The most politically incorrect thread of all time.

If you were only endangering yourself with such self delusions, I'd be the first to say, "go ahead."

However, you are also jeopardizing others on the road, and that's just wrong.

I've been driving for 50 years now, and in that time have seen every stupid stunt known to man. Mostly, the Darwin Award angel passes them by, but not always. I've learned to drive defensively, including not getting behind the wheel after consuming alcohol in any quantity.

I'd say quit now, before your luck runs out.

My point is that it isn't luck.

Now that I'm older, the number of times I get really drunk has dropped quite a bit. I imagine that eventually I will quit drinking a lot at one time. OTOH, it's too easy to be "legally intoxicated" so that probably won't stop any time soon.

Werbung:
PredFan;98153]I think doing it for 36 years qualifies me as one of those people who can.

Yeah you're a peach.:rolleyes:

Out endangering everyone else's son & daughters lives because you think you have some super human powers.

I think that was the exact same defense Druggie Limbaugh used for taking bottle fulls of OxyContin everyday... I'm not a danger... I can handle it... it's all those OTHER druggies we need to pay attention to. PLEEEEASE!!!

Seek help...

My point is that it isn't luck.

Now that I'm older, the number of times I get really drunk has dropped quite a bit. I imagine that eventually I will quit drinking a lot at one time. OTOH, it's too easy to be "legally intoxicated" so that probably won't stop any time soon.

Yeah... you'll be real surprised how quick your drinkin' slows down when your face smashes through that car windshield.

You probably can't absorb this but you do know don't you that the vast majority of people that get into serious drunk driving accidents including ones that killed other people "thought" they were OK to drive. If they "thought" they were going to KILL SOMEONE on the way home my guess is they wouldn't have drove.

Just do us all a big favor, don't take any passengers, and smack into a tree or pole or something instead of another car. It would be such a frickin' waste for you to take anyone with a lick of sense out with you.

Yeah you're a peach.:rolleyes:

Out endangering everyone else's son & daughters lives because you think you have some super human powers.

I think that was the exact same defense Druggie Limbaugh used for taking bottle fulls of OxyContin everyday... I'm not a danger... I can handle it... it's all those OTHER druggies we need to pay attention to. PLEEEEASE!!!

Seek help...

No, grow up.

Yeah... you'll be real surprised how quick your drinkin' slows down when your face smashes through that car windshield.

You probably can't absorb this but you do know don't you that the vast majority of people that get into serious drunk driving accidents including ones that killed other people "thought" they were OK to drive. If they "thought" they were going to KILL SOMEONE on the way home my guess is they wouldn't have drove.

Just do us all a big favor, don't take any passengers, and smack into a tree or pole or something instead of another car. It would be such a frickin' waste for you to take anyone with a lick of sense out with you.

Wow! How can I ever respond to such eloquent and well thought out statements?

Wow! How can I ever respond to such eloquent and well thought out statements?

You could admit that you hadn't thought it through and that you won't drink and drive anymore. Not only would we all feel safer, but we'd be impressed with your humility, and ability to learn and mend your ways. Anyone who brags on a public site about their ability to drink and drive is suffering from a pathologically engorged ego.

You could admit that you hadn't thought it through and that you won't drink and drive anymore. Not only would we all feel safer, but we'd be impressed with your humility, and ability to learn and mend your ways. Anyone who brags on a public site about their ability to drink and drive is suffering from a pathologically engorged ego.

Please!

Are going to back up Top gun's childish rant?

Haven't thought it through? I didn't just start today. I've been doing it for 36 years.

The reason, since you totally missed it, that I am stating this on a public site is two-fold.

1. I can be anonimous.

and

2. I am not just stating it for ****s and giggles, I also made a point.

It has nothing at all to do with ego.

Top Gun was right on target for once.

Driving under the influence is monumentally stupid and dangerous, and, if you haven't hurt anyone yet, it is blind luck.

1. Top Gun could have made the point without acting like a ten year old.

2. Blind luck for 36 years? Doubt it.

Haven't thought it through? I didn't just start today. I've been doing it for 36 years.
Just because you've been doing it for more than 3 decades doesn't mean you've thought it through.

The reason, since you totally missed it, that I am stating this on a public site is two-fold.

1. I can be anonimous. and

2. I am not just stating it for ****s and giggles, I also made a point.

It has nothing at all to do with ego.

You could have stated your point without bragging that you have been successfully breaking the law for 36 years. You are gambling with the lives of others and it tickles you to say so on a public site.

You are an interesting combination: a Christian Republican who advocates drunk driving and torture.

2. Blind luck for 36 years? Doubt it.

That's the ego talking, what a stud! Thirty six years of gambling and you've always been right, every time because you are SPECIAL! Drunk driving laws are for the other folks who aren't special like you.

You are an interesting combination: a Christian Republican who advocates drunk driving and torture.

Actually, that kind of makes sense in a twisted way.

Jesus will take care of you, regardless of your own foolish decisions.

Advocating drunk driving = advocating reckless disregard for the well being of others.
Advocating torture = advocating reckless disregard for the well being of others.

It kind of makes sense, so long as you ignore the philosophy that Christ actually preached, as recorded in the New Testament, which, of course, is totally opposed to advocating reckless disregard for the well being of others, and does not include god intervening to save a fool from his foolishness.

Top Gun was right on target for once.

Driving under the influence is monumentally stupid and dangerous, and, if you haven't hurt anyone yet, it is blind luck.

I could be that it is not blind luck. Some people just don’t get effected by alcohol that much and can maintain motor skills while others like myself cant handle even just a beer.

I don’t guess there are too many people out there who can maintain motor function after drinking but there are some and this guy is one of them.

I think that’s all he is saying, that and cops shouldn’t set up traps for drivers to see if they are drunk. If the car is swaying exc. then that’s reason enough to pull them over but to make up stupid lies like your tail light is out when its not or just camping outside bars and following people then making up stupid reasons to pull them over is wrong.

The police should be in business to keep us safe not make money off tickets.

Just because you've been doing it for more than 3 decades doesn't mean you've thought it through.

You could have stated your point without bragging that you have been successfully breaking the law for 36 years. You are gambling with the lives of others and it tickles you to say so on a public site.

Actually, if you read and understood my post (you seem to be showing me a pattern here), you would know that I don't advocate drunk driving. I am against random stops and roadblocks. That would be the only way they would catch me since I'm quite capable of driving after drinking.

I don't toe the Christian Republican party line, but I still am one.

Werbung:
That's the ego talking, what a stud! Thirty six years of gambling and you've always been right, every time because you are SPECIAL! Drunk driving laws are for the other folks who aren't special like you.

Never said that.

You know, before this I had hoped you wouldn't stoop to that kind of childishness. We were having good debate here. Can we get back to grown up talk please?

I don't believe I'm all that special. I believe there are a lot of people like me out there, they just never would dare to say these things. I wouldn't say them except on an internet site under an assumed name. I can hold my liquor, I don't think that's too special.

Back