The Disaster

Again you are not making any sense. 53% voted for Obama. It makes sense for you to disdain most of them. McCain got 46%. Those are the ones you should not disdain. Those were the ones I was referring to. If Republicans could win over about 4% of the centrists, then you would have a win at 50%.

However if, as you say, you don't give a crap about whether Republicans win or not, then you have no options, except ranting and whining, or praying or whatever you do. "Real conservatives" probably number at no more than 25%, so if you are Christian, you might have a hard time here in the US. If you are Muslim you might think about other countries where religious conservatism is in the majority.

Werbung:
Again you are not making any sense. 53% voted for Obama. It makes sense for you to disdain most of them. McCain got 46%. Those are the ones you should not disdain. Those were the ones I was referring to.

Uh,no, you said:

You seem to have a great disdain for the people of America.

If Republicans could win over about 4% of the centrists, then you would have a win at 50%.

However if, as you say, you don't give a crap about whether Republicans win or not, then you have no options, except ranting and whining, or praying or whatever you do. "Real conservatives" probably number at no more than 25%, so if you are Christian, you might have a hard time here in the US. If you are Muslim you might think about other countries where religious conservatism is in the majority.

I happen to be an agnostic, and, once again, I don't much give a crap about the republican party till they come to their senses. Ever since Reagan, they've nominated RINOs. What I care about is conservatism, not the damn republican party. If they can turn themselves into quasi-democrats and get elected, what value is that to me?

If the majority of people in this country want to live under liberal statism, there's nothing I can, or should, do about it. What this touches on is something I used to bring up when I moved in libertarian circles - what are the actions of a rational man in an irrational society? I never heard anyone offer anything better than anticipate what will happen based on your knowledge of the mindset of the rulers, and plan accordingly as far as possible to protect yourself, with some others adding that it is frequently possible to game an irrational government.

As I've already indicated, the american people are about to get a huge lesson in the nature of leftism, and that will speak louder than anything I can say or do.

"Real conservatives" probably number at no more than 25%, so if you are Christian, you might have a hard time here in the US. If you are Muslim you might think about other countries where religious conservatism is in the majority.

If anyone is "Christian" they are going to have a hard time in the United States??? Are you serious?

Might I remind you that our country was FOUNDED by those escaping FOR RELIGIOUS FREEDOM?

There are millions of Christians in America today.

obama ended his speech with GOD BLESS AMERICA.

So what are you rambling about?

The majority and their respect can kiss my hairy ass. They're screwing themselves over. :rolleyes: I've never been one to stand in the way of that - bend over and spread 'em, Mr. and Mrs. america. :D Conservatives, a thinking group, will find individual ways to protect themselves against the botgovernment.

Well at least you probably got the hairy ass thing right.:eek:

Now if we could only get you to add you have poor judgment and a worthless mean spiritedness we'd have the whole picture.:)

Thank God for the thinking American people & President-elect Obama!

Everyone is just rushing to call everything "whining" when the majority of comments are nothing of the sort.

Well come on though Rob the guy just got elected in a pretty darn big way... won't even be in office until January 20th to make a difference outside of the fact the whole darn world is waving American flags and chanting how great America is...

and I don't see much of a understanding or even semi-congratulatory tone here (not to say there isn't some). But it does sort of appear that in this case for the most part if the Right isn't still in full hate speech mode they are whining.

But that's just my observation I guess. I guess I could go through and count all the comments. Na... that would probably just make it worse.

The 44th President of The United States of America will be President Obama and I think he'll only endear himself to moderates and Independents even more over his time in office. That's my hope.

Hope away! That's what you were sold!

You should know that people who understand personalities are betting against you.

They are stating that obama is the type that wants to make everyone happy. He will go out of his way to try and get those against him, for him. This will only happen with policy.

It will be interesting to see.

Oh, I get ya - my country has just suffered an historic, devastating setback

Yet the rest of the world is celebrating that historic, devastating setback and commending the american people for their choice of President.

We're just crushed............:cool:

10. Huge numbers of uneducated middle and lower class white people, who apparently think (all historical evidence to the contrary notwithstanding) that statism is the answer to all their problems. Boy, will they be surprised.

QUOTE]

Hate to burst your completely delusional bubble, but quite simply, the real facts don't support your argument about education level and support of Obama. This is according to Gallup:

"Obama attracted the highest level of support from postgraduate educated Americans (64%) of any recent Democratic candidate. Four years ago, 53% of this group backed Kerry, fairly typical of the historic pattern. Obama also made gains among college graduates and those with only some college. The only group to show a decline in support for the Democratic nominee in 2008 was those with no college education."

Libsmasher,
OK, right, I misread your thinking. You don't give a crap about the current Republican party, and I presume that you mean that you do give a crap about the Republican (read conservative) voters.

If the majority of people in this country want to live under liberal statism, there's nothing I can, or should, do about it. What this touches on is something I used to bring up when I moved in libertarian circles - what are the actions of a rational man in an irrational society? I never heard anyone offer anything better than anticipate what will happen based on your knowledge of the mindset of the rulers, and plan accordingly as far as possible to protect yourself, with some others adding that it is frequently possible to game an irrational government.

This brings me back to my original post:

Many of the early Bushies have dispersed - Rove, Ashcroft, Gonzales, etc. The rest of them will disperse on January. The Republican machine is now in shambles. Far right Christian conservatism will not work anymore. Government ties to big business and the wealthy may be giving way to movements of the lower and middle class people. If you want to gain the respect and vote of the majority again you need to start talking about a new paradigm.

What I was trying to tell you is that here is your chance to support rebuilding the Republican party to something you can respect. If you are Libertarian, then there is not much hope for that party. You might try posting and arguing why Libertarianism is good for everyone. Then there can be a fruitful discussion here. Of course there will be a lot of flaming from idiots that don't really have anything constructive to say. But that is par for forums like this.

Oh, I get ya - my country has just suffered an historic, devastating setback - but I'm supposed to be a "good sport" about it, as if it were merely losing a football bet at a gentleman's club??????

I'm sure it makes more sense to ***** and moan about it for the next 4 years.

But of course, now you get a taste of what many Americans have felt like for the last 8 years. I agree - it's not fun. I was in a minor depression for a while after Bush won (well...I don't know about "won" the first time, actually), but you know what? Life goes on. We all had to "deal with it", so now it's your turn. The simple fact is that most Americans and the International community don't agree with you. That's OK - sometimes I don't agree with most Americans either. Sometimes I find the "minority" position to be enlightening. So, you can continue to grumble (and I include myself in those that grumbled after Bush won) and continue to hope for the best. :)

If you are Libertarian, then there is not much hope for that party. You might try posting and arguing why Libertarianism is good for everyone.

Not difficult. Libertarianism supports the rights of the individual as prescribed in the Constitution, not to be encumbered by government or pidgeon holed special interest. Is there something that is BAD about that?

If anyone is "Christian" they are going to have a hard time in the United States??? Are you serious?

Might I remind you that our country was FOUNDED by those escaping FOR RELIGIOUS FREEDOM?

There are millions of Christians in America today.

obama ended his speech with GOD BLESS AMERICA.

So what are you rambling about?

What you say is obviously true. If you would put my quote back in context you will see:
"Real conservatives" probably number at no more than 25%, so if you are Christian, you might have a hard time here in the US.
I was referring to real conservative Christians, such as those who want to put Creationism in high schools. You should have seen that when I referred to 25%. The US is about 90% Christian. Your "millions of Christians" are actually about 270 million. I don't know if you were purposely taking what I said out of context or what. Generally I respect many of the posts you make.

Finally, I really don't understand how conservatives think. My assumption that Republicans are mostly conservative Christians, and Democrats are more moderate Christians is most likely wrong.

On a busy intersection on Saturday before the election I was waving an Obama sign, standing next to someone waving a McCain sign. I asked him why he was Republican and an interesting conversation ensued. He had to leave after 15 minutes, so we had to end the conversation and he offered to shake hands. I was hoping to continue this sort of conversation on this forum, but my hopes may be too high.

What do you tell your children to do when they are beaten at sport by another team ?

You tell them to go and shake the hand of the players in the other team.

Comrade STalin

Well I disagree with this theory that someone one team lost and another team won. Unless you are not an American, in which case, I don't really care much...

But provided you are in America, we both lose or win together. If one of us lost, we all lost. Do you think the economic policies that effect you will not effect me, or conversely? Of course not.

Yesterday, everyone lost. The only difference is, half the population doesn't know it yet.

Of course, this is possibly premature. Perhaps Obama could do something good.... I'm not betting on that. I wager he'll be more like Carter and FDR.

Its time to start undermining the Obama administration and calling for impeachment.... that was the reaction from the Left toward the victorious Bush administration.

I disagree. I fully supported Clinton until he started breaking laws and making bad policy. (granted that required about one month in office...)

I hope Obama does well. There is no reason to undermine anything. Let his policies speak for themselves. Maybe he can get us back to gas rationing like Carter.

Please forgive me for misinterpreting what you wrote. *peace* I was surprised at your post as I've always enjoyed reading what you write.

I'm always up for a solid conversation as I appreciate learning from others about their views...unless they are mentally unstable! LOL

I guess, I don't look at being a "real conservative Christian" the same way you do. I consider a Christian to be either Rep or Dem, not either or.

It seems our nation is being ripped apart by the loud mouthed left and right...who the MAJORITY of Americans don't agree with!!!

I'm Christian, but believe that abortion is a personal choice. God gave us the right to chose, right or wrong. Government was created partly to protect individual rights, that don't overlap on others rights. Which is why partial birth abortion of a viable 8 month on child is on my hit list to never allow again in our nation. Also, if an aborted infant actually lives post abortion (yes this happens) then they deserve to get medical care, just as any other citizen. obama did not vote in favor of these infant citizens in either case.

Werbung:
Yet the rest of the world is celebrating that historic, devastating setback and commending the american people for their choice of President.

We're just crushed............:cool:

OF COURSE "the world" is celebrating:

- The islamofascists are jumping with joy - they know there is now nothing to impede their takeover of the whole middle east

- The chinese couldn't be happier - they can make great gains in space weaponization w/o a US response

- The euroweenies are delighted, they know REAL US influence will now rapidly decline and their's will ascend

- The Russians are beside themselves with happiness - the whitehouse will contain a wuss who will be too stupid and gutless to stop their project to retake the former soviet republics

- The cubans are positively giddy - 50 years of policy isolating one of the last exceptionally bad communist states will end, and at no price to them

Back