The Crumbling GOP

Sih, you speak in absolutes. Clue, they don't exist in politics. Many people in both parties have Christian values
Ah, but they do exist in religion.

You see, the religious christian F-U-N-D-A-M-E-N-T-A-L-I-S-T-S have made the GOP their main hangout. When that hangout begins to diverge in an undeniably overt way towards dark intent, then a huge part of that group will soul-search and leave...based on absoultes...their own unchangeable edicts. In the truly devout, faith comes first and politics second.

That may surprise you. But I understand it.

Werbung:
In ordinary circumstances we could just write this off. But I can't shake the feeling that they're trying for another version of the "KILL HIM" Palin rally, under the benign wraps of a mere documentary. Kid you not, the promo for their series was a clip of Clinton's famous denial of Lewinsky and then a closeup picture of her semen-stained dress. They're going to milk that setup clear into the 22nd Century. Are they trying to fan flames of hatred against the current incoming democrat? This is how they rally their base? Hatred? Really? The "christian" right??

"Hatred"??? This coming from a lib, the people who spent EIGHT YEARS spewing more vile, hatred, lies, and defamation at Bush than any person in history has endured. :rolleyes:

"Hatred"??? This coming from a lib, the people who spent EIGHT YEARS spewing more vile, hatred, lies, and defamation at Bush than any person in history has endured. :rolleyes:

Lib have you not learned anything in the last 8 years? When they lie, spew hate and attack it is called Patriotic Dissent.

Its only hate when a republican does it. :)

or anyone in general who disagrees with them

That may surprise you. But I understand it.

Funny, you don't post as if you understand much at all...especially about absolutes. You have used them in this very post.

You are nothing more than a name caller and hypocrite. Your party has sewn more hatred and vomited more vile than any time in history.

pffft...you spout nothing more than useless rhetoric...

It's funny, the gyrations induced when a fundamental flaw is challenged.

C'mon. You guys know your party is in trouble. I'm telling you why and you're telling me to shove it. Let me guess, you're the same types that go to the doctor with an infected toe and tell the doctor she's a hater and a meanie because she wants to lance it.
:rolleyes:

You know devout christians make up a good party of your party. Yes?

OK, agreed.

And you must assume that at least some of them have read the Bible? Yes..

Good, still on the same page.

And you must assume that at least some of them have read the passages that talk about turning the other cheek, loving thy neighbor and forgiving thine enemies? Yes...

Good.

Now, put those three givens together with what the GOP has been up to the last 8 years... :cool:

Still don't see any problems?

BTW, I don't have to be anything at all to point out the above. Forget the messenger for one nano-second and focus on the message. Logic is beautiful that way. It heals. I've given you an insight into your party's woes. Let's see what you can do with it..

The POINT I was discussing was hatred. Eight years of it toward President Bush. You have gone off on some analysis of the GOP. I highly doubt anyone cares about your opinion on the subject.

"Gone off on some analysis of the GOP"

You might want to recheck the title of this thread...lol..

So to summate your insights...you are saying that the crumbling of the GOP is due to "hatred" from democrats agaist poor innocent BushCo, and not due to internal dichotimies of the fundamentals of the christian religion clashing with GOP agendas that have flown in the face of those religious edicts?

Wow, I didn't know we had that much power.

I thought surely that the GOP might be crumbling due to some internal conflict. They've been such a strong and solid party. But I guess they saw McCain get corrupted and use slime tactics to try to defeat the dem ticket and assumed it was the dems putting pressure on him to do so?

It is the corruption within the GOP that is turning off its base pal. You can try to divert this topic as much as you want, but I'll be returning to that theme over and over until it sinks in.

Christianity is not compatible with the GOP agendas. Fatal flaw alert..

In order for the GOP, whose base is largely christians, to survive...you must either rewrite the GOP agendas or rewrite the Bible. You tried to rewrite the Constitution. Who knows? You might actually have the brass orbs to try to rewrite the Bible?..

It's been done before for political agendas...certainly wouldn't be the first time..

Again. You blabber on and on. I didn't read more than the first few sentences.

*I* posted about hatred by Dems to President Bush...you responded with an analysis of the GOP. Who cares what you think of the GOP?

Let's see if you have understood anything...

*I* posted about hatred by Dems to President Bush...you responded with an analysis of the GOP. Who cares what you think of the GOP?

Look at the thread title and the original post UON. The thread was supposed to be about the GOP. Sihouette created the thread with that intent.

So to summate your insights...you are saying that the crumbling of the GOP is due to "hatred" from democrats agaist poor innocent BushCo, and not due to internal dichotimies of the fundamentals of the christian religion clashing with GOP agendas that have flown in the face of those religious edicts?

Interpretation, especially fundamentalist interpretation, of religious edicts is highly subjective. Could theological theory in this country be portrayed in different lights in order to highlight one party or the other? Sure. When it comes to religion, no one person is "right" - everyone interprets it differently, and, I've found, rarely with the pursuit of "truth" in mind.

Wow, I didn't know we had that much power.

Another of the reasons Bush's approval ratings are so low is that many fiscal conservatives aren't thrilled with his out-of-control spending.

Don't get me wrong - religious "discomfort" with certain Republican policies has probably played a role in the defeat of the Republican Party. I just wouldn't call it an overwhelming cause. It might not even be in the top five.

I thought surely that the GOP might be crumbling due to some internal conflict. They've been such a strong and solid party. But I guess they saw McCain get corrupted and use slime tactics to try to defeat the dem ticket and assumed it was the dems putting pressure on him to do so?

I don't think McCain really had much to do with the election. Strange statement, right? By the time the actual election rolled around, it was hard to see John McCain as the gutsy non-partisan politican he'd once been. He wasn't enough of himself - and got tied too closely to Bush, whether that's fair or not - to be a viable force in the election. The real force was the past eight years - and that Bush has become disliked by so many people.

Christianity is not compatible with the GOP agendas. Fatal flaw alert..

From your point of view. It is whether or not that point of view is shared by enough people that counts. Can you provide evidence that it is?

In order for the GOP, whose base is largely christians, to survive...you must either rewrite the GOP agendas or rewrite the Bible. You tried to rewrite the Constitution. Who knows? You might actually have the brass orbs to try to rewrite the Bible?..

There are all kinds of Christians, Sihouette - those who only go to church when they remember and can spare the time and those who live to study Scripture and attend services, and everyone in between. Fanatics, couch potatoes, and the average lay person who decides for himself just how important religion is in picking a political candidate for president.

And in any case, no rewriting would be necessary - just reinterpretation.

Good points oh Supermoderator! (And thank you for reminding the resident derailer of the subject at hand ;) )

Let's look at them.

Could theological theory in this country be portrayed in different lights in order to highlight one party or the other? Sure. When it comes to religion, no one person is "right" - everyone interprets it differently, and, I've found, rarely with the pursuit of "truth" in mind.
I was waiting for this reply. The polls showed that many of the regular-attending, scripture-reading x-tians chose to sit out the election. That's what we call a "protest". They were protesting something. Was it a conflict of values? Could be...

The thing about christianity is that there is very little wiggle-room when it comes to its basic edicts. Basic edicts can be sort of boiled down to the 10-commandments handed down by God Himself.

Let's revisist those, shall we? [italics GOP]

ONE: 'You shall have no other gods before Me.' [unless that God be capitalism (money)]

TWO: 'You shall not make for yourself a carved image--any likeness of anything that is in heaven above, or that is in the earth beneath, or that is in the water under the earth.' [unless that image be the trappings of wealth]

THREE: 'You shall not take the name of the LORD your God in vain.' [unless it is to promote a political agenda]

FOUR: 'Remember the Sabbath day, to keep it holy.' [unless that interferes with your weekly planner]

FIVE: 'Honor your father and your mother.' [unless they're registered democrats]

SIX: 'You shall not murder.' [unless it's for oil]

SEVEN: 'You shall not commit adultery.' [unless in private]

EIGHT: 'You shall not steal.' [unless it's something you really want, like oil]

NINE: 'You shall not bear false witness against your neighbor.' [unless you need an excuse to invade their country for oil]

TEN: 'You shall not covet your neighbor's house; you shall not covet your neighbor's wife, nor his male servant, nor his female servant, nor his ox, nor his donkey, nor anything that is your neighbor's.' [with the exception of his oil]

You know, number ten is really the clincher here. It's explicit in it's language "You shall not covet...anything that is your neighbor's". and number eight, "You shall not steal."

The GOP, by providing false information to Congress to initiate an around-the-clock invasion of Iraq to steal its oil, all in the glory and worship of profiteering and under the guise of bestowing Goodness on a nation, has broken Commandments #1, #2, #3, #4, #6, #8, #9 and #10.

That only leaves #5 and #7. And I'll wager that for most GOP politicians we really only have them honoring their father and mother...maybe...

I guess technically since they're honoring their father and mother, we could interpret that they still are "christians". Though the more basic Commandments that are rampantly broken, the more the name "christian" starts looking like "do what thou will, shall be the whole of the Law". And that happens to be the creed of Satanism.

Hence the dichotomy I spoke of. The trouble with "interpretation" of concise and unwavering rules like the Ten Commandments is that once you begin reinterpreting the Word of God to suit your agenda, you replace God's commandments with your own.

And, well, God doesn't like competition...according to the Bible. So hence the problem christians face with still being members of the GOP..

It's funny you know...That Commandment #4 is like the gateway drug to Satanism. One puff of working on a Sunday and the next thing you know, you're justifying killing your neighbor and mainlining his oil.

It's the damndest thing..

Actually, I should correct that last statement. It should read "one puff of working on The Sabbath..."

*steps up to pulpit*

ahem...

I believe that God intended for us to take at least one day off out of seven for a good and specific reason. God knows that men must eat, they must pay their bills and keep a roof over their heads. Yet God also knows that men must not become preoccupied with these tasks. Preoccupation of one direction breeds ignoring another. And I believe that God had in mind that we take one day of seven to reflect on our work; what our hands have made, what we accomplished on our Blackberries, at stockholders' meetings and at the factories. Taking one day of seven serves the purpose of reflection. It interrupts the voice of Satan that speaks to us the most loudly when we are preoccupied with our earthly tasks. It resets our ambitions and goals by providing the silence in our minds to allow God's voice to penetrate through.

Satan knows that if men can be convinced to break one of the Ten Commandments, then surely they can be coerced to justify "modifying" or "reinterpreting" the other nine...

This last eight years has shown us just how far those justifications can go.

We must take one day of seven to interrupt our routines, our striving, our grasping and lusting...our gluttony and addiction to stuffing our mouths, our wallets, our prostitutes, and yes, our gas-tanks. We must think about the direction our "reinterpretations" have taken us. If we just performed this weekly maintenance on our spiritual hard-drives, it would be less easy for that good old virus "Satan" to enter through a trojan horse and lull us into believing that nothing is wrong...until the blue screen of death suddenly pops up, as if unannounced..

*steps down from pulpit*

So I'm just wondering if there are any GOP moles here who also are devout christians?

Would you kindly weigh in and tell me how I'm wrong about the GOP agenda being in direct conflict with most of the Ten Commandments?

I'm actually looking forward to this rebuttal. I'm a big fan of contortionists..:p

For some reason my daughter had Fox news turned on this AM. She says she likes to keep up on the dullard commentary in order to have talking points with the NASCAR (they pronounce it "Nashcar") crowd she is forced to work around..

Anyway..

She left it on and I just happened to turn around and see their announcement for a series they're starting on "TV and Presidencies". Some supposed documentary about how TV and presidencies "grew up" together.

The one clip they showed to lure people in was of the Clinton/Lewinsky scandal. What they're actually up to is trying to re-rally their base by bashing democrats and singing the high songs of praise of republicans, I gather from watching the promo..

In ordinary circumstances we could just write this off. But I can't shake the feeling that they're trying for another version of the "KILL HIM" Palin rally, under the benign wraps of a mere documentary. Kid you not, the promo for their series was a clip of Clinton's famous denial of Lewinsky and then a closeup picture of her semen-stained dress. They're going to milk that setup clear into the 22nd Century. Are they trying to fan flames of hatred against the current incoming democrat? This is how they rally their base? Hatred? Really? The "christian" right??

And they wonder why their party is no longer palatable to many former members. Here's a tip gang (and I mean "gang" literally): Many of your base are actually practicing christians who have read and UNDERSTAND the passages describing Jesus where he taught peace, personal reflection and loving thy enemies...

And why are the democrats their enemies? Are they trying for another civil war? They are predominantly southern harkening currently...

Hmmm..... The Devil is behind them. The Bible did warn that in the end times the antichrist would come cloaked as "a true believer", yet lay waste to the land.

How is that possible? I think the GOP is showing us just exactly how..

People also learned about the hypocrite in the Bible. And this is why the GOP will not survive. True, there's a lot of hate out there to fan, instead of diminish as Jesus taught. But there just isn't enough hate left anymore to make up the numbers necessary to win elections.

Too bad, try another tack..

Getting hate crimes going is why more people than ever are turning in the remarks by these republican hate-mongering stations to the FBI than ever before...feel free to do so, too. They should be locked up for inciting hate crimes

Werbung:
Not moved. :p

Do you have a reply that marries the GOP agenda to the Ten Commandments or not? BTW, I was raised christian.

Back