The IRSs “Equal Treatment Of Liberals And Conservatives”

Werbung:
Leftists do not see anything wrong with that chart. If Big Ears was honest (that is an impossibility) he would say there is nothing wrong with his administrations actions.

Leftists believe it is correct and just to target conservative groups because those groups are hate mongering fools. They are driven by their emotions. That emotion is HATE.

Leftists do not see anything wrong with that chart. If Big Ears was honest (that is an impossibility) he would say there is nothing wrong with his administrations actions.

Do you see the contradiction there? YOU are saying if he was honest he would admit there was no scandal.

Leftists believe it is correct and just to target conservative groups because those groups are hate mongering fools. They are driven by their emotions. That emotion is HATE.

And you are NOT driven by emotion, and HATE? Can you name a Tea Party group that was NOT politically active, a violation of the rules? Granted that liberal groups do the same, however, that is not what we are speaking of here. "Big Ears" was not even involved in it.

Then perhaps you can explain why Dick Armey's PAC, and Rove's PAC, were not investigated even though they are quite politically active, and tax exempt organizations.

http://www.cnn.com/2013/06/24/politics/irs-targeting

Five IRS managers have been replaced, from the previous acting commissioner whom Werfel succeeded to the head of the unit based in Cincinnati that handles tax-exempt applications.

In addition, Werfel created an Accountability Review Board to recommend within 60 days "any additional personnel actions necessary to hold accountable those responsible" for the targeting disclosed by the inspector general's report.

White House spokesman Jay Carney said Monday that Obama believes Werfel's report "is an important step in ensuring accountability for any staff that acted inappropriately, identifies the failures in their systems that allowed the misconduct to happen, and takes a forward-looking systemic view at the agency's management."

The White House ordered the review by Werfel when he started the job on May 22 in the aftermath of George's audit that found targeting of some conservative groups seeking tax-exempt status.

<snip>

The IRS admitted there was unfair targeting of conservative groups seeking tax-exempt status starting in 2010, but officials said the action was a bureaucratic shortcut in its Cincinnati office rather than an exercise of political bias.

IRS officials in Washington were involved in targeting of conservative groups

Internal Revenue Service officials in Washington and at least two other offices were involved with investigating conservative groups seeking tax-exempt status, making clear that the effort reached well beyond the branch in Cincinnati that was initially blamed, according to documents obtained by The Washington Post.

House: IRS probe shows Lerner used personal email account for official business

House Republicans on Tuesday asked an IRS official at the center of their probe into the agency targeting Tea Party groups for documents related to her personal email account, after learning she allegedly used the account for official business.

The request from the House Oversight and Government Reform Committee to official Lois Lerner states she sent documents related to her official duties from her IRS email account to an account labeled ‘Lois Home.’

“This raises some serious questions,” wrote committee Chairman Darrell Issa, R-Calif. “To understand the extent to which you may have used a non-official email account for official purposes, … we request that you produce all documents and communications housed in your msn.com account.”

Issa suggested such activity could violate federal records requirements, creates difficulties in filing Freedom of Information Act requests and “frustrates congressional oversight obligations.

Do you see the contradiction there? YOU are saying if he was honest he would admit there was no scandal.

No contradiction. Big Ears believes preventing the rights of conservatives is NOT a scandal. It is just standard operating procedure. He even called it phony...remember?

I am not driven by emotion. I am driven by the rule of law and the truth.

I hate no one, but I do very much dislike what liberalism has done to my country.

No contradiction. Big Ears believes preventing the rights of conservatives is NOT a scandal. It is just standard operating procedure. He even called it phony...remember?

You still don't get it. YOU said if he was honest he would admit there was no scandal. Well, he says there was no scandal, and you say he is dishonest.

I am not driven by emotion. I am driven by the rule of law and the truth.

I hate no one, but I do very much dislike what liberalism has done to my country.

Well, what you perceive to be truth anyway. Even Reagan expanded on the programs established by the "liberals", used his Presidential powers to violate the Constitution (Lebanon, Granada, Nicaraugua, etc), just as all Presidents have done. Yet you would call him a "conservative".

You still don't get it. YOU said if he was honest he would admit there was no scandal. Well, he says there was no scandal, and you say he is dishonest.

Well, what you perceive to be truth anyway. Even Reagan expanded on the programs established by the "liberals", used his Presidential powers to violate the Constitution (Lebanon, Granada, Nicaraugua, etc), just as all Presidents have done. Yet you would call him a "conservative".

I see your point, but admitting that you see nothing wrong with using government power to limit the rights of your political opponents is not the same as claiming the scandals are phony.

Reagan was a conservative, but he like most presidents did many things I do not agree with. But I will take him for president over those who came after him any day. How about you?

I am not a conservative. I am a libertarian and becoming more and more an anarchist every day.

I see your point, but admitting that you see nothing wrong with using government power to limit the rights of your political opponents is not the same as claiming the scandals are phony.

Reagan was a conservative, but he like most presidents did many things I do not agree with. But I will take him for president over those who came after him any day. How about you?

I am not a conservative. I am a libertarian and becoming more and more an anarchist every day.

Well, Jefferson was an Anarchist on a limited scale. He also recognized the need for government.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Philosophical_anarchism

As to Reagan's "conservatism", sorry, I want no part of it.

http://consortiumnews.com/2013/03/26/ronald-reagans-hollow-conservatism/

Yet during the last years of his presidency, 1986 to 1988, most conservatives were furious at Reagan for having sold out the movement. Reagan’s image, however, benefited from the presidency of Bill Clinton, ironically a man who was in some respects more conservative than the Gipper. During the Clinton presidency, certain Republican operatives dusted off an idolized Reagan image and began using it to attack Clinton.

Reagan is always associated with his rhetorical advocacy of small government. However, during his presidency, average annual government spending increased as a percentage of GDP, whereas under Clinton it was reduced. (In fact, Clinton was the only president since Harry Truman to reduce per capita federal spending.)

Moreover, Reagan came in second among post-Truman presidents in average annual increases in the number of federal civilian employees in the executive branch as a portion of the population, exceeded only by the John F. Kennedy and Lyndon B. Johnson period.

Reagan is most famous as a tax cutter; yet Reagan is last among post-World War II Republicans in reducing average annual taxes as a percentage of GDP. Although he did reduce taxes as a portion of GDP slightly, his spending increases as a percentage of GDP rendered his net tax cuts largely fraudulent.
Thus, he ran big federal deficits, thus tripling the national debt and turning the U.S. from being the largest creditor into being the largest debtor nation. He was number one in post-Truman presidents in increasing average annual debt as a proportion of GDP.

http://www.theamericanconservative.com/articles/how-right-was-reagan/

Reagan gave the fullest explanation of his use of the “shining city on a hill” near the end of his Farewell Address in 1989. Reagan’s city had become a metaphor for a secure America with a bustling economy and open borders. “In my mind,” he explained, “it was a tall proud city built on rocks stronger than oceans, wind-swept, God-blessed, and teeming with people of all kinds living in harmony and peace, a city with free ports that hummed with commerce and creativity, and if there had to be city walls, the walls had doors and the doors were open to anyone with the will and the heart to get here. That’s how I saw it and see it still.” One can only wonder what Governor Winthrop would have made of this thoroughly modern transmutation of his meditation on the demands of sacrificial love within the body of Christ.

Paul Kengor defends Reagan’s appropriation of biblical language by noting, correctly, that many presidents, including liberal Democrats, have done the same thing. But pointing out the similarities between Reagan and Woodrow Wilson, Franklin Roosevelt, and John Kennedy, while it may slow down critics on the Left, is hardly likely to reassure conservatives about Reagan’s credentials. America’s identity as a chosen nation has indeed found advocates from across the political spectrum, but that fact merely shows how deeply the habit is embedded in America’s self-understanding. Whether that understanding is healthy is another matter. There is nothing inherently conservative about believing that America is God’s promised land for a new epoch. Because it sounds so patriotic to elevate America among God’s elect, however, many conservatives dig in their heels and resist any challenge to America’s redeemer myth.

Thus, he ran big federal deficits, thus tripling the national debt and turning the U.S. from being the largest creditor into being the largest debtor nation. He was number one in post-Truman presidents in increasing average annual debt as a proportion of GDP.

Which I'm sure you'll say had absolutely nothing to do with Carter's 15% inflation rate, 12% unemployment, 20% interest rates, 70% taxes, high energy costs and gutting the military. :rolleyes:

Which I'm sure you'll say had absolutely nothing to do with Carter's 15% inflation rate, 12% unemployment, 20% interest rates, 70% taxes, high energy costs and gutting the military. :rolleyes:

Then you would be a fool like the rest of your comrades. No one is excusing carter, or his idiocy. However, the question was the conservative nature of Reagan. If you want to talk about carter then at least be intellectually honest enough to use it as a topic, not as a point of ridicule especially when you have no knowledge, or even a basic concept, of what I am speaking of.

More "Fast and Furious" weapons appear at Mexico crime scene

The Justice Department has refused to provide a full account of the weapons involved in Fast and Furious to Congress. Refusal to turn over certain documents related to Fast and Furious led to a bipartisan vote in June 2012 to hold Attorney General Eric Holder in contempt of Congress. The House Oversight Committee is suing for release of the material.

One thing all these "pony scandals" have in common is lack of accountability. What will be the consequences of Eric Holder being held in contempt? What will be the consequences of Lois Lerner's actions, other than a promotion .....

Absolutely nothing.....................

Werbung:
Then you would be a fool like the rest of your comrades. No one is excusing carter, or his idiocy. However, the question was the conservative nature of Reagan. If you want to talk about carter then at least be intellectually honest enough to use it as a topic, not as a point of ridicule especially when you have no knowledge, or even a basic concept, of what I am speaking of.

I suppose in your superior way of thinking , Reagan's increases in National Debt had nothing to do with the abysmal condition the country was in before he took office.

Showing an increase in public debt doesn't show the whole picture either. Under Reagan he lowered the high tax rate from 70% to 28%.
He reduced nondefense discretionary spending, added 20 million new jobs and lowered double digit unemployment to 5%. The economy grew by a third, he restrained the anti inflation monetary supply, reduced regulations, strengthening the dollar and reducing inflation to 3%.

Reagan did double defense spending, bringing our tired military from a post WWII, Viet Nam worn out one, into a new technological era, that we enjoy today. Which also helped to end the cold war.

Also, don't discount the fact that the Democrats controlled the House for six years of Reagan's presidency and then they controlled both houses for the last two years.

advanced

Back