1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Discuss politics - join our community by registering for free here! HOP - the political discussion forum

The Government - Do You Trust It?

Discussion in 'Polls' started by ANewStart, Dec 9, 2008.

?

Do you trust the government?

1. I trust the government completely.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. I somewhat trust the government.

2 vote(s)
    15.4%
  3. I don't trust the government at all.

11 vote(s)
    84.6%
  1. ANewStart

ANewStart New Member

These days, the government handles many of our nations finial decisions that have the ability to affect many aspects of our ordinary lives. The question is though - do you trust the government's ability to use our money wisely?

2. Bunz

Bunz New Member

Well there is more to government that using money wisely. More than expenditures, what concerns me more is laws and policy.

There was a time when I generally trusted government, not necessarily to do everything I agree with, but to do what was necessary to ensure the overall well being of those being governed. So I voted that I somewhat trust the government, but I have come to that conclusion in a few different ways, firstly I became very disenfranchised when it turned out that the Iraqi WMD claims were vastly overblown, and the connection to 9-11 was totally bogus, and throw in the "patriot" act and lets just say I started this century voting solid GOP, and now, I dont know I will ever follow the GOP side down the ticket ever again.
    So as a result, I have been more active in government, especially on the local level, by running for and holding public office. Being in more contact with my various reps at higher levels.
    I have hope that the new administration will not pull as many ill thought out stunts like Bush has. But I will be critical of Obama when it is deserved as well.

3. Dude111

Dude111 Member

The Govt does MORE BAD than good in this country.... (And people here who trust them GIVE THEM MORE POWER TO DO STUFF)