The Complete Homelessness Timeline...who's to blame?

ASPCA4EVER

Land of the JAYHAWKS-ROCK CHOCK Jayhawk, KU
http://library.thinkquest.org/07aug/00518/photos/timeline-final.gif

timeline-final.gif

Is it conceivable that in our attempt to help/aide mankind that we have created the housing problem...if we had not authorized the amendments/provisions/assistance that we have in our nations past then just exactly where would we be today? What would suburbia look like?

Werbung:
News Release: "President Bush and Housing and Urban Development Secretary Mel Martinez announce more than one billion dollars to help the homeless-largest assistance in U.S history!" (HUD, 2001)
Back when our small company was making good money, my part-time job was lucrative and my husbands health was still excellent...I guess things like this just didn't mean much to me at the time! Or as we all seemed to be reeling from the after shock of 911 this just didn't seem to matter in the large scheme of things...but now I look back in retrospect and see how all throughout our last 50 some odd years that 'WE' have placed such an importance upon 'HOME OWNERSHIP' as if it was a necessity instead of a luxury that some just shouldn't/couldn't afford and that the stigma of just renting wasn't such a horrible option...at least you had a roof over your head and a safe place to call your own!

GOOD GRIEF...we've been enabling the poor to spend money on things that they just wouldn't be able to maintain/or pay for! :(

Back when our small company was making good money, my part-time job was lucrative and my husbands health was still excellent...I guess things like this just didn't mean much to me at the time! Or as we all seemed to be reeling from the after shock of 911 this just didn't seem to matter in the large scheme of things...but now I look back in retrospect and see how all throughout our last 50 some odd years that 'WE' have placed such an importance upon 'HOME OWNERSHIP' as if it was a necessity instead of a luxury that some just shouldn't/couldn't afford and that the stigma of just renting wasn't such a horrible option...at least you had a roof over your head and a safe place to call your own!

GOOD GRIEF...we've been enabling the poor to spend money on things that they just wouldn't be able to maintain/or pay for! :(

YES!! G.W.Bush every now and then went "liberal" on us and destroyed our economy!! In his second term he appeared often times to be drunk on- the juice of nutty liberalism! In fact it was the FAILURE by G.W. that greased the track making it possible for the Man-Child Obama to become our President without really telling us what he would do. Now, that we have "seen his scheme", We first PUKE then as a nation turn right!!
The State of our UNION is dangerously flashing RED!! Forget about hearing any answers in tonights "Prompter echos", one cannot TRUST Obama , one cannot BELIEVE Obama , one cannot RESPECT, Obama.
Without TRUST, BELIEF,and RESPECT, why waste ones time listening to a proven FAILURE! ----KENYA understand ?----"ALWAYS"

Werbung:
YES!! G.W.Bush every now and then went "liberal" on us and destroyed our economy!! In his second term he appeared often times to be drunk on- the juice of nutty liberalism! In fact it was the FAILURE by G.W. that greased the track making it possible for the Man-Child Obama to become our President without really telling us what he would do. Now, that we have "seen his scheme", We first PUKE then as a nation turn right!!
The State of our UNION is dangerously flashing RED!! Forget about hearing any answers in tonights "Prompter echos", one cannot TRUST Obama , one cannot BELIEVE Obama , one cannot RESPECT, Obama.
Without TRUST, BELIEF,and RESPECT, why waste ones time listening to a proven FAILURE! ----KENYA understand ?----"ALWAYS"

The average Joe and Jose deserve a lot of the blame. I shopped houses for a couple of years as the bubble was bursting, and just want to share two episodes I witnessed that (to me at least) sum up the housing problem.

1) A nice couple from El Salvador who were day laborers somehow managed to secure a $600K loan for a house in the D.C. Suburbs. 16 people from 4 separate families lived in this house, but when the economy started going south, they couldn't pay their rent, so the house went into foreclosure. Bank forced them to offer the house for short sale, and we put in an offer. Bank forced them to accept after a couple weeks of stalling. We were two weeks from closing when they declared bankruptcy and halted the deal. I was out more than a grand, and they got to stay in the house (payment free) until the court decided whether they should keep it, or lose it (they eventually lost it, but I didn't get it, nor did I get my money back).

2) A guy bought an investment home and doubled down and refinanced at the inflated housing values. He used the money to practically pay cash for a new home that he lived in. Then, when it turned out he couldn't flip his investment property, he just walked away from it--no loss to himself.

Bottom line--we can't JUST blame the government. We've too many unethical neighbors.

Back