The DOS Conspiracy

Dr.Who

One of the political sites I read regularly (and I admit it is very biased) was down this morning for about three hours.

They said:

"- From the magnitude of the attack, this is most likely a Distributed Denial of Service attack - which means that whoever initiated the attack did so by directing infected PCs from around the world to hit AT. It is very likely that people who own these computers do not know their machines were used for this purpose."

and

they quoted:

"Update: A former senior internet engineer at a major American corporation writes:

"I can tell you this was carefully planned weeks or months ago -- this sort of thing takes lots of money, time, and organization. Sobering to say the least. Some AT articles must have pissed off multiple powerful constituents. "

I guess I just never knew that this is one of the reasons that people create viruses. I always imagined either a lone maverick or Chinese industrial espionage.

I guess this means that politically motivated big players here in the states are willing to spend a lot of money for what seems to me not much of a return. More spite than anything.

What are your thoughts?

Werbung:
Back