1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Discuss politics - join our community by registering for free here! HOP - the political discussion forum

The public is not happy with the federal government.

Discussion in 'U.S. Politics' started by PLC1, Jul 15, 2008.

1. PLC1

PLC1 Moderator Staff Member

Which, of course, is not too surprising:
    Sour public gives Bush, Congress record lows in AP-Ipsos poll

What is surprising is that 16% say that the country is moving the right way, 28% approve of the pres, and 18% of the Congress. I wonder where that 1/4 and down have been? Maybe they're just easy to please.

Of course, the Bushistas will be happy to note that his ratings are still (relatively) high.

2. Locke

Locke New Member

Question: Why should we be happy with the government? Just about everything that can go wrong has and is going wrong. I'm not saying i dont support the government because i do... I joined the military after 9/11 knowing i would go to war... and i dont agree with everything Bush has done but he is our President so i support him but our Government as a whole is screwing up about as bad a possible... We have Judicial tyranny Just about every branch of our gov does whatever they want to do and i'll say this we are no longer a country for the people by the people

3. PLC1

PLC1 Moderator Staff Member

Welcome to the board.

Unfortunately, you are correct.