The monstrous Christian / Islamic God

I would still say that it is posible to imagine more than one program at a time running on a computer, to produce unpredictable results, given unpredicatable input, nunminus.

I'm sorry but for that to happen, you need to introduce unknown factors outside the program -- the unpredictability you are speaking of arises form that unknown and NOT from the program itself.

After all, how many choices does (or can) a cell have? What happens within a cell is all chemistry. When you consider a living organism, with enough choices to make moral judgements, it is a large conglomeration of cells, with some basdic idea of itself as an individual organism, those cells working in some sort of coordination with each other.

Is a lving organism a republic?

I think it was lagboltz who found it necessary to explain quantum mechanics in another thread. The idea, as I recall, is to depict a probabilistic reality. To some extent, that is true -- matter and energy indeed are indeterminate within quantum scales.

To my mind, the existence of some non-deterministic parameter within reality is the essence of will.

Werbung:
Back