• It should be legal.

Votes: 9 75.0%
  • It should remain illegal.

Votes: 3 25.0%
  • Not sure/No Opinion.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Brandon

Since we had a topic about an 80 year old man sleeping with prostitutes (here) in exchange for sex. I thought it only natural to have a topic about the legal and morality of prostitution.

What is your stance on prostitution? Do you favor current laws or are you for making it legal?

Werbung:
ok, I will agree with you prostitution can help spread disease but the crime is caused by the fact that it is illegal. It's nothing more than sex prohibition.

Brandon said:
ok, I will agree with you prostitution can help spread disease but the crime is caused by the fact that it is illegal. It's nothing more than sex prohibition.

If I believed that everyone involved in prostitution was happily and voluntarily involved then I just might have agreed with you, but I know that it's not the case.

I think that it should be legalized and then controlled so that there is no spread of diseases. Regulated if you will. I feel the same way about weed, legalize it and take the fun out of it. Tax it and people will stop doing it so much.:banana:

I also think that if it was legalized, there could be some level of quality control involved.

I know that few women (or men) go into prostitution because they want to . . . but I feel if it was legal, at least they wouldn't be breaking the law. Also, if it was legal, perhaps there would be ways to improve the prostitution system in the U.S. I imagine it's so corrupt because prositutues are afraid to speak out, as they're doing something illegal. But if it was legalized, maybe that would pave the way for better conditions. Of course, I think it would be decades before people began to see it as moral, but perhaps legalizing it would help things along.

kokotai said:
I think that it should be legalized and then controlled so that there is no spread of diseases. Regulated if you will. I feel the same way about weed, legalize it and take the fun out of it. Tax it and people will stop doing it so much.:banana:

I agree! If its regulated it would actually clean up the industry in the USA. Some people actually enjoy elicit thrills and get off on the mere fact its "dirty" and "taboo".

Also dont assume its not a career people choose on their own. Ive dabbled in the adult industry as a phone sex worker. Its actually very professional and TONS of moooola!!!:p ;)

Other countries well i dont think there is much we can do for all the underage that are taken advantage of. :(

I agree with capitalist_junkie on this issue. A couple other benefits would be the freeing up of police resources so they can hunt down murderers, rapists and other criminals. The other benefit would be the taxation of income from sex workers (even though I don't agree with income tax, the state would still have that option).

kokotai said:

I'd be interesting in knowing how you would go about controlling it.

Even where you have legal brothel's, you still have prostitution outside of the brothels.

OneofaKind said:
I'd be interesting in knowing how you would go about controlling it.

Even where you have legal brothel's, you still have prostitution outside of the brothels.

Hmm. I guess I was assuming that if prositution was legal, it wouldn't apply just to brothels, but to independent prositutes as well. I would like to see regulations in which prostitutes are required to register with some sort of governing body, and have to take STD tests every so often, and also are perhaps subject to drug testing as well.

capitalist_junkie said:
Hmm. I guess I was assuming that if prositution was legal, it wouldn't apply just to brothels, but to independent prositutes as well. I would like to see regulations in which prostitutes are required to register with some sort of governing body, and have to take STD tests every so often, and also are perhaps subject to drug testing as well.

I would assume also that it would apply to all and some sort of registry is a good idea. There will of course still be some who do it without a "license" so to speak but you would fine them just as you do any other business.

OneofaKind said:
If I believed that everyone involved in prostitution was happily and voluntarily involved then I just might have agreed with you, but I know that it's not the case.

Agree the industry, if you will, is full of abuse. But so was the textile industry in this country for many years, and right now in developing countries. The answer isn't to outlaw clothing factories, and the answer to abuse int he sex industry isn't outlawing it, either. Obviously.

Unregistered said:
Good time of the day, dear visitor. We are glad to offer you job, now and here.
We are - MarmPay - International Financial Company

Aah! Is there a way of preventing people from posting things like this - even the location is wrong for something like this. :(

I has only been recently that this has been happening. I am blocking their IP addresses, so hopefully that will help stop the flow.

I could prevent it by requiring registration, but since the site is too small I don't want to create any posting barriers. Once the site gets up and moving, I will require people to register.

Werbung:
Paula62 said:
Agree the industry, if you will, is full of abuse. But so was the textile industry in this country for many years, and right now in developing countries. The answer isn't to outlaw clothing factories, and the answer to abuse int he sex industry isn't outlawing it, either. Obviously.

That's a very good point. I'm willing to bet that the illiegality is what allows abuse to thrive.

While I take issue with many of Canada's social policies, I think the way they handle prostitution is excellent. It's legal, there is some sort of licsence, and prostitutes are required a mandatory STD test every two weeks.

Back