The public is not happy with the federal government.

PLC1

Staff member
Which, of course, is not too surprising:
Sour public gives Bush, Congress record lows in AP-Ipsos poll

Just 16 percent said the country is moving the right way, a virtual tie with the 17 percent who said so last month.

In addition, 28 percent said they approve of the job Bush is doing, tying his low in the AP-Ipsos survey set last April.

Congress fared even worse: a new AP-Ipsos low of 18 percent said they were happy with Congress' work, down 5 percentage points from last month.

What is surprising is that 16% say that the country is moving the right way, 28% approve of the pres, and 18% of the Congress. I wonder where that 1/4 and down have been? Maybe they're just easy to please.

Of course, the Bushistas will be happy to note that his ratings are still (relatively) high.

Werbung:
Question: Why should we be happy with the government? Just about everything that can go wrong has and is going wrong. I'm not saying i dont support the government because i do... I joined the military after 9/11 knowing i would go to war... and i dont agree with everything Bush has done but he is our President so i support him but our Government as a whole is screwing up about as bad a possible... We have Judicial tyranny Just about every branch of our gov does whatever they want to do and i'll say this we are no longer a country for the people by the people

Werbung:
Question: Why should we be happy with the government? Just about everything that can go wrong has and is going wrong. I'm not saying i dont support the government because i do... I joined the military after 9/11 knowing i would go to war... and i dont agree with everything Bush has done but he is our President so i support him but our Government as a whole is screwing up about as bad a possible... We have Judicial tyranny Just about every branch of our gov does whatever they want to do and i'll say this we are no longer a country for the people by the people

Welcome to the board.

Unfortunately, you are correct.

Back