The Constitution...better than Charmin?

you think it could pass? do you know anything about politics or do you just randomly guess at this stuff? because its a zero percent chance, anyone who knows anything about polling, politics, and laws, knows this is a Zero chance bill.

If two years ago you told me a man could drum up the kind of money obama did I would have said you are crazy. If two years ago you told me this man would be practicily worshiped by his followers I would say you are crazy, if two years ago you told me a guy with the seedy connections he has could get straight to the white house with a halo, I would say you are crazy.

All that happened and more. The people in power and voting can find no flaw in this man. They see another FDR, they see JFK they see honest Abe when they see obama. I can see them doing something they would normally never have done.

I am not saying its going to happen, I am just saying I wont rule anything out after all I have seen the impossible already.

Werbung:
If two years ago you told me a man could drum up the kind of money obama did I would have said you are crazy. If two years ago you told me this man would be practicily worshiped by his followers I would say you are crazy, if two years ago you told me a guy with the seedy connections he has could get straight to the white house with a halo, I would say you are crazy.

All that happened and more. The people in power and voting can find no flaw in this man. They see another FDR, they see JFK they see honest Abe when they see obama. I can see them doing something they would normally never have done.

I am not saying its going to happen, I am just saying I wont rule anything out after all I have seen the impossible already.

I haven't heard that Obama supports this Constitutional Amendment - have you? How about flag burning? How about the amendment banning gay marriages? I read someplace that more time is spent in Congress discussion these Amendments that really have a snowballs chance in hel! of becoming law - that time spent discussing meaningful subjects like tax reform or social security reform.

It seems that both sides are fond of such trivia - and bringing up in a forum where one would hope to see some degree of intelligence is disappointing as well.

I haven't heard that Obama supports this Constitutional Amendment - have you? How about flag burning? How about the amendment banning gay marriages? I read someplace that more time is spent in Congress discussion these Amendments that really have a snowballs chance in hel! of becoming law - that time spent discussing meaningful subjects like tax reform or social security reform.

It seems that both sides are fond of such trivia - and bringing up in a forum where one would hope to see some degree of intelligence is disappointing as well.

Again, I hope that you and PFOS and Bunz are right. I worry about the draft too. Charile Rangel has brought it up a couple of times, he also voted against his own bill but one day I worry that the climate will be different and it will pass.

I love it. When republicans want term-limits lifted for a republican president, it's a good idea. When the dems want the same thing, it's a bad idea.

When republicans suspend habeus corpus, it's a good idea. When democrats want to abide by the Laws of Nations, it's a bad idea.

When republicans want to gag the press, it's a good idea. When democrats want more open goverment, it's a bad idea.

And so on...

What is "good" and "bad" about the Constitution is obviously a matter of perspective. And this is why the Founding Fathers took great pains to write it how they did...to keep nefarious trends from becoming fascism. This is a Nation Of the People By the People and For the People...only... Our elected officials are public servants, not prom queens. It's time they wake up and smell the Constitution...every single word of it front to back.

I love it. When republicans want term-limits lifted for a republican president, it's a good idea. When the dems want the same thing, it's a bad idea.

When republicans suspend habeus corpus, it's a good idea. When democrats want to abide by the Laws of Nations, it's a bad idea.

When republicans want to gag the press, it's a good idea. When democrats want more open goverment, it's a bad idea.

And so on...

What is "good" and "bad" about the Constitution is obviously a matter of perspective. And this is why the Founding Fathers took great pains to write it how they did...to keep nefarious trends from becoming fascism. This is a Nation Of the People By the People and For the People...only... Our elected officials are public servants, not prom queens. It's time they wake up and smell the Constitution...every single word of it front to back.

I dont want them lifted for anyone. If I had my way there would be term limits on the senate and congress both! everyone gets two terms.

Its a bad idea no matter who is in power

This sort of bill gives both sides a chance to posture. Truely a dream bill for a politician. Very little chance of ever becoming law, but one that allows both sides to suck up to their core constituencies.

At least while they are wasting their time with this bill, they aren't doing any real damage.

This sort of bill gives both sides a chance to posture. Truely a dream bill for a politician. Very little chance of ever becoming law, but one that allows both sides to suck up to their core constituencies.

At least while they are wasting their time with this bill, they aren't doing any real damage.

good way to look at it :)

at least they aren't doing any real damage. Lets think of some more bills to fill their time :)

I never jumped on a bandwagon, I simply replied to someone else thread. and pointed out my distrust in the mindless zombies who follow after obama like a god or messiah.
Ah yes, the zombies, I was merely pointing out that this bill dates all the way back to 2005, and was introduced by a DNC zombie, when OMG Congress was run by the GOP and Massa Bush was at 1600Pennsylvania. Those co-conspirators must have known 4 years ago that the Messiah was on his way and just starting to make way for the coronation of King Obama.
if there is a problem with me posting to someones thread then ban me now bunz,
I have zero interest in banning you. I dont even have the ability to ban anyone. I dont think you have ever even gotten a warning from me, much less an infraction.
if not then leave me alone and go make a new thread about the evils of sarah palin! She has to have done something new that is evil and wrong, its been a whole week since you have bashed her
LOL, I have never called her evil...but either way, I am critical of Palin when she deserves it, and I offer her praise when she deserves it.

Werbung:
Didn't you say the same thing about the H.R. 45 bill on gun control just a few threads ago? Awful optimist considering democrats kinda own everything currently. You see this as typical political posturing... I see it as the beginning of a trend.
OK, maybe I should clarify, while HR45 is likely DOA, a bill to repeal the 22nd Amendment, is not DOA, it is body laying in the street. You do realize of course that repealing a current amendment, takes a new amendment. Which requires a 2/3 vote of both houses in Congress and ratified by 3/4s of the States. I will eat my fur hat if this makes it out of even a single house in Congress.
Mark my wordz Bunz,... even one of these bills passed has the potential of devastating American Lifestyles. Since these are the only bills i see being passed up... Its not looking hopeful for the future.
Words marked...I dont disagree with you, and I hope neither pass. I just dont think either have much of a chance at all of that happening. I would be willing to bet all $800 bucks of my life savings:D on a single roulette game by betting 00 in Vegas that thinking either of these bills have a realistic chance of passing.

Back