The Khilafah, is it a choice or required

You're entitled to your opinion of course, but there is nothing in the Bible that in any way speaks of democracy.

Deuteronomy 1:13 Choose some wise, understanding and respected men from each of your tribes, and I will set them over you."

Werbung:
Deuteronomy 1:13 Choose some wise, understanding and respected men from each of your tribes, and I will set them over you."

That's it?

Consider the following - against Democracy, where Jesus Christ will rule the earth as the "King of kings and Lord of lords"

"Then I saw heaven opened, and behold, a white horse! He who sat upon it is called Faithful and True, and in righteousness He judges and makes war. His eyes are like a flame of fire, and on His head are many diadems; and He has a Name inscribed which no one knows but Himself. He is clad in a robe dipped in blood, and the Name by which He is called is The Word of God . And the armies of heaven, arrayed in fine linen, white and pure, followed Him on white horses . From His mouth issues a sharp sword with which to smite the nations, and He will rule them with a rod of iron; He will tread the wine press of the fury of the wrath of God the Almighty. On His robe and on His thigh He has a Name inscribed, King of kings and Lord of lords" (Revelation 19:11-16 RSV)

Muslims are the new Jews.
The arguments are pretty much the same when people attack the religion instead of the terror ideology we are really trying to fight.
People pull up historical and scriptural evidence to show the inevitability of evil within the religion and apply them to people living today, regardless of those people's true motivations and feelings.

What politically correct bull shiite. The terror ideology is part of the religion. And Im not using the historical and scriptural evidence and applying it to the people of today. But instead have shown the Muslims today who are pulling up these scriptures and historical evidence to guide their actions today.

"One day my dear Muslims," shouted Anjem Choudary, "Islam will govern Britain!"...
"Brothers and sisters, make no mistake. Make no mistake. The British government, the queen, the MPs in this country, they are enemies to you, enemies to Allah and enemies to the Muslims."...
Abu Saif is a member of the group Hizb ut-Tahrir, the Party of Liberation, which states its aim is to unify Muslims and establish the rule of Islamic law over the world.
http://worldnetdaily.com/news/article.asp?ARTICLE_ID=56503

This insistance that we not examine this doctrine that motivates this worldwide campaign of Islamic terrorism, to avoid offending the moderate muslims, only prolongs the moderates ability to avoid addressing the real issues within their religion.Allows them to continue to pretend the problem isnt there. Ensuring that Islam doesnt reform from within, but instead continues on as it has for 1400 years.

That's it?

Consider the following - against Democracy, where Jesus Christ will rule the earth as the "King of kings and Lord of lords"

One of many. I dont see how revelation's prophecies have any impact on the government to be applied today. If Jesus comes back, then you will have an arguement.

What politically correct bull shiite. The terror ideology is part of the religion. And Im not using the historical and scriptural evidence and applying it to the people of today. But instead have shown the Muslims today who are pulling up these scriptures and historical evidence to guide their actions today.
You are taking what violent fundies do today, using history and scripture to back yourself up (completely unnecessary if today's info is enough), and applying it to ALL MUSLIMS. So if a Muslim speaks against violence... well I don't know... Are you the "It's not enough" type or the "they have to lie to infidels" type? Either way I've met your type before. The obsession with scripture leads me to guess you are the second type.

This insistance that we not examine this doctrine that motivates this worldwide campaign of Islamic terrorism, to avoid offending the moderate muslims, only prolongs the moderates ability to avoid addressing the real issues within their religion.Allows them to continue to pretend the problem isnt there. Ensuring that Islam doesnt reform from within, but instead continues on as it has for 1400 years.

Muslims will reform from within when they feel like it. All your blabbering does is encourage them NOT to by throwing them in the same bundle as the enemy. Islamophobes do not accept any reform nor any moderate stance as legitimate, but simply as cover-ups for extremism.
You claim that the evil is inherent to the scripture WHICH MAKES REFORM IMPOSSIBLE.
Setting impossible criteria does not incite change.
Reality is what reforms religion ultimately, not the encouragement of division by self-ordained theocrats of religions they don't even belong to. Reform will come when Muslims reinterpret their own texts, not when you attempt to point out how they are unambiguously evil.
There's no problem with analyzing a religion or scriptures... but when you use your analysis in a way that simply increases division along religious lines, do not decieve yourself into thinking you are helping along reform.

Less of a stretch then your one thin line.

Ohh Im not saying Christianity created democracy. Just that it was a framework from which Democracy could be created.

I Peter 2:
13Submit yourselves for the Lord's sake to every authority instituted among men: .....16Live as free men, but do not use your freedom as a cover-up for evil; live as servants of God.
http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?book_id=67&chapter=2&version=31

We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness. — That to secure these rights, Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed, —

You are taking what violent fundies do today, using history and scripture to back yourself up (completely unnecessary if today's info is enough), and applying it to ALL MUSLIMS.

And you are delusional. YOU merely interpret any criticism of their doctrine as criticism of "ALL MUSLIMS". Perhaps, more of a reflection of your inability to separate the doctrine, from those who claim to be followers.

And you are delusional. YOU merely interpret any criticism of their doctrine as criticism of "ALL MUSLIMS". Perhaps, more of a reflection of your inability to separate the doctrine, from those who claim to be followers.

You ARE critisizing all muslims because you imply their doctrine is fundamentally flawed and not open to interpretation.

Ohh Im not saying Christianity created democracy. Just that it was a framework from which Democracy could be created.

That is just as big a stretch considering there is much more in the bible that goes against democracy then one line that allows them to choose their own leader.

Oddly enough....there are those that think Islam contains the framework from which Democracy could be created...

Most people would be shocked if they were told that the Quran supports the eight principles of western democracy as outlined in Today’s Ism’s by William Ebenstein and Edwin Fogelman. Yet that is the thesis of this paper. What currently passes for Islam as practiced by the majority of Muslims is a form of religious dogma in contradiction to the teachings of the Quran.....http://www.submission.org/democracy.html

You ARE critisizing all muslims because you imply their doctrine is fundamentally flawed and not open to interpretation.

So there you have it. In your world their doctrine is immune from criticism. No flaws can be identified because we might offend the Muslims.
Sooo are you concerned with hurting their feelings, or are you concerned they might all go jihad on our a s s ?

Coyote summarized my response in fewer words than I would have used.

jb, how can you expect reform when you are claiming that the basis of the religion is inherently corrupt and you will not accept any reinterpretation of it... despite the fact that many Muslims have offered them?
You expect nothing less than a total denouncement of scriptures and of the Muhammed figure rather than a reinterpretation... This is not reform. This is destruction of the religion... And if that is your goal, why should any Muslim listen to you?
You do more harm than good when you deny the sincerity of Muslims that try to interpret Islam as a religion of peace. These are the Muslims that should be encouraged. They are the ones who can reform Islam... not you and not me.

Werbung:
Back