The Crumbling GOP

Sihouette

For some reason my daughter had Fox news turned on this AM. She says she likes to keep up on the dullard commentary in order to have talking points with the NASCAR (they pronounce it "Nashcar") crowd she is forced to work around..

Anyway..

She left it on and I just happened to turn around and see their announcement for a series they're starting on "TV and Presidencies". Some supposed documentary about how TV and presidencies "grew up" together.

The one clip they showed to lure people in was of the Clinton/Lewinsky scandal. What they're actually up to is trying to re-rally their base by bashing democrats and singing the high songs of praise of republicans, I gather from watching the promo..

In ordinary circumstances we could just write this off. But I can't shake the feeling that they're trying for another version of the "KILL HIM" Palin rally, under the benign wraps of a mere documentary. Kid you not, the promo for their series was a clip of Clinton's famous denial of Lewinsky and then a closeup picture of her semen-stained dress. They're going to milk that setup clear into the 22nd Century. Are they trying to fan flames of hatred against the current incoming democrat? This is how they rally their base? Hatred? Really? The "christian" right??

And they wonder why their party is no longer palatable to many former members. Here's a tip gang (and I mean "gang" literally): Many of your base are actually practicing christians who have read and UNDERSTAND the passages describing Jesus where he taught peace, personal reflection and loving thy enemies...

And why are the democrats their enemies? Are they trying for another civil war? They are predominantly southern harkening currently...

Hmmm..... The Devil is behind them. The Bible did warn that in the end times the antichrist would come cloaked as "a true believer", yet lay waste to the land.

How is that possible? I think the GOP is showing us just exactly how..

People also learned about the hypocrite in the Bible. And this is why the GOP will not survive. True, there's a lot of hate out there to fan, instead of diminish as Jesus taught. But there just isn't enough hate left anymore to make up the numbers necessary to win elections.

Too bad, try another tack..

Werbung:
In order to bridge the dichotomy between what the Bible says to do and what the GOP is actually up to, you either have to be incredibly gullible, stupid and without a micron of self-reflection...a true sheep of sheep, or you have to be intelligent and grifting. In other words "evil".

Unfortunately, or fortunately, however you want to look at it, there are scores and scores of republicans who want to go to bed at night neither identifying with patent stupidity, nor being evil.

Eight years of hate by the dems toward President Bush and the Republicans and you post this? Please. *snicker*

Imagine feeling alarmed concern (to which the GOP immediately labels "hate" since it's all they're up to their own eyebrows in..) at a president who coerced a Supreme Court to grab power away from a democratically-won election, took away our Constitutional rights, lied to Congress about WOMDs to get at public money and arsenals to go steal oil from another sovereign nation, all under sickeningly ironic guise of "freedom", "liberty" and "democracy"?

You see, some of us read George Orwell's "1984". The Bush Administration was a de facto real-life screenplay of that book.

Keep lying to yourself. I've never seen more hate than I have the last eight years. BTW, the law disagrees with your rhetoric on the election.

Imagine feeling alarmed concern (to which the GOP immediately labels "hate" since it's all they're up to their own eyebrows in..) at a president who coerced a Supreme Court to grab power away from a democratically-won election, took away our Constitutional rights, lied to Congress about WOMDs to get at public money and arsenals to go steal oil from another sovereign nation, all under sickeningly ironic guise of "freedom", "liberty" and "democracy"?

You see, some of us read George Orwell's "1984". The Bush Administration was a de facto real-life screenplay of that book.

What exactly would you call putting a doll of George Bush in an electric chair as Halloween decoration?

How utterly weird the previous two posts are.

Meant to divert?
:rolleyes:

The facts are that evil and good are incompatible. And this unresolvable problem is what is destroying the GOP. ;)

How utterly weird the previous two posts are.

Meant to divert?

Meant to give perspective. Viewing Republicans as the only purveyors of "hate" ignores quite a bit.

The facts are that evil and good are incompatible.

You've obviously never read any postmodern literature. The prevalence of entities that embody conflicting dichotomies previously considered to be "impossible" mixtures is quite astounding, given a perspective far enough removed from any agenda aside from ascertaining truth - a process which, ironically, usually leads to the realization that "truth" itself is subjective.

The "fact" is that all constructs of "good" and "evil" are artificial ones, weakened by the vestiges and limitations of those that create them, and therefore malleable enough to be embodied at the same time any number of different ways.

In other words, don't rely too much on "good" vs. "evil." The whole thing will fall on your head, given rigorous thought.

And this unresolvable problem is what is destroying the GOP. ;)

Given the number of times that both parties have "fallen apart" and had to reinvent themselves, and given the fact that only fifteen years ago, during the so-called "Republican Revolution," the Republicans were making a ground-breaking resurgence comparable to the one the Democratic Party is currently experiencing (if not quite as large).

The main problem is that the Democratic Party lacks direction. Whether the general (and quite vague) "change" statement evolves into policy direction well will only be decided after Obama takes office; for now, the vague but pleasing sound of the message was enough to bring the Democrats to power, but whether or not they stay there will be contingent upon whether or not talking about change turns into affecting change, on a literal level (I'd say they have the symbolic level covered), for millions of Americans. Four years doesn't make a gigantic difference in who is going to the polls, so the same bunch of people who voted George Bush into the presidency for a second term four years ago just voted Obama into office. If you honestly think they can't or won't under any circumstances go back to the Republicans, you may find yourself with a wicked surprise.

I leave whether or not that's a "good" thing up to you.

How can a person discuss something be so ignorant? Only Republicans are evil and only Dems are good?

Why don't you respond about the hate for the last 8 years coming from the dems?

Keep dreaming sweetie. The GOP is far from gone. I personally like that ignorant people think it is. Hopefully, all dems will begin to "think" like you do!!!

Feel free to create another thread, "sweetie" about the democratic party. This one is about the real and actual disintegration going on as I type this of the GOP.

Seems if I was a republican, I would want to know the nature of the damage before I went to repair it?

Or is illogic the same remedy applied to every situation? Fear-mongering won't save you this time. It's time to get out the microscope and see where you went wrong...:cool:

A recent poll indicated large numbers of regular (as opposed to sporadic) church-going christians opted to sit out this last election. The dichotomy must be bringing quite a lot of spiritual pressure on local pastors eh? ;) In other words, how does a pastor, after years of sweet devotion to the loving concepts of his Lord Jesus Christ, sit down the week before and write a sermon for Sunday that teaches his flock instead to wage hatred, fear and war against enemies of "America" (BigOil). In other words, with all that praying and all that soul-searching, the local pastors will find themselves choosing between the Devil and God.

In layman's terms, it means the pastor will find himself choosing between the BigOil agenda and it's fake label of fundamentalism. Talk about a crises of faith. People tend to not like those, and to shy away from anything that forces it upon them..

You mean the era where we had the most prosperity ever and all the GOP could do was bash Clinton right and left...then wind up hiring that trollup Lewinsky to expose Clinton's private life as mega-fuel for the GOP hate-machine?

Those 90s? Yeah, I remember them too.

Hate and malicious intent are not christian values. The christians claim the right. The right is infested with hate and malicious intent. They are the masters of it, the initiators of it. Hate and christianity cannot coexist.

Therefore the GOP is doomed.

You mean the era where we had the most prosperity ever and all the GOP could do was bash Clinton right and left...then wind up hiring that trollup Lewinsky to expose Clinton's private life as mega-fuel for the GOP hate-machine?

Those 90s? Yeah, I remember them too.

Hate and malicious intent are not christian values. The christians claim the right. The right is infested with hate and malicious intent. They are the masters of it, the initiators of it. Hate and christianity cannot coexist.

Therefore the GOP is doomed.

Please name something Clinton did to grow the economy. What actual policy did he pursue that resulted in the technology boom that he happened to preside over?

Why do you think going back to his tax rates will somehow bring back the tech boom?

Sih, you speak in absolutes. Clue, they don't exist in politics. Many people in both parties have Christian values. Stop the lying on hate not coming from the dems for the past 8 years.

Are you trying to blame Clinton's failings with lewinsky on the Republicans? Are you serious? LMAO I voted for Bill, twice. He was a good president. I could care less about his private sexual choices, but to try to excuse him and blame it on the Republicans is stupid and misguided.

Werbung:
Eight years of hate by the dems toward President Bush and the Republicans and you post this? Please. *snicker*

8 years of dumb idea, bad decisions, poor leadership, and doing nothing to help most Americans....so yea oddly we don't care for him

cuz it was a lovefest for the 8 years of dem rule...of course it was over worthless crap most of the time, not real issues like war, a horrible econ, CIA Leaks, and such...but yea Blow jobs are just as important...

Back