Science like the sun goes round the earth?

Or that snakes can talk

Or that a man could walk on water

Or that a virgin could get pregnant without AI

Or that a man with no ship building experience could build a ship out of wood that would hold two of every species on earth plus their food for 6 weeks

Or that people rose from the dead

Etc

The bible is a fiction of ludicrous stories

Thus says the Lord, your Redeemer, And He who formed you from the womb: “I am the Lord, who makes all things, Who stretches out the heavens all alone.
Isaiah 44:22.
Companion verses: Job 26:7, Isaiah 40:22, Zechariah 12:1

Three different authors make 4 different references to the following scientific statement:
  1. The universe is expanding
The verb "stretch" is used in present tense which indicates that the universe expansion was not a one time event.. It is occurring as I write this post.

Dawky,
Your posts would be a lot more meaningful if you did not retreat from the specifics of the post you are answering. Instead of going into your signature rant, why not try to specifically answer the posts that have been made?

Thus says the Lord, your Redeemer, And He who formed you from the womb: “I am the Lord, who makes all things, Who stretches out the heavens all alone.
Isaiah 44:22.
Companion verses: Job 26:7, Isaiah 40:22, Zechariah 12:1

Three different authors make 4 different references to the following scientific statement:
  1. The universe is expanding
The verb "stretch" is used in present tense which indicates that the universe expansion was not a one time event.. It is occurring as I write this post.

Dawky,
Your posts would be a lot more meaningful if you did not retreat from the specifics of the post you are answering. Instead of going into your signature rant, why not try to specifically answer the posts that have been made?
Cant find anything to cut-n-paste.

The statement that the bible is scientific is proof positive of insanity on the part of the stater

The bible is anti science

That is why Christians have given great scientists like Darwin and Galileo such a hard time for telling the truth

The statement that the bible is scientific is proof positive of insanity on the part of the stater

The is bible anti science

That is why Christians have given great scientists like Darwin and Galileo such a hard time for telling the truth

Dawky, perhaps you should check your grammar before making a post.
So far I have presented 2 statements made in the Bible many thousands of years ago that are today acknowledged as scientifically factual. It took the Western science which you appear to worship over 2000 years to realize the factual nature of these statements. There are far more of these statements in the Bible (which you claim to be "anti-science" ). The Bible was not written as a scientific text. The reason for writing the Bible was far greater than that. But the Bible does reveal certain truths that explain many things about our universe that took science thousands of years to document. The Bible just presented those truths to anyone who bothered to read and had an inquiring mind way, way before the scientists were able to validate.
The verse from Genesis was written by Moses circa 1450 BC. The verse from Job is believed to have been written about 2000BC. The verse from Isaiah was written around 730 BC. The verse from Zecharaiah was written circa 580 BC.
So the Bible told us the universe is expanding 4000 years before the science you worship was able to verify it. And you say the Bible is "anti-science".
If you truly have a scientific mind and are willing to consider ALL the facts, perhaps you may change your mind in the coming weeks.
And one more thing, Dawky. Which of us sounds insane and which of us sounds more knowledgeable?

17 blessing I will bless you, and multiplying I will multiply your descendants as the stars of the heaven and as the sand which is on the seashore;
Genesis 22:17
New King James Version (NKJV)

This verse was written by Moses somewhere around 1450 BC well before the invention of lenses, telescopes and magnification.. The interesting comparison here is between the number of stars to grains of sand on the seashore. This was most likely written in the Sinai Peninsula which is in the northern hemisphere. With the naked eye, no more than 4000 stars are visible. Using the Hubble telescope we now believe the number of stars may be 10 to the 23rd power. That is far more than the 4000 or so Moses could have seen using only his eye.
The Bible doesn't tell us exactly how many stars there are but it does compare the number of starts to the number of grains of sand on the seashore. I think anyone with half a brain would agree that is a vey, very very large number. A large enough number that counting is impossible and only by estimation can we even get close.
So how did Moses know there are literally billions and billions of stars in the universe when he could only see 4000?
Could it be that the Creator of all those stars was telling Moses what to write?

If you truly have a scientific mind and are willing to consider ALL the facts, perhaps you may change your mind in the coming weeks.
LMAO ... :LOL::ROFLMAO::LOL::ROFLMAO:

You stand a better change of teaching an elephant to fly the space shuttle ;)

And one more thing, Dawky. Which of us sounds insane and which of us sounds more knowledgeable?
Liberalism and anti-theism is a mental disorder, a self imposed intolerance and hatred for your fellow man, kind of mental disorder. Claiming insanity would be disrespectful to the insane.

Call it what it is ..... generally just a low informed, low IQ, full of hate and disrespect POS personality!

Dawky, perhaps you should check your grammar before making a post.
So far I have presented 2 statements made in the Bible many thousands of years ago that are today acknowledged as scientifically factual. It took the Western science which you appear to worship over 2000 years to realize the factual nature of these statements. There are far more of these statements in the Bible (which you claim to be "anti-science" ). The Bible was not written as a scientific text. The reason for writing the Bible was far greater than that. But the Bible does reveal certain truths that explain many things about our universe that took science thousands of years to document. The Bible just presented those truths to anyone who bothered to read and had an inquiring mind way, way before the scientists were able to validate.
The verse from Genesis was written by Moses circa 1450 BC. The verse from Job is believed to have been written about 2000BC. The verse from Isaiah was written around 730 BC. The verse from Zecharaiah was written circa 580 BC.
So the Bible told us the universe is expanding 4000 years before the science you worship was able to verify it. And you say the Bible is "anti-science".

The bible states that the earth goes round the sun

Considering the Christian assertion that the book was written by god the being that created the universe you have to laugh

There is nothing in the bible about an expanding universe, gravity, evolution, laws of thermodynamics, the speed of light

But there is quite a lot about walking on water and water turning into wine and resurrection and talking snakes and two people spawning the whole of humanity

And just how did Noah get hold of two polar bears and two kangaroos

And have you ever tried knocking over a really thick wall by blowing a trumpet at it?

Or maybe you could tell me how a woman could be turned into a pillar if salt

Or a rod into a snake

Or why an omnipotent being needs helpers

Or how those helpers could fly with a pair of swans wings attached to a mans body

And what has my grammar got to do with any of this?

Christians are idiots

That is science

Werbung:
The bible states that the earth goes round the sun

Considering the Christian assertion that the book was written by god the being that created the universe you have to laugh

There is nothing in the bible about an expanding universe, gravity, evolution, laws of thermodynamics, the speed of light

But there is quite a lot about walking on water and water turning into wine and resurrection and talking snakes and two people spawning the whole of humanity

And just how did Noah get hold of two polar bears and two kangaroos

And have you ever tried knocking over a really thick wall by blowing a trumpet at it?

Or maybe you could tell me how a woman could be turned into a pillar if salt

Or a rod into a snake

Or why an omnipotent being needs helpers

Or how those helpers could fly with a pair of swans wings attached to a mans body

And what has my grammar got to do with any of this?

Christians are idiots

That is science
Too much ignorance in that post to refute it all. But if you want to pick the most "damaging" item from the list it could be refuted easily. The only catch is that if no one else here agrees with you that it was not refuted then you must agree not to mention any of the above ever again. And if any other person here agrees with you that the one item was not refuted sufficiently then I will never again attempt to refute any of the items on the list on this forum.

Back