The holy trinity

The answer to that question is neither yes nor no. I am a skeptic with atheistic and pantheistic leanings, and even find some merit in the Hindu conception of Brahman, but very much a monist.

Werbung:
Excuse me for intruding but I have a question for you. Do you believe in God because I thought that you didn't. Everything that God created is part of him. He created it. Even the non living matter and energy. :)

Yes. Creative will exists everywhere.

From a metaphysical definition, will is the only thing not subject to the deterministic laws of nature. And we already know that at the quantum level, the laws of determinism break down due to heisenberg's uncertainty. This is not an epistemic limitation on the powers of human observation.

It is, essentially, a barrier beyond which natural law holds no sway. And in this realm of planck length, planck time and planck energy, the fundamental laws of physics are routinely broken -- the most important of which, is the principle of conservation of matter and energy. Within this realm, one can literally say matter and energy could simply pop out of nothing.

I find the trinity to metaphysically imply procreation.

The Bible treats the Holy Spirit as if He was ... a She -- gentle, nurturing, etc., very feminine in that time's presentation of such.

So ... we have the Father, the Holy Spirit Mother, and the Son Child. Can we say "procreation", boys and girls? For a metaphorical certainty!

Thus the trinity is the symbol for procreation -- "Go throughout all the earth and multiply".

And, so we have ... and we continue to do ... long after our proscribed optimal population density ... has been far and painfully exceeded.

Will we ever be able to overcome our dictated manifest before we crush ourselves to death?

Not as long as religion rules so many.

Werbung:
I find the trinity to metaphysically imply procreation.

The Bible treats the Holy Spirit as if He was ... a She -- gentle, nurturing, etc., very feminine in that time's presentation of such.

So ... we have the Father, the Holy Spirit Mother, and the Son Child. Can we say "procreation", boys and girls? For a metaphorical certainty!

Thus the trinity is the symbol for procreation -- "Go throughout all the earth and multiply".

And, so we have ... and we continue to do ... long after our proscribed optimal population density ... has been far and painfully exceeded.

Will we ever be able to overcome our dictated manifest before we crush ourselves to death?

Not as long as religion rules so many.

This representation of catholic faith is wrong in more levels than one would care to debunk.

First off, 'pro-creation' isn't necessarily confined to human reproductive processes. More importantly, it suggests humankind's place and duty within god's creative process.

Secondly, the trinity does not suggest any parallel with human reproduction. The holy spirit isn't depicted as a woman, although one can understand your insistence on this depiction. After all, in the absence of a female symbol, your entire analogy fails.

If the 'father, son and holy spirit' is making any suggestion, it would be a certain hierarchy of purpose, not reproduction.

The last comment I'd care to make regarding your opinion is the rc church's stand on the moral implications attendant to over-population. You need only read the first part of humanae vitae to understand this. The social, economic and physical conditions of over-population is detrimental to human dignity, hence contrary to the commandment of love.

Back