The Flat tax

Are you for The Flat tax or Other taxes?

• Yes, I Support The Flat tax

Votes: 2 40.0%
  • Yes, I Support The entertainers and pro athletes tax

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Yes, I Support The Executive corperate tax.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Yes, I Support The Executive corperate,entertainers and pro athletes tax

Votes: 1 20.0%
  • No, These taxes above are unfair

Votes: 2 40.0%

• Total voters

steveox

Whos against the flat tax? I am!!! I dont think they should add a national Sales tax unless they abolish state sales taxes. But i do favor corperate taxes. That means the top corperate excutive people pay extra taxes on their income. Its like taxing the rich. Im also in favor of Entertainers tax. That means Hollywood celebrites,TV News people and pro sports athletes who are making over $1,000,000 in salaries. They should pay an extra 20% on their income. That includes Pro Wrestlers who make over $1,000,000 in salaries

Werbung:
The super-high corporate taxes in this country harm everyone - eg, it's just one of the many job-killers liberals have invented.

As long as the taxes in this country approach or exceed 50% of the total personal income of the entire country (as it does today and has for the last generation or two), you're never going to find a taxation scheme you like. Why bother trying?

And BTW, as long as some people pay more in taxes than they get in benefits, while others get more than they pay for, you're never going to arrrive at a scheme that can be called "fair".

(Yes, that means progressive income taxes are VERY unfair.)

The original Constitution had a plan for personal taxation that was closer to being "fair" than any other we've seen. Anyone know what it was?

Silly thread... Seriously? Why ask what type of theft is more appropriate?

Theft ? Not really. If you don't care for it you can leave. If you disagree with what the government spends money on you have a voice in that too. Now imminant domain is another matter.

Fair tax m ight be fair if it addressed one's share equally. The offerings I've seen do not. The Fair Tax which is based on consumption does better at that but misses on the fair part by continuing the welfare aspects of the current model.

Fair tax is 30% Everyone pays but theres a problem middle class thinks 30% is too much. But 30% on the wealthy is too little.

Theft ? Not really.

Tell me then what is the taking of property without consent of owners? Its not like you have an option it isnt voluntary funding. If you refuse to fund them they come to your house with guns take your property (with lethal force if need be) and throw you in a cage

If you don't care for it you can leave.

Why so you dont have to hear something you disagree with? Silly statist showing his true colours.

If you disagree with what the government spends money on you have a voice in that too. Now imminant domain is another matter.
That idea is absolutely bonkers the people are not the government voting just gives you the illusion that you have a voice. Besides its MY MONEY my voice should be the only voice that matters when it comes to spending it.

Fair tax m ight be fair if it addressed one's share equally. The offerings I've seen do not. The Fair Tax which is based on consumption does better at that but misses on the fair part by continuing the welfare aspects of the current model.

Theft is never fair, theft is never morally justified and no reformation of theft will make it acceptable.

My Idea of Fair Tax.

1.No sales taxes
2.No Gas Tax
3.No Taxes on coummuncations

if you make under $30,000 a year salary you pay 0%
if you make over $30,000 a year salary you pay 20%
if you make over $60,000 a year salary you pay 30%
if you make over $120,000 a year salary you pay 35%
if you make over $300,000 a year salary you pay 45%
if you make over $1,000,000 a year salary you pay 55%

Now thats fair

Tell me then what is the taking of property without consent of owners? Its not like you have an option it isnt voluntary funding. If you refuse to fund them they come to your house with guns take your property (with lethal force if need be) and throw you in a cage

You give your consent by choosing to live here.

Why so you dont have to hear something you disagree with? Silly statist showing his true colours.

We aint all going back to hunter gatherer days. Civilization demands some organization.

That idea is absolutely bonkers the people are not the government voting just gives you the illusion that you have a voice. Besides its MY MONEY my voice should be the only voice that matters when it comes to spending it.

See hunter gatherer reference.

Theft is never fair, theft is never morally justified and no reformation of theft will make it acceptable.

I get that you dislike taxes, most do but mainly as they are needlessly high as government does far more than it was ever sanctioned to do.

You give your consent by choosing to live here.
Really I don't remember that in my rent agreement. I must of missed it in the "I herein consent to all the injustices of a state with no legitimate purposes."

We aint all going back to hunter gatherer days. Civilization demands some organization.
This comment has nothing to do with you wishing to force me from my home for disagreeing with the state.

Civilization would be far better off when we get rid of institutionalized violence.

See hunter gatherer reference.

Piss poor reference and obvious strawman.

I get that you dislike taxes, most do but mainly as they are needlessly high as government does far more than it was ever sanctioned to do.

Stop calling them taxes it is theft. I don't get a statist's constant need to give different names to the actions of the state than if people carried out the same actions.

Stop calling them taxes it is theft. I don't get a statist's constant need to give different names to the actions of the state than if people carried out the same actions.

I view taxes as a social contract between the government and the people. You might argue it is theft that the government makes you pay taxes, but would it not also be theft on your part to use roads and other services provided by tax dollars without paying taxes?

Now we can argue about how much we pay in taxes, but I don't agree with the idea that taxes are simply "theft".

I view taxes as a social contract between the government and the people. You might argue it is theft that the government makes you pay taxes, but would it not also be theft on your part to use roads and other services provided by tax dollars without paying taxes?

Now we can argue about how much we pay in taxes, but I don't agree with the idea that taxes are simply "theft".

Considering the government pays for it with stolen money that point is moot.

On the idea that it is not theft you have to ask your self this question. Is this willful funding, do you have an option?

From the viewpoint of taxes being a social contract, the money is no more stolen than someone "steals" from another person by expecting them to live up to their side of a contract.

On the idea that it is not theft you have to ask your self this question. Is this willful funding, do you have an option?

I do have the option to pay taxes. I can renounce my citizenship and leave, and then I am no longer party to the social contract, and pay no taxes.

Werbung:

Yes, you may leave the country. As yu chose to stay knowing the ground rules, its willful.

Back