The Bible; The Unabridged-Version

In this case, however, the jury is still out, as I noted, albeit the majority of climate scientists think we DO have Global Warming. By 2050 it will be obvious which group of scientists, the majority or the minority, was right. That's a long wait.

Only 41 years, just a blink of the eye on a geologic scale.

Werbung:
I thought AlGore said back in the 70s or 80s that we would already have melted the ice caps and flooded Florida and world wide destruction.

Was that someone else I am remembering?

If he did, he was way ahead of his time. The science of global climate change was still in its infancy, with some scientists hypothesizing that the Earth could be entering an new ice age.

In this case, however, the jury is still out, as I noted, albeit the majority of climate scientists think we DO have Global Warming. By 2050 it will be obvious which group of scientists, the majority or the minority, was right. That's a long wait.
The earth's climate has never been static, its always changing and there have been periods of warming and cooling long before humans inhabited the earth. So mentioning that scientists believe we are in a warming period is irrelevant to whether or not that warming is caused by man.

Aside from that, lets say we do everything you want to do... India, China and other developing nations will not follow along and whatever reductions we achieve, will be overshadowed by their increases.

Everyone who thinks CO2 is responsible for global warming, should hold their breathe until they die. This will remove massive levels of CO2 production, not only from their constant breathing but also their entire carbon footprint.

Have the courage of your convictions... If you think CO2 is responsible for global warming, voluntarily end your participation in its production. If you don't think we pay enough in taxes, voluntarily overpay your taxes to the level which you think government should charge. If you want people to have a "Livable" minimum wage, start your own business and voluntarily pay your employees whatever you think is fair. If you don't think enough people have health insurance, voluntarily purchase health insurance for them out of your own pocket....

But you don't voluntarily do anything... You need government to force everyone to do what you want done, that way everyone is forced to suffer the same misery you were unwilling to suffer alone.

Casting the first stone is indeed something that was not in all texts.

But it would be blatantly wrong to say that there are a lot of important changes in the bibles.

The truth is the various texts generally present the same truth and are in high agreement with each other. Differences tend to be insignificant.

some tend to be very large though as well, but seems not to many christians care to look into them, they just pick what they want and ingore the other parts...

The earth's climate has never been static, its always changing and there have been periods of warming and cooling long before humans inhabited the earth. So mentioning that scientists believe we are in a warming period is irrelevant to whether or not that warming is caused by man.

Aside from that, lets say we do everything you want to do... India, China and other developing nations will not follow along and whatever reductions we achieve, will be overshadowed by their increases.

Everyone who thinks CO2 is responsible for global warming, should hold their breathe until they die. This will remove massive levels of CO2 production, not only from their constant breathing but also their entire carbon footprint.

Have the courage of your convictions... If you think CO2 is responsible for global warming, voluntarily end your participation in its production. If you don't think we pay enough in taxes, voluntarily overpay your taxes to the level which you think government should charge. If you want people to have a "Livable" minimum wage, start your own business and voluntarily pay your employees whatever you think is fair. If you don't think enough people have health insurance, voluntarily purchase health insurance for them out of your own pocket....

But you don't voluntarily do anything... You need government to force everyone to do what you want done, that way everyone is forced to suffer the same misery you were unwilling to suffer alone.

No, that won't work.

If you voluntarily refuse to exhale, you will die and your rotting corpse will add methane to the atmosphere, which is a more potent greenhouse gas than t he CO2 you exhale.

So, keep on exhaling.

some tend to be very large though as well, but seems not to many christians care to look into them, they just pick what they want and ingore the other parts...

Yes, some text changes do tend to be very large. I've been disturbed by some of the changes I've seen in most of the modern english translations when compared to the KJV that I grew up with. I've even heard the NIV translation referred to as the Nearly Inspired Version.

I don't really mean to pick on the NIV, although it is one of the worst offenders. When I compare the text of Math. 5, v.22 of all modern english translations that I've checked (NIV, ESV, NASB, and a few others), the KJV is the only translation (except NKJV) that includes the words "without a cause".

Of course, text changes are not restricted to the NT. In Deut. 19 v.15, The KJV and NKJV are the only versions I've checked that include the sin of the one who would rise to speak. A true interpretation of the text isn't even possible without that little bit of text.

Most textual changes that I've noticed all seem to make the bible politically correct as opposed to theologically relavent.

No, that won't work.

If you voluntarily refuse to exhale, you will die and your rotting corpse will add methane to the atmosphere, which is a more potent greenhouse gas than t he CO2 you exhale.

So, keep on exhaling.

They will die anyway... May as well go out now rather than draw the whole thing out, producing CO2 the whole time and creating a Carbon Footprint to sustain their lives.

They will die anyway... May as well go out now rather than draw the whole thing out, producing CO2 the whole time and creating a Carbon Footprint to sustain their lives.

True, but if they remain above the grass for a few more years, they can spend their spare time planting trees, thus offsetting their total carbon footprint.

That is, as long as they don't drive around in a giant SUV in the meantime.

Even if Global Warming is as serious of a problem as some people claim, its effects will only last, at most, a few million years. Our species will be long gone - extinct, by then.

Al, Wright, Jesse, and Hagee are indeed preaching to morons.
...And, the Good-Brother Pat is fleecing everyone-else!!

Then there are the the kind that wear their lack of morality like a badge of honor that think that this isn't "old news".....

And then there are people who educate themselves and have a mind of their own, something else foreign to a lot of 'non moralists" ... like graduation from High School.

FAITH UNDER FIRE
Graduating students defy ACLU
Seniors stand and recite Lord's Prayer

Posted: June 05, 2009
10:45 pm Eastern

By Bob Unruh
© 2009 WorldNetDaily
Aw, jeez....WorldNutzDaily.....whatta resource. :rolleyes:

Unlike Christianity, the MMCC crowd is using the power of government to force me to live my life as though I believe in their fairy tale. I find that just as objectionable as I would Christians forcing me to live as though I was a Christian.
If you're trying to "sell" the benefits of being a self-centered pr!ck, you're gonna have to work a little-harder than that!​

Werbung:
Back