The Double Talk Express

Popeye

Keith Olbermann last night documented many of John McCain's flip flops. You may not like the messenger but I challenge anyone to refute the message.

Werbung:
Big whoop... Like Obama isn't a flip-flop artist as well... thats part of being in politics.

I don't really care what McCain "Says" his position is... He has a long record that establishes where he comes down on issues - Most of which I disagree with.

Actually, this is the first thing from Popeye (the "Defamation Express") about McCain that isn't a crude lie or distortion.

McCain HAS changed his positions and moved to the right.

But wasn't Obama against FISA before he was for it? :D

I dont care if someone changes positions so much so long as they can explain why. I doubt anyone on here can say they always held the same views. And with Bills theses days its easy to support it...and then not, as they get changed and things added or taken away that makes it no longer workable.

That said I do worry about McCain getting to cozy to the Christian Right, after all they are the reason I left the Republican Party.

I dont care if someone changes positions so much so long as they can explain why. I doubt anyone on here can say they always held the same views. And with Bills theses days its easy to support it...and then not, as they get changed and things added or taken away that makes it no longer workable.

That said I do worry about McCain getting to cozy to the Christian Right, after all they are the reason I left the Republican Party.

That's assinine - it's actually the DEMOCRATS who have been getting cozy with the Christian right, and Obama has recently met with some of their leaders.

That's assinine - it's actually the DEMOCRATS who have been getting cozy with the Christian right, and Obama has recently met with some of their leaders.

I think I understand your debating style now:

A: Your side is ____.
B. No, it is YOUR side that is ____.

On what basis could you possibly imagine an alliance between the Christian right and the Democrats?

Aw, who listens to the lamestream media? It's just a bunch of liberal propaganda, don't you know?

The real question is: Does anyone seriously think the Democrats can woo the evangelicals successfully?

who said you have to woo them? You just have to make them less fired up to vote for McCain. For everyone that does not vote Republican that normally would, its a vote for Obama basically. If they change its like 2 votes. Also the more he does try, the harder it makes it to attack him later for being anti Christian or some bull that they will try.

Aw, who listens to the lamestream media? It's just a bunch of liberal propaganda, don't you know?

The real question is: Does anyone seriously think the Democrats can woo the evangelicals successfully?

Everyone here is drawing a blank on this issue? Ya know, there's more to read out there than the latest defamation of McCain or the latest person to kiss Obama's butt. ;)

There have been no stronger supporters of the GOP in recent years than evangelicals, or more broadly, the religious conservatives. What have they gotten in return? Zip. Nada. Nothing. This has led some liberal strategists to think that they can lure some of them away based on parts of liberalism - eg, convincing that some welfare state ideas, and ecofascist ideas (repackaged as "caring for God's gifts to man") are consistent with Christianity.

Everyone here is drawing a blank on this issue? Ya know, there's more to read out there than the latest defamation of McCain or the latest person to kiss Obama's butt. ;)

There have been no stronger supporters of the GOP in recent years than evangelicals, or more broadly, the religious conservatives. What have they gotten in return? Zip. Nada. Nothing. This has led some liberal strategists to think that they can lure some of them away based on parts of liberalism - eg, convincing that some welfare state ideas, and ecofascist ideas (repackaged as "caring for God's gifts to man") are consistent with Christianity.

The bottom line to all of this is that the evangelicals are focused on two issues:

Abortion, which, of course, they want outlawed. No president can outlaw abortion, of course, but some just might want to appoint activist judges that would help them impose their values on the rest of America.

Gay marriage, which, of course, is totally out of the perview of the federal government anyway.

Democrats tend to be on the wrong side of those two burning issues, so it is unlikely that they are going to woo the evangelicals unless they are willing to change their platform, and alienate a large part of their current base.

It is quite amazing how issues that really don't matter a whole lot can be the pivotal point for elections, but that's how it is.

The bottom line to all of this is that the evangelicals are focused on two issues:

Abortion, which, of course, they want outlawed. No president can outlaw abortion, of course, but some just might want to appoint activist judges that would help them impose their values on the rest of America.

Gay marriage, which, of course, is totally out of the perview of the federal government anyway.

Democrats tend to be on the wrong side of those two burning issues, so it is unlikely that they are going to woo the evangelicals unless they are willing to change their platform, and alienate a large part of their current base.

It is quite amazing how issues that really don't matter a whole lot can be the pivotal point for elections, but that's how it is.

The above is an example of libs being brainwashed by their own propaganda. :D

If I was on the Right I'd be VERY VERY worried about John McSame. Someone that has flipped on every major issue from the last time he ran for President could easily Flip back... and quite possibly will. Even though that would actually be better it shows the guy is just loosing his bearings. Could be old age. Could just be a last ditch desperation to win something. Either way not what America needs now in these bad Bush economic times.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oVWh5jO2Dxo

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jua_8BYS5ZE

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UAfYYUS-EYw

Yes it sucks to have only the choice between Slick and Oil Slick this November.

That's why if you're dissatisfied with either of those two candidates, you should write your superdelegates in the democratic party and urge them to change their pledge from Obama to Clinton for the vote in August.

It's fully legal and permissable for them to do so. And they're only waiting to hear from their constituents as to what to do.

Why hesitate? What have you got to lose? Everything, if you don't act soon.

Lists of superdelegates can be found by Googling your State's name and "superdelegates". Then just track them down by Googling their name and their position in your state. You should get a website with a contact address.

Good luck and God speed.. Do it today on our nation's birthday as your civic duty and Birthday Gift to our struggling nation..

Werbung:
[]If I was on the Right I'd be VERY VERY worried about John McSame.

That doesn't make any sense - are you getting confused in your old age? :D

Republicans have a choice between McCain, a deeply experienced leader who may flip back to the left, and Obama, the incompetent boy president for whom we have a gold-plated guarantee will deliver the most leftwing government the US has ever seen.

Back