The differences (or similarity) between the 99% and the tea party

Werbung:
Chris Hedges, the columnist, is being interviewed and says it as he sees it.

If he is correct (and he makes a lot of sense to me), this is truly an NON PARTISAN protest and could be infinitely MORE significant to our lives than anything we have seen in the last 40 years.

I guess people are waiting to see what the "party line" spin needs to be?

Any "independent thinking" left here? ;)

TEA Party is all about us being Taxed Enough Already. And people all over the agree on this even if they disagree on other things. This fellow seems to nothing about them apart what the liberal media require him to know.

TEA Party is all about us being Taxed Enough Already. And people all over the agree on this even if they disagree on other things. This fellow seems to nothing about them apart what the liberal media require him to know.

Well, I don't agree.

And I certainly do not agree with your "assessment" of this protesters.

You really should listen to some other form of news than Fox or Limbaugh! You are drowning in your ignorance of the reality that is developping every day.

I still have lots of doubts, I still do not know if I can believe in this new movement. . .it could become highjacked as the REAL ORIGINAL tea party was by extremists. But today, it is NOT. It is the REAL grassroot movement, and the fact that they are STILL developping a cohesive message (a fact that Fox News and people like yourself take so much pleasure in belittleling and making fun off) is NOT an indication that they have nothing to say, or that they don't know what they want. . .it is a direct consequences of a REAL grassroot movement, one that is not "CREATED" by politicians to serve their needs, but a movement that spring from the disatisfaction and pain of REAL people. of every race, of every religion (or none), of every age, of every political party (or none), of every sexual orientation, and of many social classes and intellectual abilities.

You may be missing the boat, so focus you are on those two, single minded goals: get rid of Obama and keep your pennies for yourself!

....could be infinitely MORE significant to our lives than anything we have seen in the last 40 years.
If they achieve their goal of crashing the entire financial system of America, then it will be very significant indeed.

Wall-Street-patrol-car.jpg

Yes, that really is an "Occupy" protestor taking a dump on a NY city squad car.

If they achieve their goal of crashing the entire financial system of America, then it will be very significant indeed.

Yes, that really is an "Occupy" protestor taking a dump on a NY city squad car.[/QUOT

Not to be crude, but he must have been constipated, because I don't see any "dump!"
Not quite the right position either, since he is leaning on the car. . .where there should be "free flow!"

Joke apart, The city should provide porte potties. Just think, that's what it's like to be homeless and not have even enough to walk in a cafe to buy a cup of coffee and use their bathrooms!

And if the GOP has it's way. . There will be MORE homeless, and our "sensitivities" may have to get use to such Unsavory displays!

Not a pretty picture, just the same. . . But ANYTHING to attempt to discredit what could potentially dwarf the tea party! :rolleyes::)

Yes, that really is an "Occupy" protestor taking a dump on a NY city squad car.

I have talked to lefties here locally and none of them realize the goal is to collapse the financial system. I doubt half the useful idiots protesting realize the goal either.

Joke apart, The city should provide porte potties. Just think, that's what it's like to be homeless and not have even enough to walk in a cafe to buy a cup of coffee and use their bathrooms!

The city should NOT provide bathroom facilities to a group that already refuses to do something as simple as getting a permit to protest.

The city should NOT provide bathroom facilities to a group that already refuses to do something as simple as getting a permit to protest.

Their occupation has prevented the private owner of the property of performing any normal maintenance for three weeks. This is not a city owned park so the city is not responsible for it.

Well, I don't agree.

Astounding : )

And I certainly do not agree with your "assessment" of this protesters.

Astounding : )

You really should listen to some other form of news than Fox or Limbaugh! You are drowning in your ignorance of the reality that is developping every day.

I listen to neither (nor read nor view). I did however read the manifesto you pointed out on another thread.

I still have lots of doubts, I still do not know if I can believe in this new movement. . .it could become highjacked as the REAL ORIGINAL tea party was by extremists. But today, it is NOT. It is the REAL grassroot movement, and the fact that they are STILL developping a cohesive message (a fact that Fox News and people like yourself take so much pleasure in belittleling and making fun off) is NOT an indication that they have nothing to say, or that they don't know what they want. . .it is a direct consequences of a REAL grassroot movement, one that is not "CREATED" by politicians to serve their needs, but a movement that spring from the disatisfaction and pain of REAL people. of every race, of every religion (or none), of every age, of every political party (or none), of every sexual orientation, and of many social classes and intellectual abilities.

They have already been hijacked their general sense of unhappiness with the financial system and it's cozy relationship with the governmenthas been blurred with unrelated things (equality amendments, election change etc). Not to mention the union influences. And I already showed proof from a protestor of some "protestors being paid.

You may be missing the boat, so focus you are on those two, single minded goals: get rid of Obama and keep your pennies for yourself!

The economy cannot be repaired with Obama in office.

Agreed.

Part of the permit process requires that the organizers of the event provide facilities based on the number of people they expect to show up and as for the city... They've already spent $2 million babysitting these lawless goons.

When the Tea Party protested, they got permits, they set up sanitary facilities, they didn't need additional city resources to babysit them, there wasn't a single arrest, and they actually left the areas where they protested CLEANER than they found them.

The comparison between the Tea Party protests and the Occupy Wall Street protests begins and ends at a large group of people.

Agreed.

Part of the permit process requires that the organizers of the event provide facilities based on the number of people they expect to show up and as for the city... They've already spent $2 million babysitting these lawless goons.

When the Tea Party protested, they got permits, they set up sanitary facilities, they didn't need additional city resources to babysit them, there wasn't a single arrest, and they actually left the areas where they protested CLEANER than they found them.

The comparison between the Tea Party protests and the Occupy Wall Street protests begins and ends at a large group of people.

So. . .you want a TRUE grassroot event to "plan" ahead for porte potties and how many participants they will have?

Well, I don't know about you, but if a group of protester is able to figure that out BEFORE it happens. . .maybe they're just not REAL grassroots?

Actually, you are a giving a very good exemple of WHY the tea party (as it resurected itself in 2009, not the "original, libertarian" one, was really NOT grassroot, but was already being manipulated by "power that be" in the GOP!

So. . .you want a TRUE grassroot event to "plan" ahead for porte potties and how many participants they will have?

Well, I don't know about you, but if a group of protester is able to figure that out BEFORE it happens. . .maybe they're just not REAL grassroots?

Actually, you are a giving a very good exemple of WHY the tea party (as it resurected itself in 2009, not the "original, libertarian" one, was really NOT grassroot, but was already being manipulated by "power that be" in the GOP!

They planned which park to occupy (the private one the owner could not easily get them punted from. Grassroots does not mean ad-hoc by the way.

Werbung:
If you apply for a permit to hold a rally, then yes, you are required to organize necessities such as food, water, and sanitary facilities for the people who attend your rally. That's is exactly what the Tea Party had to do in order to hold legal protest rallies.

What you're saying is that in order to be considered a "REAL" grassroots movement, the protestors must break the law.

If only your penchant for conspiracy theories worked both ways... Then you would question whether or not the Wall Street protests were also being manipulated from the very beginning....

Back