The Bizzaro Thinking of a Republican

Greco

Associated Press published the story today that Gov. Mark Sanford will reimburse South Carolina the amount of $12,000 for his trip to Argentina to visit his mistress.

Ok, that's one take on it. The reality is somewhat different. This weasel started an affair, got caught, kept it going and his wife told him to move out. He went A.W.O.L. from his job. He lied to his staff about where he was. He charged the trip to his state, then only after getting caught, now says he'll "reimburse" the state. In the real world, not the distorted "I'm entitled" Republican thought process, anyone that that took off unexplained from work for that period of time, lied to everyone about it, then was discovered to have charged $12,000 to their employer so they could go get some on the side.... well whadda ya think would happen next?

Werbung:
Associated Press published the story today that Gov. Mark Sanford will reimburse South Carolina the amount of $12,000 for his trip to Argentina to visit his mistress.

Ok, that's one take on it. The reality is somewhat different. This weasel started an affair, got caught, kept it going and his wife told him to move out. He went A.W.O.L. from his job. He lied to his staff about where he was. He charged the trip to his state, then only after getting caught, now says he'll "reimburse" the state. In the real world, not the distorted "I'm entitled" Republican thought process, anyone that that took off unexplained from work for that period of time, lied to everyone about it, then was discovered to have charged $12,000 to their employer so they could go get some on the side.... well whadda ya think would happen next?

Let us not forget that this wasn't the first trip to Argentina...the accounting for the number of trips has only yet begun!!!

So when Mark Sanford stood before the media and was asked point blank during that...'Tearful/Painful/Gut wrenching full disclosure' emotional, highly questionable, display of contrived wording/spin..."yes, I paid for my own trip"...it was another LIE??? :eek: Well, isn't he just the gift that keeps on giving???

Couldn't agree with you more on the shameless attitude and the illegal conduct. In my opinion, toss him out of office, audit him, and prosecute him to the fullest extent of the law.

The part I don't get is what does this have to do with being a Republican? Both parties have had their fair share of liars, cheats, and thieves. What we need to do is to stop defending our own and persecuting the other side. Let's prosecute them in the same manner we would be held accountable and hold them accountable for the job they are getting paid to do.

Even Sarah Palin has an acount for this. It is called a political action commitee. Considering the cost, he of course flew first class down to meet his mistress. Even Palin was wise enough to create a fund for these sort of incidental costs.

If they were a Democrat, they'd have been applauded loudly by their Democrat constituency, and appointed to higher committees! If it were discovered that they had been doing drugs, they'd be considered a major contender for a presidential run.

I robbed a bank, when the cops stopped me, I gave it back...so I should not be charged right? I mean I gave it back lol

Great analogy...LMAO

Franklin said: Couldn't agree with you more on the shameless attitude and the illegal conduct. In my opinion, toss him out of office, audit him, and prosecute him to the fullest extent of the law.

The part I don't get is what does this have to do with being a Republican? Both parties have had their fair share of liars, cheats, and thieves. What we need to do is to stop defending our own and persecuting the other side. Let's prosecute them in the same manner we would be held accountable and hold them accountable for the job they are getting paid to do.

Can't speak for the majority...but I think that all of us jump on the "can't they quit doing this SH!T BAND WAGON" regardless of what party they are from! And as the due process goes forth...the illegal activity will be taken care of accordingly...{keeping my fingers crossed anyway} :D

"The part I don't get is what does this have to do with being a Republican?"

He was being groomed as a possible Republican presidential candidate. We don't need another stupid Republican president. Been there, done that with Dubya. We don't need another crooked Republican president. Been there, done that with "I am not a crook." Tricky Dicky.

If they were a Democrat, they'd have been applauded loudly by their Democrat constituency, and appointed to higher committees! If it were discovered that they had been doing drugs, they'd be considered a major contender for a presidential run.

OH QUIT IT!!!!!!!!:D

Every single time you open your mouth you just prove you own hypocrisy.

The Right's closeted Holier than thou hustlers rant & rave & proselytize about how much better you are than everybody not in their own little Right Wing Holey Roller click... and then when you of course get REPEATEDLY CAUGHT you point the finger...

You guys started all of this... for Christ sake be a man an just admit it!!! How many times have your cronies pulled out the...

Well... well... maybe I was caught smoking crystal meth with a male prostitute but, but, but look at what Bill Clinton did.

Well... well... maybe I was trolling for gay stall sex in a airport restroom but, but, but look at what Bill Clinton did.

Well... well... Maybe I was trying to sexually seduce a few male Congressional pages but, but, but look at what Bill Clinton did.

WE ALL THOUGHT IT WAS A PERSONALLY BAD THING WHAT CLINTON DID! It had nothing to do with his job performance hell the man still left office with a 68% approval rating compared to Bush's 22%. Why... Because he did his JOB well.

But no one on the Democratic side "liked it or approved of it".

I'll make deal with you right here and know. If the Right as a group climbs down off that finger wagging, cross bearing, high horse they so love to prance around on...

I'll never, NEVER say another word about any Republicants sexual escapades gay or straight! You're not made of Teflon if you insist on dishing it out then quit whining when you have to take it.

But you can't take that bet can ya... because you know witch hunting, smearing and fearmongering is your main hole card. It's not just the Left... even moderate Republicans are saying you guys are loosing it!

"The part I don't get is what does this have to do with being a Republican?"

He was being groomed as a possible Republican presidential candidate. We don't need another stupid Republican president. Been there, done that with Dubya. We don't need another crooked Republican president. Been there, done that with "I am not a crook." Tricky Dicky.
They've pretty-much blown-their-wad on the whole cowboy-trip, as well.

:rolleyes:

OH QUIT IT!!!!!!!!:D

Every single time you open your mouth you just prove you own hypocrisy.

WHAT "hypocrisy"? Where exactly have I defended any criminal activity by ANY politician, regardless of political affiliation? You really should buy a dictionary and study before using words you don't know the definition of!

The Right's closeted Holier than thou hustlers rant & rave & proselytize about how much better you are than everybody not in their own little Right Wing Holey Roller click... and then when you of course get REPEATEDLY CAUGHT you point the finger...

You guys started all of this... for Christ sake be a man an just admit it!!! How many times have your cronies pulled out the...

Well... well... maybe I was caught smoking crystal meth with a male prostitute but, but, but look at what Bill Clinton did.

Barney Frank???

Well... well... maybe I was trolling for gay stall sex in a airport restroom but, but, but look at what Bill Clinton did.

Gary Studds???

Well... well... Maybe I was trying to sexually seduce a few male Congressional pages but, but, but look at what Bill Clinton did.

Gary Studds again???

WE ALL THOUGHT IT WAS A PERSONALLY BAD THING WHAT CLINTON DID! It had nothing to do with his job performance hell the man still left office with a 68% approval rating compared to Bush's 22%. Why... Because he did his JOB well.

Lying to the American people on national television, and under oath to Congress doesn't have anything to do with his job?? I could care less if Bill Clinton was doing interns 3 at a time, on the Oval office furniture, but he LIED about it, to us, and to Congress, and THAT is what I objected to more than anything else. Oh, and the only reason Bush left with such a low approval rating is due directly to 8 years of unrelenting LIES and smears by people like you and your sycophants in the lamestream media.

But no one on the Democratic side "liked it or approved of it".

I remember literally HUNDREDS of Democrats who did, or at least public ally defended him, regardless of the lies.

I'll make deal with you right here and know. If the Right as a group climbs down off that finger wagging, cross bearing, high horse they so love to prance around on...

I'll never, NEVER say another word about any Republicants sexual escapades gay or straight! You're not made of Teflon if you insist on dishing it out then quit whining when you have to take it.

But you can't take that bet can ya... because you know witch hunting, smearing and fearmongering is your main hole card. It's not just the Left... even moderate Republicans are saying you guys are loosing it!

Considering that you've constructed your offer in such a way that it cannot be accepted, or course I have no choice but to decline, but I do have a counter-offer; If YOU will climb down off of YOUR finger wagging high-horse and cease and desist the intellectually dishonest smears, I won't make any either (I would say that I'd stop, but considering that I haven't started, that's moot).

Werbung:
WHAT "hypocrisy"? Where exactly have I defended any criminal activity by ANY politician, regardless of political affiliation QUOTE]

well I had to dig way back, like a few posts, and see you deffending Larry Craig as doing nothing wrong....though he broke the law and confessed to it...but you say did nothing wrong.

Back