The Conservative Hypocrisy...

Furious George

I've been into Politics and Debate for a little over 4 years now, and if there's one thing I've learned, it's that a lot of the less educated/experienced Conservatives think they are 'Patriots' why Liberals like me are Flag-burning-anti-Americans. I've heard everything. Just today I was told I was a condescending asshole with a 'supieriority complex'.

The fact is--Liberals, if anyone, are the most Patriotic group I can think of. This country is Democratic, Democracy meaning freedom, and that freedom includes freedom of speech, and more specifically, the right to dissent.

Werbung:
I remember sitting down debating politics with Jim and he said something that hit the nail on the head.

Sorry Jim if I botch this, it was last summer when we had this discussion.

The majority of conservatives want to control the morality of the world and let business run amok. The majority of liberals want to do the complete opposite.

Even though I myself fall somewhere in the middle ground, I agree with Jim's words on both conservatives and liberals. that is one of the better descriptions I have heard.

Brandon said:
I remember sitting down debating politics with Jim and he said something that hit the nail on the head.

Sorry Jim if I botch this, it was last summer when we had this discussion.

The majority of conservatives want to control the morality of the world and let business run amok. The majority of liberals want to do the complete opposite.
And then you have those who are more libertarian.
wiggle.gif

I would like to think that I am more to the left just because the right has gone so far over the edge and the middle simply doesn't exist any more. I think it is a good point that conservatives have gone on to proclaim mastership over all that is controllable. It is bothersome however that more liberals don't stand up.

Those are the petty, animal rights activists. I would never stand up for a smoking ban, but I would encourage people to actively engage in procedures to *quit* smoking. They have a personal decision, and as I stated, Government involvement in people's personal decisions' is never a good thing.

Furious George said:
Those are the petty, animal rights activists. I would never stand up for a smoking ban, but I would encourage people to actively engage in procedures to *quit* smoking. They have a personal decision, and as I stated, Government involvement in people's personal decisions' is never a good thing.

what I want to know is, what exactly are you blaming animal rights activists for? I am an AR activist and I just fail to see any connection between smoking bans and AR...

I just feel at this current moment in time, that there are much more important things that we should be worrying about than animal rights. For instance, Global Warming. It's estimated that BILLIONS of people are going to die because of Global Warming by the end of the century. I agree, animals are living creatures, and should definitely have rights, but you're spreading yourself too thin when you campaign for these causes. Here's a list of what I feel is at least one hundred times more important than animal rights;

-Islamic Fundamentalism
-Global Warming
-Economy (For instance, cost of living is up, inflation is rising, gas prices are creating stagnancy, and the current economy only benefits those that are in the upper echelon.)
-Stem cell Research (If Federal Grants were provided, Stem Cell Research would be in it's advanced stages, and we could cure serious ailments. My family is host to several forms of cancer, and otherwise terminal illnesses, and it pains me to think that they won't be cured because of some hypocritical, and often controlling agenda.)
-National Security (Our National Security is a joke. Just over 6 months ago, State Official snuck enough radioactive material into this country to make two dirty bombs. This was a test done by our own compatriots to prove to us how insecure our borders really are.)
-Poverty
-Poor Education System (Japan is cruising by us with their excellent education system. We need to model our Education system after Japan's, and in the process will create a surge in intellectualism. Right now, our current Education System breeds only ignorance. I found out about the joys of Politics on my own. My school taught me nothing. Not even the basic civic duties, such as voting and paying taxes.)

Only after we solve these problems, or attempt, will I campaign for such things as Animal Rights and Veganism. (I happen to be both)

global warming is caused in part from methane gasses from factory farming.. (human and animal issue)
poverty could be helped with the implementation of farming programs using grain that would have been used on the farming of animals. also if factory farming was cut, more of the starving people of the world could be fed with that grain.

my point is, there are many common threads between human and animal rights issues and i fail to see how you as 'both an ARA ad a vegan' cannot understand that the world is bigger than one persons agenda.
by saying that the issues you listed are 'at least 100 X more important' you are feeding the ignorance that is already everywhere. you can worry about more that one issue at a time, that's why we have complex brains.

Werbung:
global warming is caused in part from methane gasses from factory farming.. (human and animal issue)

Global Warming, does not exist, in the way most people think it does. Global Warming, as a by product of Greenhouse effect, DOES exist. And FYI: Mount Saint Helens expelled more co2 gas than humans have in the past 5 years. It's a natural cycle, but the fact that we pollute daily, only will make the next ice age come at a more rapid pace. The Earth has historically gone through Warming/Cooling off stages, so this is nothing new.

poverty could be helped with the implementation of farming programs using grain that would have been used on the farming of animals. also if factory farming was cut, more of the starving people of the world could be fed with that grain.

I'm sorry, but grain isn't sustenance.

my point is, there are many common threads between human and animal rights issues and i fail to see how you as 'both an ARA ad a vegan' cannot understand that the world is bigger than one persons agenda.

I'm not saying we should be limited to my agenda, but those are issues that are much uneasing, and require more attention than say Animal rights. As I stated, I am for Animal Rights myself, but when you have a Global War against a religious sect gone awry, I fail to see why I should give any credence to the fact that animals are being mistreated. Let's worry about the animals, after we do something with the group of 100,000,000 idiots who want to prevent anyone who isn't Muslim from breathing. After that, we can then address the many social stigmas plaguing our country.

by saying that the issues you listed are 'at least 100 X more important' you are feeding the ignorance that is already everywhere. you can worry about more that one issue at a time, that's why we have complex brains.

These issues ARE more important than Animal Rights. Face it. When you have a large unemployment rate, millions fo homeless Americans, a religious sect condeming you to death, and much, much more, I fail to see where Animal Rights should deserve any of my time. Along with the Right's version of these unimportant issues. (Flag Burning, and making English the official language, as if it weren't already)

Back