"The John Adams Project"

XCALIDEM

http://www.aclu.org/safefree/detention/johnadams.html

It makes me sick to read this, but here it goes:
The ACLU and NACDL have assembled defense teams to be available to assist in the representation of detainees facing prosecution at Guantánamo. We took this step because of our grave concerns that the Guantanamo military commissions process does not reflect our country's commitment to justice and due process. The military commissions' authorization of the use of coerced evidence possibly derived from torture, secret evidence, and hearsay is unconstitutional and counter to American traditions of fairness and justi

Not only this group is helping out terrorists by providing them with legal represantations, but they're now providing Alqaeda and all the terrorists groups with pictures and information about our CIA agents.

Should these stupid liberals be prosecuted for treason?

I wonder how the families of those who died on 9-11 must feel to learn about these radical groups who support Obama.... This is ridiculous...:mad:

Werbung:
"The John Adams Project"???

Probably named for the American lawyer (later our 2nd President under the Constitution) who volunteered to defend the British soldiers in court who fired into a crowd of Americans in what came to be known as "The Boston Massacre", before the American Revolution.

Adams was able to prove that the British soldiers heard an order to fire, coming from the direction of their superior officers, in the midst of being pelted by rocks, chunks of ice, etc. by an angry, screaming crowd. Adams proved it by summoning witnesses from both the British and American sides who were present at the shootings and saw and heard what happened, and who testified they heard the order given. It was also established that the British officers never gave that order, and that it probably came from someone in the crowd standing behind the British officers. Since the soldiers heard it coming from the direction of their officers while they were being physically assaulted by the crowd at the time, the court concluded it was reasonable for them to assume the officers had given the order, and found them Not Guilty of murder.

Of course, there is a major difference between those soldiers and the terrorists held at Gitmo: The British soldiers were uniformed members of the armed services of the universally-accepted government of Massachussets Colony at the time: The British Parliament. The Gitmo terrorists are thugs in civilians clothes, not members of (in fact disowned by) the armed forces of every national government on earth, who made war against the United States.

According to the Geneva Convention, the Gitmo terrorists indeed should not be at Gitmo at all: They should have gotten summary field judgment where they were captured, been lined up against a wall, and shot as spies.

But somehow I doubt this is the aim of the AntiAmerican Communist Lackey's Union: To have them summarily shot as spies as they deserve.

John Adams is probably rolling over in his grave (not for the first time) with the use of his name to title the treasonous activities of the ACLU.

"The John Adams Project"???

Probably named for the American lawyer (later our 2nd President under the Constitution) who volunteered to defend the British soldiers in court who fired into a crowd of Americans in what came to be known as "The Boston Massacre", before the American Revolution.

Adams was able to prove that the British soldiers heard an order to fire, coming from the direction of their superior officers, in the midst of being pelted by rocks, chunks of ice, etc. by an angry, screaming crowd. Adams proved it by summoning witnesses from both the British and American sides who were present at the shootings and saw and heard what happened, and who testified they heard the order given. It was also established that the British officers never gave that order, and that it probably came from someone in the crowd standing behind the British officers. Since the soldiers heard it coming from the direction of their officers while they were being physically assaulted by the crowd at the time, the court concluded it was reasonable for them to assume the officers had given the order, and found them Not Guilty of murder.

Of course, there is a major difference between those soldiers and the terrorists held at Gitmo: The British soldiers were uniformed members of the armed services of the universally-accepted government of Massachussets Colony at the time: The British Parliament. The Gitmo terrorists are thugs in civilians clothes, not members of (in fact disowned by) the armed forces of every national government on earth, who made war against the United States.

According to the Geneva Convention, the Gitmo terrorists indeed should not be at Gitmo at all: They should have gotten summary field judgment where they were captured, been lined up against a wall, and shot as spies.

But somehow I doubt this is the aim of the AntiAmerican Communist Lackey's Union: To have them summarily shot as spies as they deserve.

John Adams is probably rolling over in his grave (not for the first time) with the use of his name to title the treasonous activities of the ACLU.

great post!!!

The ACLU is giving pictures of our CIA people and showing it to terrorists is as bad as it gets. They should all be deported, every last one of them.

I want to say they should be shot like in history but I really dont like the death penalty.

The ACLU is one of the most dangerous group of crazy left wing nut jobs.

I fully support the ACLU's decision. The ACLU stated their reasons quite clearly:

We took this step because of our grave concerns that the Guantanamo military commissions process does not reflect our country's commitment to justice and due process. The military commissions' authorization of the use of coerced evidence possibly derived from torture, secret evidence, and hearsay is unconstitutional and counter to American traditions of fairness and justice.

I fully support the ACLU's decision. The ACLU stated their reasons quite clearly:

We took this step because of our grave concerns that the Guantanamo military commissions process does not reflect our country's commitment to justice and due process. The military commissions' authorization of the use of coerced evidence possibly derived from torture, secret evidence, and hearsay is unconstitutional and counter to American traditions of fairness and justice.

Liberal thinking minds are scary. I just don't get it, how can you side with our enemies? I can't believe that you agree with giving away the identities of our secret agents? that's bull ****! these people put their lives on the line to keep your ass safe!!

Perhaps you find joy from watching our country attacked.

Does this remind you of something?

Has Keith O gave his spin on it yet? Or any of the others that the left follows lock step?

Might have to wait for them to defend it so everyone knows what to say.

I'm sure they're keeping quiet on the issue... :mad:

The ACLU is giving pictures of our CIA people and showing it to terrorists is as bad as it gets. They should all be deported, every last one of them.

I want to say they should be shot like in history but I really dont like the death penalty.

This 'MANURE SPEAK' just proves the #1 reason that the ACLU was formulated and has continued to be the necessary counter balance for those lessor thinking (cough-cough-gagging) HUMANS who believe that they 'CAN' do unto others as they choose too :mad:

GOOD GRIEF...take an adult with you everywhere...you shouldn't be left to wander around in public...it isn't safe for the unsuspecting public!!!

Pre-911. That's where we are going.

We can't have all of our freedoms without people to protect them.

Who will want to work for the CIA if they know they will just be kicked around by some ACLU idiots.

Lets see if any of those ACLU folks had any family in the 9/11 attacks injured or killed if they would be so fast to pass judgement. I doubt it.

You really are the most rude person I have ever crossed paths with, perhaps you need to get a dog so you can beat it and then you might not have to be so damn rude here.

It wouldn't help. That's just little aspca's reaction whenever someone says something he doesn't like but can't refute: He attacks the messenger instead. Hysterical screaming, insults, and namecalling are all he has.

Why mess up a perfectly good dog?

Back to the subject:

Should these stupid liberals be prosecuted for treason?[/COLOR][/B]
I wonder how the families of those who died on 9-11 must feel to learn about these radical groups who support Obama.... This is ridiculous...:mad:
I dont know where the line is when it comes to any specific law when it comes to the ACLU activities. I need more info than what Oreilly's story provides, as well as the ACLU link before I can draw a final conclusion.

One thing I will say, is that jumping someone like the "reporter" did was totally out of line. If he would have done that to me, certainly a much more physical reaction would have happened. If anyone would have likely been shot, it is the guy with the microphone who deserves to land himself in jail as far as im concerned.

Then of course you are ignoring the pink t-rex in the room. Which is the outing of Valerie Plame, and the subsequent commution of punishment with Scotter Libby.

As for the the families of those killed on 9-11, here is the statement from two groups from the ACLU link.

September 11th Advocates
Patty Casazza, Monica Gabrielle, Mindy Kleinberg, Lorie Van Auken
The September 11th Advocates are women whose spouses died on 9/11. The group was instrumental in the formation of the 9/11 Commissions and later called for a new, independent panel.

As women whose husbands were killed on September 11, 2001, we feel strongly that the perpetrators of that horrific crime should be brought to justice. But first it is imperative to prove that these six detainees are indeed the guilty parties.

Unfortunately, the Administration insists on trying the suspects in the broken military commissions system. Prosecuting these men within a system that is secretive in nature and lacking in due process, and which uses evidence tainted by questionable interrogation methods and possibly even torture, is a dangerous endeavor. All Americans, and indeed the entire international community, must have the opportunity to witness for themselves the body of evidence that ties these individuals to the 9/11 terrorists' plot. Otherwise the credibility of any verdict will lack legitimacy. Moreover, unless these trials are above reproach, any convictions will bring the wrath of the international community, damaging what is left of America's standing in the world. Considering that we continue to rely heavily on cooperation from other nations to provide us with intelligence information on would be terrorists, this course of action can only be detrimental to these crucial relationships, thereby jeopardizing our national security.

These trials, when they finally take place, will be scrutinized around the globe. Unless the victims' families, the American public and the entire world can be convinced that we are trying and convicting the people who are truly responsible for the 9/11 crimes, these trials will be seen as a miserable failure, dimming our prospects of improved international relationships, and making us more vulnerable to terrorist attacks in the future.

On behalf of ourselves, our husbands, and our families, we support the American Civil Liberties Union in its pursuit of justice and insistence on due process. The only outcome worth pursuing is the truth, and the only way get there is by fair trials that uphold the Constitution.

September 11th Families for Peaceful Tomorrows
Peaceful Tomorrows is an organization founded by family members of those killed on September 11th who have united to turn our grief into action for peace.

The members of September 11th Families for Peaceful Tomorrows stand behind the American Civil Liberties Union in their decision to assemble defense teams to be available to assist in the representation of some of the Guantanamo detainees that the U.S. government is preparing to prosecute.

September 11th Families for Peaceful Tomorrows, founded in 2002, is an organization of individuals who all lost family members on 9/11. For six years we have advocated for nonviolent and legal responses to the terrorist attacks that claimed our loved ones' lives. By developing and advocating nonviolent actions in the pursuit of justice, we hope to break the cycles of violence engendered by war and terrorism.

We have a tremendous stake in seeing that justice is served in the prosecution of 9/11 suspects. It is our heart-breaking obligation to see those responsible for the deaths of our loved ones brought to justice. However, in our view, justice will not be served by a legal process that has been compromised by political interference and stripped of the minimum of defendants' rights and protections that define a fair trial.
http://www.aclu.org/safefree/detention/34775res20080403.html

Werbung:
Which people should be deported?

This is interesting. Do you think any of the various Constitutional Amendments are more important than another?

Back