The Gaza Strip

Sihouette

Weigh in here for the politics of the Israeli offensive.

Who is it again who backs Israeli politics?

Trying to think here...? :cool:

Werbung:
Im gonna let this run for awhile, but it might get merged with the existing thread. Sihouette, please expand on your thoughts to distinguish it from the other.

Oh, OK. Will do.

You know what this is don't you? Bushco knows they're ilk is going to get spanked and the oil monopoly (Iraq) diffused via alternatives...so they're behind the Israeli assault in order to piss off Iran (yes, Iran) and get Iran to make an offensive move...thereby giving "justification and impetus" for us to "retaliate" against Iran...it's more oil imperialism I'm afraid...

It's the old Bushco' "Can we invade Iraq yet?" MO...just insert "Iran" instead.

They aren't satisfied with ransacking our Treasury.. and the majority asserting its Will via the election of an alternative plan (in Barack Obama's administration)..no..

They want to continue "business as usual" via their Israeli buddies.

And people are saying we shouldn't try them as war criminals. I'll tell you..Bushco is the biggest set of diabolical Godless terrorists that have ever walked the face of the earth...if you think of the staggering implications of what they've done not only to our economy, but also millions of lives. Hitler and the Third Reicht ain't got nothing on Bushco..

Oh, OK. Will do.

You know what this is don't you? Bushco knows they're ilk is going to get spanked and the oil monopoly (Iraq) diffused via alternatives...so they're behind the Israeli assault in order to piss off Iran (yes, Iran) and get Iran to make an offensive move...thereby giving "justification and impetus" for us to "retaliate" against Iran...it's more oil imperialism I'm afraid...

They aren't satisfied with ransacking our Treasury.. and the majority asserting its Will via the election of an alternative plan (in Barack Obama's administration)..no..

And people are saying we shouldn't try them as war criminals. I'll tell you..Bushco is the biggest set of diabolical Godless terrorists that have ever walked the face of the earth...if you think of the staggering implications of what they've done not only to our economy, but also millions of lives. Hitler and the Third Reicht ain't got nothing on Bushco..

Unless this is a bit of intentionally ironic satire, it should probably be sent to the conspiracy theory forum.

No, it's not ironic satire and it's not a conspiracy theory. It's an observation based on what went on with the US Iraq invasion and the fact that Bushco's administration has been trying to instigate war with Iran for some months now.

Not seeing the writing on the wall so plainly and clearly with Israel's "sudden" need (right on the heels of Bushco's leaving office in the US) to stir up crap in the Gaza Strip (The Middle East where Iran feels like a custodian, much like we do in North and Central America) means you are either just not paying attention or may be clinically mentally retarded? Not you personally SW, just "you" in general..

Spoken like a true conspiracy theorist.:rolleyes:

What in the world makes you think Bush has been trying to instigate war with Iran over the past few months, hmm? You don't get to just say things and have them magically carry with them the weight of truth. My own observation is that concern over Iran has markedly faded in the last year or so.

As for Israel, their show of force in Gaza is hardly divorced from realpolitik considerations. Hamas renewed rocket attacks so they responded with wildly disproportionate violence. That's how you go about establishing credible deterrence.

What makes me think Bushco wants to instigate conflict with Iran? You're being serious? Did you watch the news at all late Summer/Fall 2008?

Here, let me give you a blip to look at:

US 'escalates covert Iran missions'
Monday, June 30, 2008 :

US congressional leaders have agreed to a presidential request for up to $400 million in funding for covert operations against Iran, according to a report in the New Yorker magazine.

Previous cross-border operations have included the capture of Iranian security officers and the backing of anti-Tehran armed groups, said the report by Seymour Hersh, the investigative reporter.

The operations have been taking place since last year, the article said.

Bush's request, made through a Presidential Finding document, was approved by US congressional leaders, including Democrats, late last year, the report said.

Cross-border US operations against Iran include seizing members of the Iranian Revolutionary Guards and taking them across the border to Iraq for interrogation, the report said.

But the scale and the scope of the operations in Iran, which include the CIA, have now been significantly expanded, the New Yorker said, citing current and former officials.
Source: http://www.indybay.org/newsitems/2008/06/30/18512358.php

It's called "I know how to read and have a basic elementary-school level ability to make logical associations"...hardly paranoia or conspiracy theorism...
:rolleyes:

That terrible (latest) bad guy nationalist Ahmahdinejad daring to have sovereignty with his country and keep US interests out of it! We should invade! We should attack!

No, that would seem too overt, too obvious in the wake of the same exact thing we just did in Iraq.

Hmmm....what to do.....

Hey! I know... Let's get our buddies the Israelis to do what they always do: invade Palestine, piss off the Iranian "latest bad guy" and get him to make an aggressive move in defense of his region. Then the US will 'have' to invade Iran...because we won't have appeared to have been involved with poor innocent attacking Israel, (but we'll sure come out behind the smokescreen when Iran steps in ; ) )

I wonder how people live through this stuff, see it over and over and over like with Vietnam, Iraq and now Iran...and just trust trust trust that US powers-that-be are acting altruistically.

I'll admit, religion makes a fine cover for economic takeovers, but enough is enough. This is getting ridiculous. Can we ever feel proud of being Americans? Will they ever let us?

OK, I'm just going to say it. It's about time someone did..

Israel= American's (BigOil) toe-in-the-door controlling foreign oil reserves for profit...ultimately...

Religious matters are a convenient distraction and excuse for atrocities in the name of money.

I like jews, have jewish ancestors myself and in fact have toyed around with becoming jewish as I like many of their customs; particularly family orientation..

But...this fixation with Israel has become something of a mental epidemic. And, as I said, a convenient smokescreen.

I have ties to Germany...deep and important, meaningful ties where relics of my forefathers lie and lands that have significance to molding meaning in my life. But you don't see me invading Germany and setting up a religious state based on my fixation of "holy relics and places" I feel entitled by birth to have a right to control and worship at?

Literally, they're (overtly) fighting over piles of sand and rubble where some ancient important people happened to have lived and did some important things once and calling it "religious manifest destiny"..when in fact it is patently absurd.

The zealots fight over piles of sand and rubble "relics" that have no more importance to a sublime and unfathomable God than matters of substance: like the Ten Commandments of The Old Testament (the hebrew Bible: most of the Commandments the jews are currently breaking by invading Palestine)...but Oh! Protect the idealism of those piles of rubble! The Wailing Wall!... while their allies, the US BigOil corporations fight over what lies underneath that rubble: The largest oil reserves. (You know, we need a port-country on the Mediterranian to shunt those reserves Texas-tycoon bound) They both use each other as an excuse to carry on atrocities that would otherwise be condemned if the wool was pulled away and the dysfunction revealed.

Fixation and greed. Both of which are unforgivable sins in the eyes of Yaweh. Does Hell ring a bell?

It is not OK at all to kill people in the name of greed. Whoever does this, without a single exception, will be visited upon their ultimate demise a most unfavorable and eternal sentence of unimagiable agonizing suffering. Or so the rumor goes..

OK, I'm just going to say it. It's about time someone did..

Israel= American's (BigOil) toe-in-the-door controlling foreign oil reserves for profit...ultimately...

Why yes of course... Israel, the one area of the middle east containing no oil, only exists because we wanted oil. Never mind the fact that it was the UN under our leadership that give away the oil rich areas to groups hostile to the US.... at least by your theory.

Religious matters are a convenient distraction and excuse for atrocities in the name of money.

Yeah the fact that Israel is the traditional homeland of the jewish people for over 2500 years, wasn't a consideration.

I like jews, have jewish ancestors myself and in fact have toyed around with becoming jewish as I like many of their customs; particularly family orientation..

Yet the zionist movement, which existed many years prior to the US involvement, was all actually a long term plan to get oil they don't have.

But...this fixation with Israel has become something of a mental epidemic. And, as I said, a convenient smokescreen.

I have ties to Germany...deep and important, meaningful ties where relics of my forefathers lie and lands that have significance to molding meaning in my life. But you don't see me invading Germany and setting up a religious state based on my fixation of "holy relics and places" I feel entitled by birth to have a right to control and worship at?

I don't know where you currently live, but let us pretend you live in Texas along the Mexico boarder. Now let us pretend that simply because they hate you, and want you to die, the people in Mexico started firing mortars into your town. How many random people must die, and how many times must your building or business be shelled, before you think it might be a good idea to go invade Mexico to stop the shelling?

Now replace Mexicans with Gaza Arabs, and you with Jewish Israelis.

Literally, they're (overtly) fighting over piles of sand and rubble where some ancient important people happened to have lived and did some important things once and calling it "religious manifest destiny"..when in fact it is patently absurd.

What makes it absurd? And why are you being so judgmental of a group of people you know little about? I thought you were supposed to be tolerant?

The zealots fight over piles of sand and rubble "relics" that have no more importance to a sublime and unfathomable God than matters of substance: like the Ten Commandments of The Old Testament (the hebrew Bible: most of the Commandments the jews are currently breaking by invading Palestine)...but Oh! Protect the idealism of those piles of rubble! The Wailing Wall!... while their allies, the US BigOil corporations fight over what lies underneath that rubble: The largest oil reserves. (You know, we need a port-country on the Mediterranian to shunt those reserves Texas-tycoon bound) They both use each other as an excuse to carry on atrocities that would otherwise be condemned if the wool was pulled away and the dysfunction revealed.

Oh yes, do show how many BigOil companies have invested in Israel. You discredit yourself with such foolish claims.

First of all, for you to believe in the Ten Commandments, you must believe in the one who wrote the Ten Commandments. If you believe in the one who wrote the Ten Commandments, then you must also believe that he required the Jews to be on the land of Israel.

Now if you do not believe in that, then you can't argue they are violating a command that could not be given by the non-existent writer of the Ten Commandments.

Fixation and greed. Both of which are unforgivable sins in the eyes of Yaweh. Does Hell ring a bell?

No sin, is unforgivable. That's the whole message of the Bible.

It is not OK at all to kill people in the name of greed. Whoever does this, without a single exception, will be visited upon their ultimate demise a most unfavorable and eternal sentence of unimagiable agonizing suffering. Or so the rumor goes..

What about killing people in the name of protecting your own people?

20070519_Qassam_in_Sderot.jpg

Random mortar attack wipes out some dudes car, and a number of surrounding buildings.

5&91;1&93;_wa.jpg

This is a clinic hit by mortars fired by Hamas.

zer2_wa.jpg

People being treated after a Hamas rocket hit their house.

So tell me... in those reasons to return fire at Hamas militants... WHERE IS THE OIL?!?!? HUH???

Oh, OK. Will do.

It's nice to find something on which we agree, Siho.:) We ought to impeach the bastards.

It's nice to find something on which we agree, Siho.:) We ought to impeach the bastards.

So you really believe that someone should be impeached because Israel forced us to invade Iraq and now Iran? What support do you have for such an assertion?

Quote from prior link.
Prime Minister Ehud Olmert and his foreign minister have snubbed Mr. Carter and are refusing to meet with him.

Funny, I thought Bush was alienating our closest allies...

Grats to Olmert. My view of Israel just went up.

Werbung:
I guess we must congratulate Jimmy Carter for doing such a great job when he visited Israel last year.... :rolleyes:

http://www.voanews.com/english/archive/2008-04/2008-04-13-voa19.cfm?CFID=89107343&CFTOKEN=12009308

did you see him at the president lunch

my God he is as short as he is stupid and all the other presidents kept away from him, he is not even respected by other presidents

and apparently he was no better a carpenter than he was a president, his houses are falling apart

Back