The Forgotten Founders

Gipper

"[T]he Constitution ought to be the standard of construction for the laws, and that wherever there is an evident opposition, the laws ought to give place to the Constitution." --Alexander Hamilton

Werbung:
"[T]he Constitution ought to be the standard of construction for the laws, and that wherever there is an evident opposition, the laws ought to give place to the Constitution." --Alexander Hamilton

Good post. Thankfully things like stepping in and stopping the raping of the masses by THE robber barron healthcare giants is in there!;)

U.S. Constitution - Preamble
The Preamble

We the People of the United States, in Order to form a more perfect Union, establish Justice, insure domestic Tranquility, provide for the common defence, promote the general Welfare, and secure the Blessings of Liberty to ourselves and our Posterity, do ordain and establish this Constitution for the United States of America.

Interesting; but that interpretation of what the founding fathers 'TRULY MEANT' is as slippery as the religious fanatics telling all of us what the 'BIBLE REALLY MEANS'. When the 'RULE' of law was used to create new and improved laws the ones in power; ie land owners/commerce/railroad Barron's were the ones that had the education/law degrees/know how to manipulate the laws to their benefit...not the common man/woman.

We the worker 'B's' have never had much influence on the way that the laws were written...would you not agree?

Interesting; but that interpretation of what the founding fathers 'TRULY MEANT' is as slippery as the religious fanatics telling all of us what the 'BIBLE REALLY MEANS'.

What? Is that you my dear Dorothy? Where have you been?

Now do you really believe we can't know what the Founders TRULY MEANT? I mean really??:eek:

Oh how I have missed your wonderful silly posts.:)

Had another trip to Siberia and then family health issues...guess I can't call you a little goose-stepping-brown-shirt so maybe...we'd best just stick to our avatar names or your 'RIGHT-WINGED-BUDDIES' will just keep reporting my posts and ignoring yours ;)

Now do you really believe we can't know what the Founders TRULY MEANT? I mean really??:eek:
Yes, sadly...that's exactly what I mean...you can't apply a 18 hundreds thought process/word definition to each and every issue that we face in the 21st century...just doesn't work :rolleyes:

Oh how I have missed your wonderful silly posts.
Missed you to my little sweet sugar cube and I see that you've found a good photo of dear-dear Ronnie to use as your avatar! :cool:

Oh how I have missed your wonderful silly posts.:)

The personal taunting is hopefully duly noted.

I have not fogotten them. I beleive that the Constitution is our guide
of life in a country for Freedom. I beleive that we should abide by it
and never try to change it because it is the works of our Fathers before
us. It is the "American Dream" of the Fathers before us.

"There is a certain enthusiasm in liberty, that makes human nature rise above itself, in acts of bravery and heroism." --Alexander Hamilton

...and conversely there is little bravery or heroism without liberty...

Were these founders the people who got help from the native Americans and then committed genocide against them?

And whose ancestors made it into a film genre except with the roles reversed cos the audience is so stupid?

And nationalistic.

Absolutely correct. The United States is not, as so many seem to suppose, a democracy, but a constitutional republic. The supreme law of the land is the Constitution, not the will of the majority. It needs to be protected and adhered to.

Let's start by repealing the Patriot Act and the Asset Forfeiture laws, and putting an end to the war on drugs.

That should be a good beginning towards restoring lost liberties.

Good post. Thankfully things like stepping in and stopping the raping of the masses by THE robber barron healthcare giants is in there!;)

U.S. Constitution - Preamble
The Preamble

We the People of the United States, in Order to form a more perfect Union, establish Justice, insure domestic Tranquility, provide for the common defence, promote the general Welfare, and secure the Blessings of Liberty to ourselves and our Posterity, do ordain and establish this Constitution for the United States of America.

I must have missed that part in English Lit. where "promote" was defined as "provide", or where the term "general" meant all of what is needed at the expense of others.

As to justice, the left wing idea of "justice" is allowing a hotel cartel to confiscate your land so it can then use it to build a bigger habitation so it can pay more taxes to the city while you try to find a place to live at a comparable price.

Absolutely correct. The United States is not, as so many seem to suppose, a democracy, but a constitutional republic. The supreme law of the land is the Constitution, not the will of the majority. It needs to be protected and adhered to.

Let's start by repealing the Patriot Act and the Asset Forfeiture laws, and putting an end to the war on drugs.

That should be a good beginning towards restoring lost liberties.

I agree with much of your post. The problem is we are not following the Constitution. It is no longer the law of the land. We are governed by the whims of elitist politicians. Unless we return to a constitutional republic, we are screwed.

I agree with much of your post. The problem is we are not following the Constitution. It is no longer the law of the land. We are governed by the whims of elitist politicians. Unless we return to a constitutional republic, we are screwed.

Unless the voters wake up and smell the coffee, the pols well never pick the Constitution up, dust the footprints off of it, and put it back where it belongs as the cornerstone of liberty.

The price of freedom is eternal vigilance.

Unless the voters wake up and smell the coffee, the pols well never pick the Constitution up, dust the footprints off of it, and put it back where it belongs as the cornerstone of liberty.

The price of freedom is eternal vigilance.

So right and yet many Americans will gladly give up their liberties in the name of fairness. Sick. Very sick.

Werbung:
Back