The Koolaide Myth

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sihouette

No Obamanation has taken a fancy to calling anyone (and I mean anyone) who supports Obama a "drinker of koolaide"..lol...

This indirectly brings up another related subject: to not mince words: Republican lying.

NoObamanation knows full well that I rabidly supported Hillary and am only lukewarm about Obama. He knows my disappointment that Obama won out the nomination over Hillary. Anyone who questions it and knows how to work the search engine here will quickly find that out for themselves as well.

So when NoObamanation sees me writing about supporting Obama, he knee-jerks a "koolaid!" accusation without even thinking...knowing it's a lie..

Very common republican malady unfortunately...

I support Barack Obama for president, not enthusiastically as I did Hillary, and only because he is the only representative left on the ticket from the democratic party. I support the democratic party and it's various facets. They chose (much to my dismay) Barack Obama. And that is a decision I must now live with. It was done by voting. Yes the press meddled and affected the outcome for Obama, but that's the best we can do in a free society. We cannot force people to think for themselves or read other stuff than what Fox news spoonfeeds them..

So he is what we have. And given that, measured against McCain, he is the only choice of sane and thoughtful people. He may actually surprise me and really turn out to be as good of a president as Clinton; but that remains to be seen.

Do you detect hero worship in me of Obama? No, you see a person who has thought the matter over carefully, and watched the performance of the candidates. You see a person disappointed that her candidate is not on the ticket in the general election. You see a person gathering up her hopes and placing them in another basket. A basket that is woven together better than the only other one she has to choose from. In this day and age we cannot chose the wrong person again. So that's why I'm voting for Obama.

Just to beat you to the punch. No, Obama wasn't the wrong candidate because of any intrinsic unfitness for office, just a lack of muscle like Hillary's. A deficit of executive experience compared to her. He was the wrong choice in the primaries because his electability-factor fell far short of Hillary's. And hence why the polls are much closer than they would have been with her. Now we get to sit on pins and needles instead of with our feet up.

Werbung:
No its me who drank the cool aid, as a well known Biden Supporter, and one who was not sure what way i was going to vote untill McCain decided to question Obama's patriotism ( anyone notice that pissed me off when people do that? ) In the Primary I supported Obama vs Hillary because I don't like her at all, and because of the basic fact I don't want to see Bush, Clinton, Bush, Clinton...sounds a bit like a dueling monarchy. I found Clinton Divisive and someone not able to pull our nation together as there was to much hate of her on the Right. Silly me thinking that any liberal could escape this hate fest of anyone who is to the left of Reagen, or that somehow he could be immune from the lies and attacks on patriotism ( and his religion that they cant even pick one.. they attack his Rev , and then say he is Muslim...keep your lies strait please)

I do have to say it was funny how I went from the moderate that I am, who defends McCain and Obama equaly, and those on the right here ( outside of libs, who I could care less about) actually talked with some respect to me, then as soon as I said Obama was my choice, i was on the cool aid and attacked as ignorant and naive.

No Obamanation has taken a fancy to calling anyone (and I mean anyone) who supports Obama a "drinker of koolaide"..lol...

This indirectly brings up another related subject: to not mince words: Republican lying.

Just to beat you to the punch. No, Obama wasn't the wrong candidate because of any intrinsic unfitness for office, just a lack of muscle like Hillary's. A deficit of executive experience compared to her. He was the wrong choice in the primaries because his electability-factor fell far short of Hillary's. And hence why the polls are much closer than they would have been with her. Now we get to sit on pins and needles instead of with our feet up.

What executive experience do you speak of? She was first lady and a US Senator since 1992... Bush had Executive experience, I don't think that worked out well, did he balance budgets or anything? nope. Also Polls I saw showed Obama would do better then Clinton...Clinton would have gave McCain the Palin effect, but without the draw back that its palin, who has no right to stand on that stage with any of the other 3 in my view.

So how do you feel about your choice of being against Hillary at this point? Do you realize that her and her husband's lives were harmed by GOP sabotage and badmouthing? That when you boil it down, the Clintons did a pretty damn good job the 8 years they were at the Whitehouse?

God, we say we're trying to get over descrimination. Can you imagine interviewing a clearly qualified individual for a job and saying "oh, we'd hire you, except the people in accounting don't like women who do their hair the way you do, so to keep things cool in the business, we're going to have to say "no"." ??!

That's essentially what you just said about Clinton. Do you realize that?

What executive experience do you speak of? She was first lady..

You just answered your own question. If you are going to now lecture me about how it was Bill that made all the decisions in the Whitehouse, save your breath. You just complained about keeping your lies straight. The GOP hated Hillary for being up to her elbows in running this country while Bill officially was president. The thing is, that was one smear they took the truth and ran with to make it look bad. Like so many others. She is qualified, maybe moreso than Bill..

She did more than bake cookies while she was in the Whitehouse...

So how do you feel about your choice of being against Hillary at this point? Do you realize that her and her husband's lives were harmed by GOP sabotage and badmouthing? That when you boil it down, the Clintons did a pretty damn good job the 8 years they were at the Whitehouse?

God, we say we're trying to get over descrimination. Can you imagine interviewing a clearly qualified individual for a job and saying "oh, we'd hire you, except the people in accounting don't like women who do their hair the way you do, so to keep things cool in the business, we're going to have to say "no"." ??!

That's essentially what you just said about Clinton. Do you realize that?

No i said I don't like her, she is divisive and I do not want to see bush Clinton bush Clinton, ...And yes if I as CEO and I had 2 choices and one I felt would put the company in gridlock unable to get a anything done and the other I felt was able to do the job and not have that? I would take the 2nd choice. Also I don't agree with the fact she is so much more experienced then Obama is. And if Experience was your main point then why where you not for Biden of Richardson/ ( my other top choice)

But yes I recall those 8 years of worthless attacks by the right, I spent 8 years defending Clinton who I did not care for, I voted Perot. And that she is a woman means nothing to me. If I liked her , and her last name was not Clinton, then I would have no problem with her. But I find her fake and don't care for her. Had she won, I would vote for her, and defend her against all the right wing hacks and there lies just like I have Obama though. had she picked Biden for VP as well I would have been very happy as well.

You just answered your own question. If you are going to now lecture me about how it was Bill that made all the decisions in the Whitehouse, save your breath. You just complained about keeping your lies straight. The GOP hated Hillary for being up to her elbows in running this country while Bill officially was president. The thing is, that was one smear they took the truth and ran with to make it look bad. Like so many others. She is qualified, maybe moreso than Bill..

She did more than bake cookies while she was in the Whitehouse...

Thats not executive experience...Is it valuable ? yes. but she was not running budget and running a city or state , or even held accountable to a vote by the public. And that is not a Lie. That is my Opinion. I also would not vote for Laura Bush and claim she had executive Experience as well.

NoObamanation knows full well that I rabidly supported Hillary and am only lukewarm about Obama. He knows my disappointment that Obama won out the nomination over Hillary. Anyone who questions it and knows how to work the search engine here will quickly find that out for themselves as well.

So when NoObamanation sees me writing about supporting Obama, he knee-jerks a "koolaid!" accusation without even thinking...knowing it's a lie..

I support Barack Obama for president, not enthusiastically as I did Hillary, and only because he is the only representative left on the ticket from the democratic party. I support the democratic party and it's various facets. They chose (much to my dismay) Barack Obama. And that is a decision I must now live with. It was done by voting. Yes the press meddled and affected the outcome for Obama, but that's the best we can do in a free society. We cannot force people to think for themselves or read other stuff than what Fox news spoonfeeds them..

So he is what we have. And given that, measured against McCain, he is the only choice of sane and thoughtful people. He may actually surprise me and really turn out to be as good of a president as Clinton; but that remains to be seen.

Do you detect hero worship in me of Obama? No, you see a person who has thought the matter over carefully, and watched the performance of the candidates. You see a person disappointed that her candidate is not on the ticket in the general election. You see a person gathering up her hopes and placing them in another basket. A basket that is woven together better than the only other one she has to choose from. In this day and age we cannot chose the wrong person again. So that's why I'm voting for Obama.

I don't know why you want to vote for a guy who is still a mistery for everybody. The party has become arrogant like him and are not looking out for the middle class as they claim they are....

They treated Hillary like crap. Remember whey they wanted her out of the race, even when there were more states in the game....

The dem party has become shiiit :mad:

I don't know why you want to vote for a guy who is still a mistery for everybody. The party has become arrogant like him and are not looking out for the middle class as they claim they are....

They treated Hillary like crap. Remember whey they wanted her out of the race, even when there were more states in the game....

She lost and it was clear, she could not win enough votes to win, and she stayed in, so yes people wanted her to just call it and stop beating on Obama , and basically giving the Right ammo.
And how is Obama's plans so far off from Clinton's that he is not looking out for the middle class? the diff in Obama and Clinton's plans where slight at best most of the time.

Right! I'm a dem voting rep. During primaries I supported Hillary but thought we could do better. When they were all on the stage during the first primary debate, I thought Nobama would be the first to drop out. He looked like he was still wet behind the ears and the stuff that fell out of his mouth was stupid and contradictory, laughable, still is.

Since then it's been the Nobama thugocracy and the far left media not doing their job. You have to watch fox to get the news. Sorry, I can't vote for a candidate that has so many background issues and weird associations.

http://www.antiobama.net/

cute post sil

yeah I probably do say libs drink kool aid too much thanks for pointing that out, I will pay attention to who exactly I say that too.

I dont really consider you as much of a kool aid drinker as some, you are far more like invasion of the body snatchers to me.

I knew before I came to this forum that I was against Obama on abortion and gun control and taxes. I did not know much about him personally except he went to this racist church

it was you who told me about how currupt he was and how he got into politics in chicago, the way he did those others who tried for state senator, and what he did to the guy running against him in the US race.

I did not honestly know he was a horrible man till I read what you wrote about him then one day you just started backing. It was kind of wierd, i remember re reading your first post when you changed thinking I miss read it.

so If I called you a kool aid drinker I am sorry because I agree you are probably not a kool aid drinker, more of a body snatcher and even more than that probably just a loyal democrat.

No its me who drank the cool aid, as a well known Biden Supporter, and one who was not sure what way i was going to vote untill McCain decided to question Obama's patriotism ( anyone notice that pissed me off when people do that? ) In the Primary I supported Obama vs Hillary because I don't like her at all, and because of the basic fact I don't want to see Bush, Clinton, Bush, Clinton...sounds a bit like a dueling monarchy. I found Clinton Divisive and someone not able to pull our nation together as there was to much hate of her on the Right. Silly me thinking that any liberal could escape this hate fest of anyone who is to the left of Reagen, or that somehow he could be immune from the lies and attacks on patriotism ( and his religion that they cant even pick one.. they attack his Rev , and then say he is Muslim...keep your lies strait please)

I do have to say it was funny how I went from the moderate that I am, who defends McCain and Obama equaly, and those on the right here ( outside of libs, who I could care less about) actually talked with some respect to me, then as soon as I said Obama was my choice, i was on the cool aid and attacked as ignorant and naive.

lol I dont think you even know how to pour yourself a glass of kool aid pocket, no chance your going to drink it.

I guess if you want to consider yourself moderate its a free country at least for now and you can consider yourself anything you want :) and hope people buy into it

Right! I'm a dem voting rep. During primaries I supported Hillary but thought we could do better. When they were all on the stage during the first primary debate, I thought Nobama would be the first to drop out. He looked like he was still wet behind the ears and the stuff that fell out of his mouth was stupid and contradictory, laughable, still is.

Since then it's been the Nobama thugocracy and the far left media not doing their job. You have to watch fox to get the news. Sorry, I can't vote for a candidate that has so many background issues and weird associations.

http://www.antiobama.net/

I voted for Hillary in the primary too. I dont agree with much she believes in but I some how liked her as a person. that is probably not a good reason to vote for someone. but I like her more than I like John McCain. I guess I agree with McCain more on issues but only a couple like abortion and ....

well at least abortion

She lost and it was clear, she could not win enough votes to win, and she stayed in, so yes people wanted her to just call it and stop beating on Obama , and basically giving the Right ammo.
And how is Obama's plans so far off from Clinton's that he is not looking out for the middle class? the diff in Obama and Clinton's plans where slight at best most of the time.

Sure, you keep believing that story. What you need to beleive is that Pelosi's coalition gave him the nomination....

She won! whooped his ass in all the applalichian states by double digits.... She was the stronger candidate at the end of the primaries.....

Werbung:
Sure, you keep believing that story. What you need to beleive is that Pelosi's coalition gave him the nomination....

She won! whooped his ass in all the applalichian states by double digits.... She was the stronger candidate at the end of the primaries.....

You can believe that if you wish but at the end of the primaries Obama had the most delegates...both pledged and supers.

and who looks like the strongest candidate now?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back