The fear mongering campaing!!

XCALIDEM

It looks like Obama and Pelosi continue to use their power in order to scare people to buy into their ridiculous spending package. It's really a terrible thing when you use people's misfortunes in order to accomplish your hidden agendas....:mad:

Obama visits Ind., compares crisis to Great Depression

By Mimi Hall, USA TODAY
ELKHART, Ind. — President Obama, highlighting what he says is a desperate need to boost the nation's staggering economy, told this distressed northern Indiana city on Tuesday that if Washington politicians will stop bickering, help will be on the way for this struggling community and others across the country.
"The situation we face could not be more serious," Obama told a town hall-style meeting at Concord High School. "We have inherited an economic crisis as deep and as dire as any since the Great Depression."

Taking his case for an $800-plus billion stimulus package to the people, Obama visited this city known as the nation's "RV capital," where the fast-shrinking industry has caused the fastest-growing unemployment rate in the country.

MORE STIMULUS NEWS: Obama visits job-starved Indiana
At 4.7% one year ago, Elkhart County's unemployment rate now stands at 15.3%.

Sounding like he was back on the campaign trail, Obama told the audience the nation "can't afford to wait" to fix the economy while millions of people around the country are losing their jobs.

"We can't wait and see and hope for the best," the president said. "I can tell you with complete confidence that endless delay or paralysis in Washington in the face of this crisis will bring only deepening disaster."

The $827 billion Senate version of the plan was likely to pass the Senate on Tuesday. However, it remained to be seen how much Republican support it would draw.

The legislation must be reconciled with the House version, which totaled $820 billion in spending and tax cuts.

Obama acknowledged the plan isn't perfect: "It's coming out of Washington, it's going through Congress," he said to laughter.

"But it is the right size, the right scope, and has the right priorities to create jobs that will jump-start our economy and transform it for the 21st century," the president said.

He also warned that even with the plan, things would not turn around overnight.

"Recovery will likely be measured in years, not weeks or months," Obama said. "But we also know that our economy will be stronger for generations to come if we commit ourselves to the work that needs to be done."

Scott Miller, 53, of Elkhart owns an industrial supply company that serves the RV industry and some medical companies.

"My business is half of what it was a year ago," he said Monday. If the stimulus bill doesn't help the economy, "I could be in trouble in three months."

Anita Hawkins, 32, of Elkhart, who has a job working with the disabled, said she knows many people who have lost their jobs or had their hours and pay reduced.

Talking before Obama spoke, Hawkins said she wanted to hear how the president will "get people back on their feet."

Obama's trip was part of a broad sales pitch for legislation making its way through Congress. He has given numerous television interviews and met with members of Congress one-on-one.

He plans a prime-time news conference from the East Room of the White House on Monday night.

Werbung:
Hmmm, I think all the liberals on this site are on vacation OR they can't comment on threads like these because they are so ashamed of themselves for voting for such a fraud!

what are we even suppose to say, its wrong that he is talking about the facts that the econ is in very bad shape and needs help? Good god you mean he as actually telling to the truth to people? ahhhhh nooooo! stop the insanity.....Its much better if he could just lie, and make things up, and then have the left call anyone who does not agree unpatriotic and say they hate America....

Telling Americans the Economy is in the **** hole, is not fear mongering...its the truth...I see it every day talking to customers and when I see my paycheck.

what are we even suppose to say, its wrong that he is talking about the facts that the econ is in very bad shape and needs help? Good god you mean he as actually telling to the truth to people? ahhhhh nooooo! stop the insanity.....Its much better if he could just lie, and make things up, and then have the left call anyone who does not agree unpatriotic and say they hate America....

Telling Americans the Economy is in the **** hole, is not fear mongering...its the truth...I see it every day talking to customers and when I see my paycheck.

Well, he can say: you will see light coming down from heaven, you will follow that light and at the end of the light there will be a pot of gold... halelluyah my brothers...

something like this:

Well, he can say: you will see light coming down from heaven, you will follow that light and at the end of the light there will be a pot of gold... halelluyah my brothers...

something like this:

You nailed it.

But he is just making stuff up.

He said that this economy is the worst since the great depression. Meanwhile of the many recessions we have had since the great depression two of them have been worse than this economy.

When asked about it he "changed" (because he stands for change) his tune to say that this is the most "profound" economy since the great depression.

What he needs to be saying is the truth: that while there have been bad indicators for the present economy for a while now what we are facing is some signs that this could turn into one of the worst economic crisis since the great depression.

Unfortunately, while that is true, it is not scary enough and since he promised while campaigning that he would not build his presidency on fear-mongering...he is going to go and fear-monger.

btw, who wants to bet that the AP reporter who asked him that question will be banned from further press conferences?

Obama is looking more like his predecessor all of the time.

Bush said we are facing a crisis in Iraq, that it is a rogue state that is in league with terrorists and has weapons of mass destruction. We are facing a crisis, so we must commit thousands of troops and billions of dollars to invade that nation, or we're likely to see one of our great cities become a mushroom cloud. (or words to that effect.)

Now, Obama is saying that we're facing an economic crisis that only the government can solve, and only by committing billions.

At least no one will be killed in Obama's crisis fixing plan.

The result of the government fixing these pending catastrophes is a national debt that already is over $30,000 per person, and is most likely to be more than twice that pretty soon.

Obama is looking more like his predecessor all of the time.

Bush said we are facing a crisis in Iraq, that it is a rogue state that is in league with terrorists and has weapons of mass destruction. We are facing a crisis, so we must commit thousands of troops and billions of dollars to invade that nation, or we're likely to see one of our great cities become a mushroom cloud. (or words to that effect.)

Now, Obama is saying that we're facing an economic crisis that only the government can solve, and only by committing billions.

At least no one will be killed in Obama's crisis fixing plan.

The result of the government fixing these pending catastrophes is a national debt that already is over $30,000 per person, and is most likely to be more than twice that pretty soon.

Correction, Obama is set to commit more troops to Afghanistan, which will = more casualties.

Correction, Obama is set to commit more troops to Afghanistan, which will = more casualties.

Obama has to commit more troops to Afganistan, and will no doubt do so, resulting in more casualties, correct.

It is not Afganistan he is talking about when he talks of an impending catastrophe, however, but the economy.

Not that the situation in Afganistan and Pakistan isn't a potential catastrophe, of course, but that wasn't what Obama's speech was about.

ah, hmm,ah yes, that is exactly what I promise to the people. I would get the troops out of Iraq in 16 months, but I forgot to tell you that I will send them for combat in Afghanistan... Thank you for believing in me.... :D

Werbung:
ah, hmm,ah yes, that is exactly what I promise to the people. I would get the troops out of Iraq in 16 months, but I forgot to tell you that I will send them for combat in Afghanistan... Thank you for believing in me.... :D

do you know how to add?

take all the troops out of Iraq...put 20,000 more (max suggested by Military and what Obama has has talked about)

Now tell me how many troops that leaves going back home?

Come on do it, its not that hard....give you a hint. over 100,000 US troops back home....

Maybe you just dont support the troops though.

Also again HE F-ING Said he was going to send more troops to Afghanistan 1000 times, try listening , its amazing the results...

Back