1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Discuss politics - join our community by registering for free here! HOP - the political discussion forum

The next president?

Discussion in 'Elections & Political Parties' started by Nammy, Feb 8, 2007.

1. Nammy

Nammy Guest

2. InterestedParty

InterestedParty New Member

Gosh, I hope not.

3. USMC the Almighty

USMC the Almighty New Member

Here's how I feel. Personally, I would prefer someone like Newt Gingrich or Mitt Romney because we agree more politically. Guliani is (1) pro-choice (2) pro-gay marriage and (3) pro gun control -- three issues that strongly differ from my own.

However, more than anything else, our country needs to be united. We need someone who can get 55% of the vote; someone who can win in Texas and California.

If we think back to Reagan days, when he took office our country was in shambles -- torn apart. He was able to unite us and that's what we need most.

Partisanship will be the thing to kill this country. We need someone who can do this:
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Image:ElectoralCollege1980-Large.png and this:
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Image:ElectoralCollege1984-Large.png and I believe that Rudy has the best shot.

4. Walter

Walter Administrator Staff Member

Who are you guys rooting for?

5. Archangelwolf

Archangelwolf New Member

I like Rudy Guiliani, but I think he is too moderate for the Republicans. I just do not see them nominating him.

A dark horse? Colin Powell. After his Barbara Walters interview, he is back in my good graces.

I am a moderate Democrat; so the fact that these two Republicans could sway me is very interesting to me. I must have hit my head or something.

Arch.