The polls are climbing for "No thanks Obama"

Werbung:
And how would McCain done anything different. They need something, and it was going to suck no matter who was in charge.

And how would McCain done anything different. They need something, and it was going to suck no matter who was in charge.

You have a point there. And that is what is sad about this country, that the system lets these bloated losers in the government get away with this travesty.

Man, I smell a revolution coming, or Civil War II

This article put it where it is.

Shovel ready this stimulus bill in the ground, and bury it!

Obama knows he is duping the American people with this bloated bill from hell, and he's trying to push it down your throat. This displays his character which is contrary to his words...

He told us he was in favor of continuing the policy of economic bailouts. He said he was in favor of tax cuts. That is what this bill consists of.

How are his actions contrary to his words?

We voted for him, or at least a majority of us did, knowing where he stood on the issues.

At least, we should have known.

The rest of us voted for McCain, knowing that he, too, was in favor of continuing the bailouts, and for continuing the tax cuts.

The choice wasn't for fiscal responsibility or lack thereof. The choice was for tax cuts favoring the wealthy, or favoring the middle class, while the federal government continues to grow.

Maybe, next time around there will be a candidate who actually favors fiscal sanity and the tenth amendment, but I seriously doubt it. The era of limited government has been over for some time now.

The bailout and the economic stimulus, are two very different bills. Yes we knew Bailout-Barack was in favor of continuing the government give-a-way.

But this "economic stimulus" is not even an economic stimulus. It's simply a pay-back to political supporters. $100 million for a bridge in Wyoming? $24 Million for Honey-bee insurance? How do either of those help the economy?

Why can't Wyoming cancel unemployment compensation for a few months, and pay for their own bridge? They didn't have the bridge a few years back when the economy was good, so why would it help now?

Honey-bee insurance? Yeah, we need a "stimulus" for the massive honey-bee insurance crisis that is facing the nation.

Some of the stimulus is simply to pay welfare payments that states are overdrawn for. How does that help the economy? What's going to help the economy is for people to get up and go to work, not to sit at home waiting for a welfare check.

In other words, the Stimulus is a big massive pork, lobbyist payoff. It has nothing to do with the economy, or the bailout. It's simply Overspend-Obama, screwing over the entire country. He didn't run on it. It wasn't in his campaign. And no one, who knows what's in it, wants it, other than his political supporters that are getting paid off.

And no, I do not think McCain would ever have tried something like this if he had been elected. (granted he'd have done many other things I would have been ticked off about)

Werbung:
The bailout and the economic stimulus, are two very different bills. Yes we knew Bailout-Barack was in favor of continuing the government give-a-way.

But this "economic stimulus" is not even an economic stimulus. It's simply a pay-back to political supporters. $100 million for a bridge in Wyoming? $24 Million for Honey-bee insurance? How do either of those help the economy?

Why can't Wyoming cancel unemployment compensation for a few months, and pay for their own bridge? They didn't have the bridge a few years back when the economy was good, so why would it help now?

Honey-bee insurance? Yeah, we need a "stimulus" for the massive honey-bee insurance crisis that is facing the nation.

Some of the stimulus is simply to pay welfare payments that states are overdrawn for. How does that help the economy? What's going to help the economy is for people to get up and go to work, not to sit at home waiting for a welfare check.

In other words, the Stimulus is a big massive pork, lobbyist payoff. It has nothing to do with the economy, or the bailout. It's simply Overspend-Obama, screwing over the entire country. He didn't run on it. It wasn't in his campaign. And no one, who knows what's in it, wants it, other than his political supporters that are getting paid off.

And no, I do not think McCain would ever have tried something like this if he had been elected. (granted he'd have done many other things I would have been ticked off about)

A government giveaway is a government giveaway, and what is in this particular one was put there by the Congress, not the president. Of course, a lot of it is waste and pork. It was written by the government, you understand. Some of what may seem to be waste may not be, though:

How do welfare payments help the economy? Well, it all depends. If there is job for them to get up and go work at, then it is most likely to be counterproductive. If not, then the welfare recipient will use the money for food, which will provide a market for the grower, the transporter, the wholesaler, and the retailer, which will provide jobs for the welfare recipients to get up and go do.

And don't be so quick to dismiss honey bee insurance. There is an as yet unknown something that is causing honeybees to leave the hive and die. While that may seem to you to be inconsequential, it is not to the almond growers, the citrus growers, or a whole lot of other food producers that rely on honeybees to pollinate their crops.

I could be wrong, but I really think that one of the things that McCain would have done that you would have been ticked off about would have been a continuation of government giveaways. There is no way to know that for sure, of course, but neither candidate was even close to being a fiscal conservative.

Back